X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

Oh dear, embarrassing if anything.

The letters were not incredibly damn clear to see at all and no one said they were.

They became discernible to us by dint of being photographed - not because they were photographed of course but simply because the room was lit up momentarily by the flash which accompanied it.

Word to the wise, old chap, if you’re going to try to be clever, I’d steer clear of a smart arse such as I.
    Ridiculous post it's random blood spatter.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

And even then I’m blow3d if I can see FM
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Nothing more.
        'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

Nothing more.
          Some of you can't see the 'FM' and some of you can see the general area of the 'FM' but claim that it is just random blood splatter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020 05 30 Farson MJK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.9 KB ID:	811161

I'm always willing to give the benefit of the doubt if a poster is genuine. The 'FM' is very clearly seen in Farson's 1973 paperback - right in the centre of the photograph on the first part of the wall above Kelly's corpse. I think most posters who can see the initials accept that the 'F' was not as marked as the 'M' which followed it, but equally it's not exactly difficult for the human eye to make both out with little effort. Except for those who are adamant they literally cannot see those two shapes. It is extraordinary, it really is. It's like looking for a bank in the High Street and everyone you ask keeps saying "See, just walk down to where that sign of the black horse is", and you just keep walking past it. As I say, extraordinary.

The second group of naysayers claim that what we are actually looking at are random blood splatters. I don't think that is credible in the slightest. I think it's really very obvious from the serendipitous photograph (imagine if it hadn't been taken) that the initials are indeed the work of blood splatters but there is not the slightest hint of random about them.

I shan't on this occasion dwell too long on the self-evident 'F' carved into Kelly's left arm.

Wheato - can I save you the effort of the reply by adding:

"Ridiculous. Blood splatters. Hoax. Ridiculous."?
          Iconoclast
          Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• There is no evidence James Maybrick was ever suspected by police at the time , could be placed at any of the Murder scenes , had any medical skill required to remove a kidney .

He was a Plain and simple Cotton Farmer ,Nothing More.

The Diary has been shown to be full of inconsistencies , ambiguious statements , jibberish waffle , and circumstancial events. Together with the clear scribble of a desperate attempt at creating fake vitctims initials , they both make great phony storytelling for the gullible masses .
            'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

There is no evidence James Maybrick was ever suspected by police at the time , could be placed at any of the Murder scenes , had any medical skill required to remove a kidney .

The Diary has been shown to be full of inconsistencies , ambiguious statements , jibberish waffle , and circumstancial events. Together with the clear scribble of a desperate attempt at creating fake vitctims initials , they both make great phony storytelling for the gullible masses .
              Well that rather neatly encapsulates the views of those who have little or no knowledge of Maybrick's candidacy for Jack. You may wish to be less derivative in future and perhaps increase your general background reading of Maybrick's life and times.

Thank you for coming along today and thank you for your interest in posting to this thread. This is The Greatest Thread of All and - as such - we receive interest from thousands of people for every post. Unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion but we'll keep your CV on file and contact you if we have any requirement in the future for superficial analysis and ill-considered pontificating.
              Last edited by Iconoclast; 06-17-2023, 08:40 AM.
              Iconoclast

Comment

There is no evidence James Maybrick was ever suspected by police at the time , could be placed at any of the Murder scenes , had any medical skill required to remove a kidney .

He was a cotton merchant, not a farmer.

Secondly, are we to assume by your logic the only possible candidates for Jack the Ripper are those who were or have been suspected by the police?

Ted Bundy was not the police’s radar until a random traffic stop in his beetle revealed his back seats removed and full of suspicious materials like ropes, masks etc.

BTK in effect handed himself in by leaving his name on a computer disk. Until then the police had no idea of his identity.

Ed Kemper in effect handed himself in after murdering his mother. Until then the police had no idea who the Coed killer was.

Your faith in the police, Victorian police at that, is rather commendable but sadly flawed.
                Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                JayHartley.com

Comment

Well that rather neatly encapsulates the views of those who have little or no knowledge of Maybrick's candidacy for Jack. You may wish to be less derivative in future and perhaps increase your general background reading of Maybrick's life and times.

