25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    totally agree with everything except Roswell. My father was a scientist and worked their briefly in the 70s. It was top secret stuff and they asked him to reverse engineer some material to try and find out what its componants were and what its use was for. he wouldn't talk about it much but on his death bed because he knew Iwas so interested in it and always pestered him about it, he told me it was exotic stuff, not found naturally on Earth nor did he know of anyone, country, company etc. that was known to make it. He wasn't told directly but it was definitely tied to the incident in 47. He wouldn't come right out and say it was from UFO though, but I guess that's how scientists are, very conservative. He was a skeptical dude to begin with also. LOL!

But something was definitely going on there. My personal belif is that an alien craft, a drone of some sort may have crashed. I doubt they had alien bodies though.
    We'll have to agree to disagree, Abby! lol. I'm far too set in my ways!

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
      And Anne Barrett spelled it 'rhondeveau' when asked for a sample of her handwriting at various speeds. See P. 177, The Inside Story.

Graham
      Oh, snap!

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

your not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you Kaz?

Genuine question.
        Kaz is just genuinely emotional right now, because the big bad naysayers are naysaying her bestest and most favourite story in the whole world.

Odd to see such behaviour from a supposedly grown adult, mind. I wonder whether some of these people have kids, and if so, how do they act in front of them?

Comment

• Clearly some people really struggle with basic statistics. Thus, there are no recorded examples of the phrase "one-off", being used prior to 1903 (and then only in an engineering context-it would be decades later before the phrase entered common usage.)

Therefore, the chances of a single example appearing in a disputed diary with zero provenance, supposedly originating from years earlier, are astronomical. It would mean, for instance, that James Maybrick was not only the first person in recorded history to use the phrase, but no one else is recorded as doing so for more than a decade, and then in a very different technical context.

The odds against that happening must be at least several hundred million to one against, I.e. on the basis that the phrase could have originated from any individual, capable of writing English, over that period.
          Last edited by John G; 09-14-2017, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike J. G. View Post
            We'll have to agree to disagree, Abby! lol. I'm far too set in my ways!
            No worries mate. it very well could have been material acquired from an advanced country here on Earth, just nothing my dad was familiar with. Like I said he never said he thought it was from a UFO.

Off topic so lets get back to something much more believable. ; )
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Kaz is just genuinely emotional right now, because the big bad naysayers are naysaying her bestest and most favourite story in the whole world.

Odd to see such behaviour from a supposedly grown adult, mind. I wonder whether some of these people have kids, and if so, how do they act in front of them?

The opposite.

Thanks (on behalf of Robert) for bumping this thread up and up and up though, all 500 have sold out

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaz View Post

The opposite.

Thanks (on behalf of Robert) for bumping this thread up and up and up though, all 500 have sold out
                No worries, if I can bring any small shred of joy to your obviously otherwise complicated and incomplete life, then you just let me know, lol.

Comment

No worries, if I can bring any small shred of joy to your obviously otherwise complicated and incomplete life, then you just let me know, lol.
                  Have you any scientific proof for this being the case?

Comment

No worries mate. it very well could have been material acquired from an advanced country here on Earth, just nothing my dad was familiar with. Like I said he never said he thought it was from a UFO.

Off topic so lets get back to something much more believable. ; )
                    I do enjoy the story, I'm a bit of a nerd for all sorts of paranormal and cryptid stuff, I've just become less and less swayed by it all over the years through bits of research in my spare time.

I'm a huge Bigfoot nerd, as you can probably tell, lol. I don't go on about it much, though!

Comment

Have you any scientific proof for this being the case?

If I did, I'd share them with an adult who was capable of understanding it, Kaz.

Now, back on topic.

I gave you 4 errors, can you refute any of them, and can you give me 4 examples of the diary being genuine?

This is the third time I've asked today, and it kind of seems like you're avoiding it.

Comment

I gave you 4 errors, can you refute any of them, and can you give me 4 examples of the diary being genuine?

This is the third time I've asked today, and it kind of seems like you're avoiding it.
                        Indeed.

You clearly have zero respect for my opinion so I'll point you in the direction to a book by robert smith.

He has ALL of the answers (I kid you not)

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                          Clearly some people really struggle with basic statistics. Thus, there are no recorded examples of the phrase "one-off", being used prior to 1903 (and then only in an engineering context-it would be decades later before the phrase entered common usage.)

Therefore, the chances of a single example appearing in a disputed diary with zero provenance, supposedly originating from years earlier, are astronomical. It would mean, for instance, that James Maybrick was not only the first person in recorded history to use the phrase, but no one else is recorded as doing so for more than a decade, and then in a very different technical context.

The odds against that happening must be at least several hundred million to one against, I.e. on the basis that the phrase could have originated from any individual, capable of writing English, over that period.
                          This has been my point all along regarding the chance and probability of the whole saga.

People are oddly quick to make a pass for so many glaring issues, and it's kind of perplexing.

James Maybrick is being put forth as a man who invented phrases, drank in pub's that didn't exist, wrote in two entirely different hands, could predict the future, and not only that, but on the side, he was the world's most notorious and successful murderer, evading capture, only to be thwarted by arsenic, and finding himself involved, post-mortem, in a massive poisoning case that had the world paying attention.

A man of many talents.

Comment

• Hi Kaz,

Just pointing out that you stated there were several experts who said that the Diary had no linguistic anachronisms. Still waiting for you to list them.

Evidence of your claims. Proof, if you will. Still waiting. Or would you like to retract that statement?

Let all Oz be agreed;
                            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Indeed.

You clearly have zero respect for my opinion so I'll point you in the direction to a book by robert smith.

He has ALL of the answers (I kid you not)
                              I'd have some respect for you if you didn't act like an emotional teenager, Kaz.

I'd also have respect for your opinion, but you seem to not want to give one, despite me asking several times.

You're basically here for the shits and giggles. Strange, but hey, however you want to pass the time.

Comment

That's rich, coming from a grown adult who doesn't understand how the burdon of proof works, lol. Kaz, I'm probably half your age and I'm doing just fine. You, on the other hand, are bit of a lemon.

So you're 22?

Explains alot...

Your attitude towards the likes of us who remain open minded and are not convinced about your so called 'proof', stinks... I mean that without any nastiness attached, just a factual observation. Many have said similar.

Best get your mates involved now, help bump up your deflated ego (don't be so hard on yourself though, your condition is known to be quite debilitating...)

Comment

Working...
                                X