Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ben View Post
    Nope, Tom, that's just the thing. I didn't have to do any better than that, and nor did the forger.

    Oh look, here's a ripper book with a funny sketch on the back. Oh look, the last word is "May" and it's being used in the context of the intended capture of the Whitechapel murderer. Hey, that's conveninent, cuz the chap I'm implicating has "May" in his surname. Let's bung that in the diary!

    And he does.
    I realize this post is old, but I still wanted to chime in here.

    I don't even think we need to go that far to find a reason for the use of the shortened "May", as such a shortening of a person's name is very common in Liverpool. If James were around today, he'd likely be known by his pals as either "Jay" or "May," so it's easy to see why the writer would use such a nickname. Nobody would call him "Brick," May is an obvious nickname for a Maybrick.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ben View Post

      Interesting that both the cartoon AND the list of Eddowes' accessories were easily obtainable from that one book, published in 1987.
      Not to mention the fact that all of the relevant info re: James and Florence's argument at the National, and the list of National winners and fastest times were all available in one book by Richard Whittington-Egan, as well as all relevant info on James and Battlecrease being available in the very same author's other works republished in the 80's.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mike J. G. View Post
        Not to mention the fact that all of the relevant info re: James and Florence's argument at the National, and the list of National winners and fastest times were all available in one book by Richard Whittington-Egan, as well as all relevant info on James and Battlecrease being available in the very same author's other works republished in the 80's.
        Well done, you've cracked the case against Maybrick.

        What a waste of 25 years of so many people trying to ...

        I'm off back to the drawing-board. I'll see you there.

        Ike
        Iconoclast
        Author of the brilliant Society's Pillar
        Link: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox
        Author of the even more brillianter Society's Pillar 2025 (available in all good browsers soon-ish)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mike J. G. View Post
          My interest in Maybrick has nothing to do with him being a Ripper suspect, as I personally don't believe he's even remotely close to being a good candidate, and obviously, without the link to the "diary", he really isn't a good suspect at all.
          No need for anyone to read any further than this point, and I shan't, I think.

          Maybrick as candidate is absolutely no weaker whatsoever than any other candidate, and so much stronger than most.

          Ike
          Iconoclast
          Author of the brilliant Society's Pillar
          Link: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox
          Author of the even more brillianter Society's Pillar 2025 (available in all good browsers soon-ish)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mike J. G. View Post
            Interestingly, Richard Whittington-Egan also thought James was a silly suspect for the crimes, and I wonder if he also had an inkling that his various writings about Liverpool were the catalyst for an imaginative Scouser to connect dots that weren't there and make James become a Jack.
            Couldn't help myself. You're 9 years behind on this thread, but I read it anyway.

            Are you actually saying that Richard Whittington-Egan discussed the possibility of James Maybrick being Jack the Ripper?????

            New one on me ...

            Ike
            Iconoclast
            Author of the brilliant Society's Pillar
            Link: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox
            Author of the even more brillianter Society's Pillar 2025 (available in all good browsers soon-ish)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
              No need for anyone to read any further than this point, and I shan't, I think.

              Maybrick as candidate is absolutely no weaker whatsoever than any other candidate, and so much stronger than most.

              Ike
              It seems you did read further, lol.

              Maybrick, a man on nobody's list of suspects in 1888, a man only connected by an obviously forged diary in the early 90s, is no weaker than men who were actual criminals and actually on suspect lists during the period in question?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
                Couldn't help myself. You're 9 years behind on this thread, but I read it anyway.

                Are you actually saying that Richard Whittington-Egan discussed the possibility of James Maybrick being Jack the Ripper?????

                New one on me ...

                Ike
                Everyone has to start somewhere, old chap. I've been well-acquainted with this thread and the case for a lot longer than you'd think, being that I live a mere 4 minute walk from Battlecrease.

                I'm not sure if you read what I typed correctly. Richard definitely scoffed at the idea of James being Jack, and for good reason.

                You won't find the Poste House in any Gore's directory of 1888, Iconoclast. The excuse I've seen, and a rather weak one at that, is that Maybrick was discussing another Poste house... Y'know, erm, the one in...? Where was it again? There wasn't one in Liverpool, and I should know, lol.

                It's quite hard to get past the fact that most of the details in the diary are lifted right out of the pages of several books.

                A diary for a well-known Liverpool man, from a well-known case, appears in Liverpool, containing exact details found in the pages of a popular Liverpool author's book from 1969, republished as a series in the 1980s.

                The OP talks about details of the diary, including the National, as being "unlikely to have been researched," yet they're literally easily obtained in Liverpool Soundings, there's an actual chapter on the National, ironically talking about the fastest times for each year, especially 1889, and discussing the argument at the race between James and Florence.

                Coincidence? Not if you're exercising logic.

                The other details, as has been mentioned by others, were available in the list of items from the police report which were also available at the time.

                The rest of the Maybrick story is fully detailed by Whittington-Egan in his 80's republished works.

                Then we have the rest of the issues: it's not Maybrick's handwriting for a start.

                This is a well-known local joke that people have been suckered into.

                Next time you're in the city, take a look at the mural in Aigburth Vale, and notice the distinct lack of any mention of JtR. Nobody here is daft enough to believe in such a silly thing as a Diary of Jack the Ripper.

