This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

Well, with your informative insight and in-depth research, how can anyone else compete?

You forgot to thank him

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

You forgot to thank him
      Well spotted. Nothing gets past you Barry.

It's great we get such masters of attention to detail so deeply involved in these discussions.

We are all very lucky.
      Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
      JayHartley.com

Comment

You clearly need something from me, John, but all I have to offer is my gratitude for your time and energy. You add so much value.
        I require nothing from you. But thanks for the compliments.

Comment

Well, with your informative insight and in-depth research, how can anyone else compete?
          All the informative insight and research research has been done longggggggg ago my friend, some just done see it .

Fake then, fake now .
          'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Well spotted. Nothing gets past you Barry.

It's great we get such masters of attention to detail so deeply involved in these discussions.

We are all very lucky.
            Yes the Diary believers are the fortunate ones the same can't be said for posters like myself and the Baron unless you're talking about being correct and actually knowing useful information about Jack the Ripper.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

unless you're talking about being correct and actually knowing useful information about Jack the Ripper.

I don't think they would go that far John, what sets the diary defenders apart, is that they put everything valuable behind them and glorified a fake diary..

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Considering the Provenance of the Diary. It needs to be proven to be the real deal though. Not the other way around.
                I don't believe it's the 'real deal', and yet the fact remains; so far, after 31 years of trying, nobody has proven it to be a modern forgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

We've found .. we've found

You just need to catch up with all of this.

The Baron
                  Oh **** off Orsam.

Comment

• Originally posted by StevenOwl View Post

so far, after 31 years of trying, nobody has proven it to be a modern forgery.

Did you just copy paste from your last post ??
                    Last edited by The Baron; 04-13-2024, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
                      The March 9, 1992, double event is either a coincidence or causally linked. Why? because there are grounds to argue a causal link. The 'phone call came from Liverpool - of all places in the world - and Eddie Lyons drank in the same pub as Mike Barrett who made the 'phone call.
                      This is really strangely reasoned, Tom.

I couldn't help noticing that you made a similar comment over on JTR Forums, implying that Barrett's phone call could have come from anywhere in the world -- Sierra Leone, Stockholm, Tokyo, the Outer Hebrides, etc.--- yet since he made it in Liverpool this is somehow suggestive...of something...

Ah, no. It's meant to be a diary of "James Maybrick" -- a man who lived in Liverpool.

If a bloke decides to fake a diary of Jack the Ripper, and doesn't live in London, why wouldn't he choose a local chap as the victim on his hoax?

It would 'explain' --or at least make more probable--how he got hold of it. No bloke in Sierra Leone is going to use Maybrick, he's going to come up with some British bloke who lived in Africa at the appropriate time.

Use your noggin', Old Bean. That the call came from Liverpool is not random once you consider the subject of this 63-page prank.

In other words, if Barrett had lived in Sydney, his diarist would have been Frederick Deeming. If he lived in Chicago, it would have been H.H. Holmes or Neil Cream.

He's going to need to explain how it ended up in his mitts, even if it's just a lame story about the recently departed Tony Devereux.

Using a local yokel would be commonsense, and he's also more likely to know a historical figure from his neck of the woods.

Comment

• Originally posted by StevenOwl View Post

I don't believe it's the 'real deal', and yet the fact remains; so far, after 31 years of trying, nobody has proven it to be a modern forgery.
                        My point still stands. Also its an obvious fake. People on this thread go on about it as if its a literary masterpiece it isn't. A child in there early teens could have written it.

Comment

• Well this thread has gone completely off the rails. I'm shocked.
                          Closing it until further notice.
                          It's going to be a nice day tomorrow. Everywhere.
                          Good day to get out of the house.

JM

Comment

Working...
                          X