Lechmere in Baltimore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lechmere in Baltimore

As many of us know, Christer will not respond to my posts. I find this puzzing in that anything that I've written on these boards - directed at him and/or his "theory" - does not approach the level of insolence he routinely displays to anyone not fawning over his work and it's "conclusions".

Many of you also know that I have asked Christer to debate me at the Baltimore conference in April. I hope that you will join me in encouraging him to accept.

As I've stated previously, I am happy to pay for a venue. My choice would be that there be no admission fee and that the event be open to any and all interested in attending. Yet, if Christer would like to charge admission, he can keep 100% of the gate. I'll provide any refreshments he requests. I only wish to share the time and space with him for a lively and respectful discussion of this topic. I'm an experienced public speaker. I've spoken before very large audiences. I'm confident that we can present a fun, interactive, and instructive event. One that would certainly conclude with handshakes, pats on the back, and a few pints.

Perhaps all we need to do at this point is take a step back and try to gain some perspective. In the end, we are all part of a small community. We have a common interest. Disagreement mustn't lead to enmity that mutes dicussion.

In light of Christer's work, I have taken the time to research the Nichols' murder and those involved. I've researched Lechmere's life, as well. I have arrived at much different conclusions. Conclusions that I think are simply much more plausible then those propagated by Christer. In the coming months I will complete and - hopefully - publish a dissertation that provides - in my view - a very plasible and common sense explanation of the actions of those involved in the Nichols case. It does not reference the "Lechmere Theory" the "Mizen Scam" or Christer's work in general. It is intended to stand on it's own, serving as a reference to those seeking an understanding of the Nichols murder, Lechmere, Paul, and - most of all - PCs Mizen, Neil, and Thain. I hope it will serve as very modest contribution to "Jack the Ripper" body of knowledge.

If Christer will not join me in Baltimore, I hope that "Lechmere" will be highlighted to some degree.

Thanks.

PDS

I'd love to see something like this recorded.

Comment

I have said before that I think it's a solid idea. Even if he can't make it in person, that shouldn't stop it from being possible. Gotta love technology. Could even live stream it for all interested parties.
      I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

I'll put money on this never happening.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          I unfortunately agree.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
            I unfortunately agree.
            And perhaps until Fush either agrees or gives a good reason why not his CROSS attack should be put to bed. Perhaps he has a good reason, but unfortunately I can hunk of a few bad ones too.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

As the absurties from Christer mount (and he continues to ignore me ) I wanted to bump this thread.

Christer now wants it both ways: He wants us to apply reason, asking "WHY" Mizen would do this or that (WHY would Jonas lie? Why would he risk it?), while disregarding reason when analyzing Lechmere's actions. We cannot simply ask why Lechmere would continue to submit himself to the police for no reason if he'd killed Nichols. WHY would he risk it? Again? And Again? And Again?

He also seems to think that his "internationally sent" documentary is proof of Lechmere's guilt. If that were the case, how many Rippers would we have by now?

Despite Christer's assertion that he's been called a coward, he's not been called that by me...to this point. Alas, if he so strongly believes in his theory and he views me - as he's stated repeatedly - as his intellectual inferior with too little experience and common sense to present a valid counter to his argument then why avoid me on these boards and not meet to debate this matter? If it's not cowardice, what is it? I'd like to know?

I think it's plain that Christer will not be appearing to defend this nonsense from common sense in Baltimore. Is there anyone who'd like to present the pro-Lechmere view in his abscence? We need a true believer. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
                Is there anyone who'd like to present the pro-Lechmere view in his abscence? We need a true believer. Anyone?
                Would you settle for someone faking being a True Believer if none exist in the wild? There's enough in the back and forth for someone to fake it well enough with properly complied reference material. Not myself, minyou, I am far too lazy.
                I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
                  Would you settle for someone faking being a True Believer if none exist in the wild? There's enough in the back and forth for someone to fake it well enough with properly complied reference material. Not myself, minyou, I am far too lazy.
                  Patrick might try debating himself, I suppose.
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                    Patrick might try debating himself, I suppose.
                    Well. I generally only like to debate when I'm guaranteed a decisive, easy win. Such is the case with Christer. The opponent you suggest....well...that's another matter.

Comment

Working...
                    X