                It's a good little piece of fiction, though, just like Tom Slemen's stories.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mike J. G. View Post
                  Everyone has to start somewhere, old chap. I've been well-acquainted with this thread and the case for a lot longer than you'd think, being that I live a mere 4 minute walk from Battlecrease.
                  Does anyone else - like me - suspect that Mike has a positive advantage in the case by living close to a road that Maybrick once walked down?

                  I could be wrong (he might not even be a Scouser, or even from the UK) but - if he is - I think it's scurrilous that someone with such a clear advantage over the rest of us (though he'd never mention it of course) is allowed to post here.

                  Does Admin have no rules about these things?

                  Anyway, did I tell you that I live a mere 220,000 mles from the moon landings so I know for a fact they were faked? I was looking, and I couldn't see anyone up there.

                  Ike
                  Last edited by Iconoclast; 06-24-2017, 08:11 AM.
                  Iconoclast
                  Author of the brilliant Society's Pillar
                  Link: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox
                  Author of the even more brillianter Society's Pillar 2025 (available in all good browsers soon-ish)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
                    Does anyone else - like me - suspect that Mike has a positive advantage in the case by living close to a road that Maybrick once walked down?

                    I could be wrong (he might not even be a Scouser, or even from the UK) but - if he is - I think it's scurrilous that someone with such a clear advantage over the rest of us (though he'd never mention it of course) is allowed to post here.

                    Does Admin have no rules about these things?

                    Anyway, did I tell you that I live a mere 220,000 mles from the moon landings so I know for a fact they were faked? I was looking, and I couldn't see anyone up there.

                    Ike
                    I don't think theres a "positive" advantage in any way, shape or form attached to "proximity"....I could be sat in in the 10 Bells typin' me tat out, and still feel totally perplexed about the whole dogs breakfast.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
                      Does anyone else - like me - suspect that Mike has a positive advantage in the case by living close to a road that Maybrick once walked down?

                      I could be wrong (he might not even be a Scouser, or even from the UK) but - if he is - I think it's scurrilous that someone with such a clear advantage over the rest of us (though he'd never mention it of course) is allowed to post here.

                      Does Admin have no rules about these things?

                      Anyway, did I tell you that I live a mere 220,000 mles from the moon landings so I know for a fact they were faked? I was looking, and I couldn't see anyone up there.

                      Ike
                      You seem to be making weird assumptions, is that the norm around here?

                      If you'd actually bothered to follow what was going on, you'd see that you claimed I was 9 years late to the thread, to which I responded that I was well acquainted with both the thread and the case for many years because I live right next to the road. If you can quote any part of my post which says I have an advantage for living close, then go ahead and post it, or merely continue to just make nonsensical assumptions, Iconoclast. It's no skin off my nose, I'm well aware of the severe lack of maturity around here, despite the age of most posters!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
                        I don't think theres a "positive" advantage in any way, shape or form attached to "proximity"....I could be sat in in the 10 Bells typin' me tat out, and still feel totally perplexed about the whole dogs breakfast.
                        Not to worry, considering I never made such a claim at all, lol. My post is right there for all to see. The problem around here is that people seem to see whatever they fancy seeing, which is why we have Maybrick threads and Lech threads in the first place.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mike J. G. View Post
                          Everyone has to start somewhere, old chap. I've been well-acquainted with this thread and the case for a lot longer than you'd think, being that I live a mere 4 minute walk from Battlecrease.
                          I'm not sure how anyone could view that post and think I was claiming some kind of advantage...

                          It's interesting that the rest of my post was ignored. People are just unwilling to back down on their preferred suspects. Gotta pay those bills somehow, eh?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mike J. G. View Post
                            Not to worry, considering I never made such a claim at all, lol. My post is right there for all to see. The problem around here is that people seem to see whatever they fancy seeing, which is why we have Maybrick threads and Lech threads in the first place.
                            It all adds to the mix Mike...I don't have a problem with any of it.
                            Ive asked daft questions on here before....Some call you daft...fair enough, another kind soul simply points you in the right direction, none of it leaves any bruises.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
                              It all adds to the mix Mike...I don't have a problem with any of it.
                              Ive asked daft questions on here before....Some call you daft...fair enough, another kind soul simply points you in the right direction, none of it leaves any bruises.

                              I'm pretty thick-skinned, I just find it interesting that people deliberately avoid addressing things with their preferred subjects and instead deliberately try take things out of context in an obvious attempt to divert attention from a post that they're unwilling to tackle.

                              You post a fact that calls so-called "evidence" into question, and people sarcastically post things like "you've cracked the case, I'm finished with it!"

                              And these are men who're in their twilight years? I always wonder how they act in person, because on here, they seem to act like kids in Youtube comment-sections.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
                                I could be wrong (he might not even be a Scouser, or even from the UK)
                                Well I'll be attending the Marriot hotel Ripper conferences in September in Liverpool if you'd like to come and verify my tracksuit and perm. I'll have a natter with you over a pint, plenty of nice pubs here.

                                I'm always astounded at how the most outgoing characters on forums such as this seem to be the most quiet in person.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X