Thank you for coming along today and thank you for your interest in posting to this thread. This is The Greatest Thread of All and - as such - we receive interest from thousands of people for every post. Unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion but we'll keep your CV on file and contact you if we have any requirement in the future for superficial analysis and ill-considered pontificating.
                  What other evidence do you have for Maybrick's candidacy for "JACK "?

Now that the Diary and watch have been shown to be easily dismissed.

9682 post that have been hotly contested since 2008 would surely otherwise have been, oh I'd say about 12 .!!!

James Maybrick', the life and times of a cotton farmer ,

Yes I've read it ,wasn't much of a read , pretty boring actually.

Comment

What other evidence do you have for Maybrick's candidacy for "JACK "?

Now that the Diary and watch have been shown to be easily dismissed.

9682 post that have been hotly contested since 2008 would surely otherwise have been, oh I'd say about 12 .!!!

James Maybrick', the life and times of a cotton farmer ,

Yes I've read it ,wasn't much of a read , pretty boring actually.
                    Hi Fishy. Frankly this thread has descended into more stupidity with those diary believers talking more and more bullshit they should be embarrassed.

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

Secondly, are we to assume by your logic the only possible candidates for Jack the Ripper are those who were or have been suspected by the police?

Ted Bundy was not the police’s radar until a random traffic stop in his beetle revealed his back seats removed and full of suspicious materials like ropes, masks etc.

BTK in effect handed himself in by leaving his name on a computer disk. Until then the police had no idea of his identity.

Ed Kemper in effect handed himself in after murdering his mother. Until then the police had no idea who the Coed killer was.

Your faith in the police, Victorian police at that, is rather commendable but sadly flawed.
                      Ok cotton merchant . Sorry .

Now what other evidence do you have for Maybrick's candidacy for "JACK "?

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post
                        Having decidedly - all-too rashly - that the Yorkshire Ripper was a Mackem, George Oldfield and his team managed to walk right past Peter Sutcliffe time and time again despite the evidence screaming it was he whom they were seeking (including ignoring a report written by one of their own team detailing the many reasons why Sutcliffe was their man!).

So you're absolutely right - not all murderers were on the police's radar and even some of those that were were not assured of a collar at any point soon.

Sutcliffe, for the record, and in support of your general principle, was literally stumbled-upon by a couple of beat cops checking a suspicious car for likely sex work activity.
                        Iconoclast

Comment

Ok cotton merchant . Sorry .
                          Now what other evidence do you have for Maybrick's candidacy for "JACK "?
                          I would draw your attention to my brilliant Society's Pillar if I thought for even a brief moment that you might read something about Maybrick's candidacy for Jack. I originally wrote it in order to stop having to repeat myself over and over again when the ill-informed raised the old canards which - if they'd been paying better attention - they'd have known the answers to.

The '25 (in '26) is going to be off the scale better, but the original is a decent enough starting-point.
                          Iconoclast

Comment

Hi Fishy. Frankly this thread has descended into more stupidity with those diary believers talking more and more bullshit they should be embarrassed.
                            Hi J.W Yeah its pretty embarrassing , like Tevors organ harvesting theory,Ike and a few [ and i say few ] others have wasted far to much time on a fairytale!.If as we are to believe the Royal Conspiracy is a total fake ,then the Maybrick dairy and watch debacle should indeed be elevated above that theory for none other than sheer stupidity.

Comment

Hi J.W Yeah its pretty embarrassing , like Tevors organ harvesting theory,Ike and a few [ and i say few ] others have wasted far to much time on a fairytale!.If as we are to believe the Royal Conspiracy is a total fake ,then the Maybrick dairy and watch debacle should indeed be elevated above that theory for none other than sheer stupidity.
                              Well-balanced, Fishy.

Something in there to offend everyone ...
                              Iconoclast

Comment

Well-balanced, Fishy.

Something in there to offend everyone ...
                                No more offensive Ike that when you expect me to believe James Maybrick was in fact jtr based on a flawed dairy and an engraved watch !!

Comment

Working...
                                X