• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    I'll see your stab.....

Originally posted by caz View Post

Can I take a stab, Ike?

1) Anyone who doesn't immediately roll over and swallow Bongo's horsefeathers.

Anyone who uses the term DAiry

2) I don't know, but what IS that smell of rotting fish?

The kippers that were done up in 1992!

Love,

Caz
    X
    Whay Hey.
    Who's move is it now?
    Last edited by Al Bundy's Eyes; 07-24-2020, 05:06 PM. Reason: Forgot the bold.

Leave a comment:

• caz
    replied
    Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

Can I ask two questions to which I would love answers:

1) What is the actual definition of a DAiry Defender? (And I'm not referring to the likes of erobitha or me here)

2) What underlies a question like that quoted above? What is the implication? (It seems to come up regularly without ever being clear what specifically is being implied.)

Ike

Can I take a stab, Ike?

1) Anyone who doesn't immediately roll over and swallow Bongo's horsefeathers.

2) I don't know, but what IS that smell of rotting fish?

Love,

Caz
    X

Leave a comment:

• caz
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

I'm not sure if you agree with me or not, Caroline.
    Sort of, Scotty. The diary does read like a farce, or spoof, or parody to me, so I'm biased and assume that's the way its author wrote it and meant it to be read.

I think I'd know the author if I'd met him in his lifetime and knew his 'voice'.

Love,

Caz
    X

Leave a comment:

• Iconoclast
    replied
    ... out of curiosity, has the sales contract between MB and Robert Smith ever been made public?
    Can I ask two questions to which I would love answers:

1) What is the actual definition of a DAiry Defender? (And I'm not referring to the likes of erobitha or me here)

2) What underlies a question like that quoted above? What is the implication? (It seems to come up regularly without ever being clear what specifically is being implied.)

Ike

Leave a comment:

• caz
    replied
    Originally posted by Observer View Post
    Listen I couldn't give a toss whether what you did there, I'm saying

'Maybe I will take some part away with me to see if it does taste of like fresh fried bacon'

could indicate in the way I described in my previous post someone dictating the Diary as another transcribed it.
    Have some manners, Obs. Learn something from The Baron.

I just demonstrated that it isn't necessarily an indication of dictation, because people do precisely the same thing all by themselves, with nobody pulling their strings.

But the funny thing is, someone could have been 'dictating the Diary as another transcribed it', just as you suggest. In fact I accept your suggestion and believe it happened that way round. Mike dictated the Diary, while Anne transcribed it onto the word processor. And I have very little doubt that minor errors would have crept in along the way.

As they say, nobody's perfect.

Love,

Caz
    X

Leave a comment:

Working...
X