Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by caz View Post
    It's funny how some of those who quite rightly don't see letters on the wall that were not really there can nevertheless see words in the diary that are not really there.
    Are we back to "an initial here, an initial there", Caz? What else could they refer to, but the alleged initials on the wall?
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

    "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by caz View Post
      Don't know where others get the time or the patience.

      Love,

      Caz
      X

      I retired 5 years ago, on my 40th b'day.

      I'm bored and the diary is a good distraction.



      At least until the new book arrives through the letter box :-D

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
        I really ought to read it again with the old sense of humour switched firmly on - after all, one of the great charms of Diary of a Nobody is Pooter's utterly banal attempts at humour. I'll re-read the Maybrick Diary in that spirit. I might even enjoy it!
        Henry, have you ordered the new copy?

        Maybe seeing it in all of its 'glory' it'll become more....real?


        * Full colour facsimile of the diary's 64 pages

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          And the diarist acts as if the "FM" is some kind of written confession. Had the police discovered any such graffiti (and they didn't), how on earth would they have ever made the connection to James Maybrick? They'd sooner bring in Fanny Mortimer for questioning!
          Ah, now this reasoning is more like it, Harry. That might be what our hoaxer meant. Left 'it' [not them] in 'front' for all eyes to 'see', but they will never 'find' it. They could stare at whatever 'it' might have been for the next hundred years and still not find this clue to the murderer's identity because, as you say, how could any initials possibly have led back to James Maybrick with no other known connections between him and the murders?

          It was all part of the game. The 'fools' were hardly fools for missing a 'clue' like that, were they? Once again, "Sir Jim" comes out of this looking the bigger fool, and I must say that does seem to have been the object all along.

          Love,

          Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


          Comment


          • Originally posted by caz View Post
            Ah, now this reasoning is more like it, Harry. That might be what our hoaxer meant. Left 'it' [not them] in 'front' for all eyes to 'see', but they will never 'find' it. They could stare at whatever 'it' might have been for the next hundred years and still not find this clue to the murderer's identity because, as you say, how could any initials possibly have led back to James Maybrick with no other known connections between him and the murders?

            It was all part of the game. The 'fools' were hardly fools for missing a 'clue' like that, were they? Once again, "Sir Jim" comes out of this looking the bigger fool, and I must say that does seem to have been the object all along.

            Love,

            Caz
            X
            Hmmmm. A family member, maybe....

            Caz, you clearly know more than you're letting on. That's entirely your prerogative, of course.

            But.... I demand you tell us what you know!!!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kaz View Post
              Henry, have you ordered the new copy?

              Maybe seeing it in all of its 'glory' it'll become more....real?


              * Full colour facsimile of the diary's 64 pages
              Kaz, alas I haven't. As an artist with a diminishing income, currently struggling to keep the roof over the head of two lovely children, I can't justify treating myself to it.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                Kaz, alas I haven't. As an artist with a diminishing income, currently struggling to keep the roof over the head of two lovely children, I can't justify treating myself to it.

                Soon as I've read my copy I'll lend you it if you like?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by caz View Post
                  It was all part of the game. The 'fools' were hardly fools for missing a 'clue' like that, were they? Once again, "Sir Jim" comes out of this looking the bigger fool, and I must say that does seem to have been the object all along.
                  I think you might be giving the hoaxer(s) far more credit than they deserve, Caz.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                  "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kaz View Post
                    Soon as I've read my copy I'll lend you it if you like?
                    That's very kind indeed, Kaz, thank you. But I'm sure I'll get the unvarnished, unbiased, undistorted summary of the book's contents right here on these here pages! (Pauses for laughter).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                      That's very kind indeed, Kaz, thank you. But I'm sure I'll get the unvarnished, unbiased, undistorted summary of the book's contents right here on these here pages! (Pauses for laughter).



                      You didn't have to pause for very long

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                        Ah, but you see, he didn't want the police to notice his clues, he wanted to avoid the gallows. They were clues just for him! So he made his F all messy. The police missed it. Thankfully Kaz and Ike (love you both!!) did not, thanks to the lucky angle of the photograph.

                        Phew!
                        Do you not see the irony here, Henry? What if the hoaxer deliberately put in this obviously dodgy piece of logic merely for dramatic purposes, to add to the buffoonish character he was creating for Sir James?

                        The whole premise makes no logical sense, does it? Judging by some of the arguments being made, people would have found our diarist's account somehow more credible had there been a clear F or M of the right size, in the right place and not 'all messy'. But it would still not have been a clue that would ever have sent the police in JM's direction. So yes, of course it would have been a clue 'just for him' - to gloat about in the silence of his lonely room and for no other purpose under the sun.

                        No clue, no clue....

                        Love,

                        Caz
                        X
                        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kaz View Post
                          You didn't have to pause for very long

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by caz View Post
                            Love it, Joshua.

                            If he was wearing loafers, could he have been a master baker? Or would that finger Kosminski?

                            Sorry about the silly mood I'm in. The poor August weather is keeping me out of the garden.

                            Love,

                            Caz
                            X
                            Caz,

                            Hasn't there been enough name-calling without you calling Jack a 'master baker.'
                            Regards

                            Herlock




                            “ Herlock is the cleverest man that I’ve ever met.” - Stephen Hawking.
                            “ I wish that I could have achieved half as much as Herlock.”- Neil Armstrong.
                            “ What a voice Herlock has.” - Luciano Pavarotti.
                            “ I wish that I could dump Harry for Herlock.” - Meghan Markle.
                            “ I know that it’s not good to be jealous but I just can’t help it.” - John Holmes.

                            Comment


                            • I remember years ago when I first noticed the 'm' I thought yes! Monty signed his name!
                              Regards

                              Herlock




                              “ Herlock is the cleverest man that I’ve ever met.” - Stephen Hawking.
                              “ I wish that I could have achieved half as much as Herlock.”- Neil Armstrong.
                              “ What a voice Herlock has.” - Luciano Pavarotti.
                              “ I wish that I could dump Harry for Herlock.” - Meghan Markle.
                              “ I know that it’s not good to be jealous but I just can’t help it.” - John Holmes.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by caz View Post
                                Do you not see the irony here, Henry? What if the hoaxer deliberately put in this obviously dodgy piece of logic merely for dramatic purposes, to add to the buffoonish character he was creating for Sir James?

                                The whole premise makes no logical sense, does it? Judging by some of the arguments being made, people would have found our diarist's account somehow more credible had there been a clear F or M of the right size, in the right place and not 'all messy'. But it would still not have been a clue that would ever have sent the police in JM's direction. So yes, of course it would have been a clue 'just for him' - to gloat about in the silence of his lonely room and for no other purpose under the sun.

                                No clue, no clue....

                                Love,

                                Caz
                                X
                                I'm hearing you, Caz.

                                "It says, 'Here may be found the last words of Joseph of Arimathea. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the Holy Grail in the Castle of ....aaaarrrrrggghhhhhh'"

                                "If he was dying he wouldn't bother to carve 'aaarrrrghhhh'. He'd just say it."

                                "Perhaps he was dictating?"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X