This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post
    Not the scientific reports of metallurgists who date the scratches of considerable age, at least decades old, long before the diary's known existence.

It's far easier for critics to sweep over the watch, but thankfully, I am here to ensure the public gets to understand the reality. Not what suits the critics narrative.
    Ever notice how Jay Hartley is always here to "ensure the public gets to understand the reality" of the watch, but he never actually quotes the reports?

Could it have something to do with what Dr. Turgoose actually wrote in his conclusion?

"However, whilst there is no evidence which would indicate a recent (last few years) origin of the engravings, it must be stressed that there are no features observed which conclusively prove the age of the engravings.

They could have been produced recently and deliberately artificially aged by polishing, but this would have been a complex multistage process…."

Full report here:

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Turgoose Report on the Maybrick Watch - 10 August 1993

Enjoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

Ever notice how Jay Hartley is always here to "ensure the public gets to understand the reality" of the watch, but he never actually quotes the reports?

Could it have something to do with what Dr. Turgoose actually wrote in his conclusion?

"However, whilst there is no evidence which would indicate a recent (last few years) origin of the engravings, it must be stressed that there are no features observed which conclusively prove the age of the engravings.

They could have been produced recently and deliberately artificially aged by polishing, but this would have been a complex multistage process…."

Full report here:

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Turgoose Report on the Maybrick Watch - 10 August 1993

Enjoy.

I encourage everyone to read the reports.

Turgoose explained how difficult it was to replicate these results. What he was actually saying is that with the right equipment and expertise, you might be able to replicate similar results, but it requires the right equipment and technical knowledge to pull it off with a "complex multi-stage process". Turgoose admitted himself he couldn't replicate it.

But yet, we are to believe Albert, Robbie and now John White between them mastered this hoax.
      Last edited by erobitha; 04-13-2024, 08:57 PM.
      Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
      JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

What a load of bullshit.
        Thanks again for dropping by with your invaluable input.
        JayHartley.com

Comment

We do not have the conclusive proof either way.

And he wonders why he was labeled a diary defender

A diary defender.. on steroids

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by StevenOwl View Post

Nope - 31 years on and still nobody has found a single piece of evidence which 100% proves the scrapbook was a modern fake.

We've found .. we've found

You just need to catch up with all of this.

The Baron

Comment

Thanks again for dropping by with your invaluable input.
              No problem. You don't need to keep thanking me.

Comment

Its still true its a fake though.
                I did try tellin him.
                'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

I encourage everyone to read the reports.

Turgoose explained how difficult it was to replicate these results. What he was actually saying is that with the right equipment and expertise, you might be able to replicate similar results, but it requires the right equipment and technical knowledge to pull it off with a "complex multi-stage process". Turgoose admitted himself he couldn't replicate it.

But yet, we are to believe Albert, Robbie and now John White between them mastered this hoax.
                  So you do admit it was a hoax then?

Comment

As much as I’d admit that Americans get irony and Germans have a sense of humour.
                    Iconoclast
                    Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

As much as I’d admit that Americans get irony and Germans have a sense of humour.
                      National generalisations aside. Why are you answering a question asked to another poster?

Comment

No John, I'm playing along with you.

Thanks for dropping by.
                        JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

And he wonders why he was labeled a diary defender

A diary defender.. on steroids

The Baron
                          I don't wonder anything Barry.

Thanks for joining in.
                          JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

I did try tellin him.
                            Well, with your informative insight and in-depth research, how can anyone else compete?
                            JayHartley.com

Comment

No John, I'm playing along with you.

Thanks for dropping by.
                              But you admitted it was a hoax to a different poster.

And again you don't need to keep thanking me. I've already noted your gratitude.

Comment

But you admitted it was a hoax to a different poster.

And again you don't need to keep thanking me. I've already noted your gratitude.
                                You clearly need something from me, John, but all I have to offer is my gratitude for your time and energy. You add so much value.
                                JayHartley.com

Comment

Working...
                                X