Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Lechmere......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What happened to Lechmere......

    What actually happened to Lechmere after the last of the C5 murders?
    Did he just stop?

  • #2
    Originally posted by evertonmarc View Post
    What actually happened to Lechmere after the last of the C5 murders?
    Did he just stop?
    To evertonmarc

    For Lechmere to have stopped after the last of the C5 murders he had to have committed them and there is nothing to say he committed them in the first place.

    Cheers John

    Comment


    • #3
      Fisherman claims to have murders outside of the C5 that he link to Lechmere, but he has yet to indulge us with this information.

      Otherwise, yes the sudden cessation after Mary Kelly is one of several black marks against Lechmere as the Ripper. It depends on whether you think a man who horrifically butchers women on his way to work one Autumn will suddenly retire or de-escalate into lower profile murders?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        Fisherman claims to have murders outside of the C5 that he link to Lechmere, but he has yet to indulge us with this information.

        Otherwise, yes the sudden cessation after Mary Kelly is one of several black marks against Lechmere as the Ripper. It depends on whether you think a man who horrifically butchers women on his way to work one Autumn will suddenly retire or de-escalate into lower profile murders?
        Hi Harry,

        My thoughts exactly!
        I'm not discounting the guy, as I truly don't know what happened to him hence the question.
        Obviously other "suspects" mysteriously went mad, died etc just after the last murder.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by evertonmarc View Post
          What actually happened to Lechmere after the last of the C5 murders?
          Fisherman and Lechmere (the poster of that name) are the best people to ask but my understanding (from their research) is that he prospered and lived to a ripe old age.

          Did he just stop?
          Only if he started.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins twisting facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (as Sherlock Holmes).

          Comment


          • #6
            haha thanks Bridewell. Maybe I should rephrase the initial post!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by evertonmarc View Post
              What actually happened to Lechmere after the last of the C5 murders?
              Did he just stop?
              He was last seen at 12.3Opm on 22nd November 1963 on a grassy knoll somewhere in Dallas.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                To evertonmarc

                For Lechmere to have stopped after the last of the C5 murders he had to have committed them and there is nothing to say he committed them in the first place.

                Cheers John
                There is A LOT to say he did - but no absolute proof.

                Kind of different.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by evertonmarc View Post
                  What actually happened to Lechmere after the last of the C5 murders?
                  Did he just stop?
                  Hi EM
                  I think Fish and poster lech keep an open mind that he may have continued to kill after the C5. I think they put Mckenzie in that possible frame as well as the further torsos including Jackson and the pinchon st. torso.

                  Lechmere mother lived close to pinchon street and was apparently in the cats meat business-so there may be some familiarty with a knife and cutting up things.

                  An interesting growing idea is that the ripper and torso man might have been the same person, as evidenced by the uncanny similarity by the way Jackson and Kelly had flaps of skin/flesh removed from there pelvic area.

                  And Lech was still in the area throughout the torso killings.

                  IMHO hes not a bad suspect, although I would put about half dozen candidates in front of him on the viability scale.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

                  -Edgar Allan Poe


                  "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                  -Frederick G. Abberline

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by evertonmarc View Post
                    What actually happened to Lechmere after the last of the C5 murders?
                    Did he just stop?
                    If I am on the money, he did not start or stop killing in 1888, I can say that much. But since I am in the process of researching the matter, I will not divulge any more than that. Meaning that you are going to have to trust me - for a change.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

                      IMHO hes not a bad suspect, although I would put about half dozen candidates in front of him on the viability scale.
                      With a judgment like that, we are never going to get to the bottom of this, Abby...!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Personally I think JtR's crimes started on 1888, and probably ended with MJK. Considering such a major escalation, I find it hard to believe that he would suddenly de-escalate to the extent of, say, McKenzie or Coles.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                          With a judgment like that, we are never going to get to the bottom of this, Abby...!
                          oh I think we will-I just keep an open mind.
                          "Is all that we see or seem
                          but a dream within a dream?"

                          -Edgar Allan Poe


                          "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                          -Frederick G. Abberline

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by John G View Post
                            Personally I think JtR's crimes started on 1888, and probably ended with MJK. Considering such a major escalation, I find it hard to believe that he would suddenly de-escalate to the extent of, say, McKenzie or Coles.
                            Hi JohnG
                            Along with all the other similarities-don't forget that tabram and McKenzie both had their skirts pushed up to reveal the abdomen, like the rest-that's the clincher for me. Coles probably wasn't a ripper victim.

                            also, in terms of McKenzie and de-escalation-the ripper may have been disturbed(possibly scared away by the PC who found her) and or extremely intoxicated. or sick/weak?
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

                            -Edgar Allan Poe


                            "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                            -Frederick G. Abberline

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                              Hi JohnG
                              Along with all the other similarities-don't forget that tabram and McKenzie both had their skirts pushed up to reveal the abdomen, like the rest-that's the clincher for me. Coles probably wasn't a ripper victim.

                              also, in terms of McKenzie and de-escalation-the ripper may have been disturbed(possibly scared away by the PC who found her) and or extremely intoxicated. or sick/weak?
                              Hi Abby,

                              Yes, I certainly see Tabram as a possible victim, and wouldn't completely rule out Smith, either. I take your point about McKenzie, however, the mutilations were largely superficial, and even the neck wound was somewhat tentative-in contrast to Kelly, of course, who was virtually decapitated.

                              I think that, as you suggest, if she was a Ripper victim he must have been intoxicated or significantly weakened, i.e. through illness.
                              Last edited by John G; 01-13-2016, 10:46 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X