Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There has never been any evidence or proof that there was any initials on Mary Kellys bedroom wall . There we go all ,lets put this nonsense thread to bed .
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• There has never been any evidence or proof that there was any initials on Mary Kellys bedroom wall . There we go all ,let's put this nonsense thread to bed .
      I think when you can get everyone who reads or posts here to state that the 'F' and 'M' which is mentioned by James Maybrick in his Jack the Ripper confessional and which are so clearly visible on Kelly's wall are somehow a genuine statistical fluke of otherwise undifferentiated pixelation, and you can get everyone who reads and posts here to state that the James Maybrick signature in his watch was just a flukey guess by some erstwhile hoaxer then I will wholeheartedly agree that you may as well close the thread down because there will only be me left to argue otherwise.

But those who read these posts and write to me privately and many of those who actually post here have acknowledged that there is an unmistakable 'FM' on Kelly's wall and a very good facsimile of Maybrick's signature in his watch, so I guess the wait goes on for you, Fishy, and your undiscerning peers to see the conclusion of this, commonly understood to be The Greatest Thread of All.

I thanks you.

Ike
      Iconoclast
      Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
        There has never been any evidence or proof that there was any initials on Mary Kellys bedroom wall . There we go all ,lets put this nonsense thread to bed .
        It's just random blood spatter.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

It's just random blood spatter.
          That's perfectly plausible, yes. But you'd have to be seriously deluded, and blinkered beyond belief, to not accept that the random blood splatter has formed a very clear M, and a less clear F on the wall. No problem right? It's only random blood splatter after all, it could have formed a W and a G. The reason that the Diary naysayers are pretending they can't see the FM on Kelly's wall is because *if* the scrapbook is ever proven to have been existence prior to the publication of Farson, then they have a problem that they can't easily explain away with ill-conceived hoax claims.

Comment

• Originally posted by StevenOwl View Post

That's perfectly plausible, yes. But you'd have to be seriously deluded, and blinkered beyond belief, to not accept that the random blood splatter has formed a very clear M, and a less clear F on the wall. No problem right? It's only random blood splatter after all, it could have formed a W and a G. The reason that the Diary naysayers are pretending they can't see the FM on Kelly's wall is because *if* the scrapbook is ever proven to have been existence prior to the publication of Farson, then they have a problem that they can't easily explain away with ill-conceived hoax claims.
            Also just as a point of note, if the heart has stopped prior to the throat being slashed there would be no blood splatter. Arterial blood spray relies on blood pressure in order to create spray. No heart beat, no blood pressure, no spray.

All of Jack’s victims who were killed outdoors were all most likely strangled before the throat was cut. The spray if any would be weak at best.
            Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
            JayHartley.com

Comment

No there is no F or M on the wall it is random blood spatter.

Comment

But if the F and M are so clear how were they missed not only by the police but the inquest jurors and the photographer as well? I suppose they could have been seen and not commented on or the reports were somehow lost both of which seem rather unlikely.

And keep in mind that this took place after the GSG so it is reasonable to think that the police were looking closely for any type of message. It was a small room not a 50 room mansion.

c.d.

Comment

Random blood splatter does not miraculously harden into a discernible collection of recognisable letters, Owly, but I accept that your gambit was probably largely to convey reasonableness before your tour de force.

And a fine tour de force it is, and so much the more powerful for coming from a position which is often mocked and criticised here on the Casebook. I couldn't agree more with your comments (after the 'perfectly plausible' bit). I particularly loved the simplicity of your coruscating point in red.

Ike
                  Iconoclast

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post

But if the F and M are so clear how were they missed not only by the police but the inquest jurors and the photographer as well? I suppose they could have been seen and not commented on or the reports were somehow lost both of which seem rather unlikely.

And keep in mind that this took place after the GSG so it is reasonable to think that the police were looking closely for any type of message. It was a small room not a 50 room mansion.

c.d.
                    Yawn, yawn, yawn. Have you honestly never seen any of the thousand examples of posts in the past where this point has been raised and then addressed, time after time after time?

Okay, we'll trust that you haven't, so please pay attention.

Miller's Court had - to the best of our knowledge - limited natural light. It was not blessed with long open spaces where sunlight could hurtle down and smash into those dreadful, tiny rooms. They were fundamentally unlit. Not so much sunlit uplands as unlit badlands.

So Kelly's room would not have been ablaze with light, and blood dries dark. Bad combination in those bad lands.

So how come we can see those initials so clearly in the PHOTOGRAPH?

Let's try that one again:

Photograph.

Ooh, I just can't think.

What does a photograph of a dark room have that the natural unlit unit lacks?

Ooh, it's on the tip of my tongue. I just can't remember it, though.

Oh, I'll stop thinking about it and I'm sure it'll come to me in a ...
                    Iconoclast

Comment

• Random blood splatter does not miraculously harden into a discernible collection of recognisable letters

But apparently random grilled cheese and white toast can harden into the face of Jesus, fluffy white clouds can miraculously turn into horses galloping across a blue sky and chemicals leached from sun protective coating for windows can turn into the Virgin Mary.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

Yawn, yawn, yawn. Have you honestly never seen any of the thousand examples of posts in the past where this point has been raised and then addressed, time after time after time?

Okay, we'll trust that you haven't, so please pay attention.

Miller's Court had - to the best of our knowledge - limited natural light. It was not blessed with long open spaces where sunlight could hurtle down and smash into those dreadful, tiny rooms. They were fundamentally unlit. Not so much sunlit uplands as unlit badlands.

So Kelly's room would not have been ablaze with light, and blood dries dark. Bad combination in those bad lands.

So how come we can see those initials so clearly in the PHOTOGRAPH?

Let's try that one again:

Photograph.

Ooh, I just can't think.

What does a photograph of a dark room have that the natural unlit unit lacks?

Ooh, it's on the tip of my tongue. I just can't remember it, though.

Oh, I'll stop thinking about it and I'm sure it'll come to me in a ...
                        So let me make sure I am clear on this -- these letters that were so incredibly damn clear and which virtually shouted from the wall "hey, look at me!!! needed a flash to actually be seen. Hmmm. My first thought is well then maybe those letters weren't so damn clear after all unless someone has on a giant pair of confirmation bias glasses.

c.d.

Comment

Random blood splatter does not miraculously harden into a discernible collection of recognisable letters

But apparently random grilled cheese and white toast can harden into the face of Jesus, fluffy white clouds can miraculously turn into horses galloping across a blue sky and chemicals leached from sun protective coating for windows can turn into the Virgin Mary.

c.d.
                          I know you think you’ve been very clever there, but you haven’t and I’m guessing you don’t know why you haven’t been clever.

You haven’t been clever because you’ve attempted to compare extremely common events with an extraordinarily rare one. Toast is made a billion times every day. Clouds form a billion new patterns every few seconds, especially where there is wind. And there are more windows in the world than there are slices of bread toasted every day.

It is statistically inevitable that we will eventually see Jesus in the toast, in the clouds, and in streaks on windows because the instances which render those things possible are almost endless.

But there is only ONE photograph of Kelly’s wall so - to see what we see on that one occasion - is simply beyond mere statistics (if those two initials are somehow not actually there).

Last edited by Iconoclast; 06-16-2023, 10:34 PM.
                          Iconoclast

Comment

So let me make sure I am clear on this -- these letters that were so incredibly damn clear and which virtually shouted from the wall "hey, look at me!!! needed a flash to actually be seen. Hmmm. My first thought is well then maybe those letters weren't so damn clear after all unless someone has on a giant pair of confirmation bias glasses.

c.d.
                            Oh dear, embarrassing if anything.

The letters were not incredibly damn clear to see at all and no one said they were.

They became discernible to us by dint of being photographed - not because they were photographed of course but simply because the room was lit up momentarily by the flash which accompanied it.

Word to the wise, old chap, if you’re going to try to be clever, I’d steer clear of a smart arse such as I.
                            Last edited by Iconoclast; 06-16-2023, 10:41 PM.
                            Iconoclast

Comment

• All your yawning, Ike is a little disconcerting to say the least. It has been shown that a lack of sleep can result in cognitive decline and confusion. That is fancy talk for what in layman's terms means that you are seeing stuff that ain't really there. Best be getting some shut eye.

And as for you hanging your hat on the camera flash, Patricia Cornwell and her team one upped the flash by using advanced computer enhancement techniques to show that there is a caricature self portrait of Sickert on the wall apparently in addition to the F and M. I'll be damned. Just how many murderers were in that room?

c.d.

Comment

• Word to the wise, old chap, if you’re going to try to be clever, I’d steer clear of a smart arse such as I.

I appreciate the warning but I watch professional wrestling. I know how to talk smack.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X