X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Iīll just do the one bit with you, Batman (Bitman...?):

JtR fled plenty of times.

Did he now? And you KNOW this how? After having had you tell me that I should not go further than the evidence allows, letīs see you handle this question.

For all I know, he may have walked quietly away each and every time.

The best
    Fisherman
    Fled the scene doesn't mean going full speed ahead or maxed out as fast as your legs can carry you.

It means to pass swiftly. To remove oneself from trouble. The mechanism by which that happens is probably the legs. What velocity doesn't matter a darn, except he got away. Persons Unknown was the verdict.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ausgirl View Post
      There's a plenitude of killers who've employed the ruse of pretending to find a body. Including serial killer John Eric Armstrong:

Perhaps your previous discussion missed that. Happy to help.
      That's a good find. Any more serial killers who did this?
      Last edited by Batman; 01-13-2015, 05:16 PM.
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
        I'll take this one.

Hi Ausgirl - In the dark, from a distance, Cross said he thought it was a tarpaulin lying on the ground but once he got closer he realised it was a woman. There was no tarpaulin!
        Well thank goodness for that! I thought I'd somehow suffered a stupendous blind spot. Really, I just should avoid skimming threads at 4am.

Much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
          That's a good find. Any more serial killers who did this?
          What. One isn't good enough?

I could probably turn up a few, given time. As faux discovery of bodies isn't that unusual, it stands to reason that here and there a multiple murderer might employ the same tactic.
          Last edited by Ausgirl; 01-13-2015, 05:22 PM. Reason: redundant phrase is redundant

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
            And the evidence for either of these is ???

And it is only mums location [you know the mum he was estranged from to the degree he started killing] that he visited that ties him to one murder. Oh and i use ties in the loosest possible sense.
            Where is your evidence this is NOT true? In my version Lechmere, or should I say Cross!, is a filthy liar who hates his mom so much he kills unfortunates but still allows his daughter to live with her and goes and visits both on the weekends.

Comment

• Actually, Crossmere's problems all stemmed from the fact that his mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
                Where is your evidence this is NOT true? In my version Lechmere, or should I say Cross!, is a filthy liar who hates his mom so much he kills unfortunates but still allows his daughter to live with her and goes and visits both on the weekends.
                That's how you play ripperology you make stuff up and then say "Where is your evidence this is NOT true?"
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

That's how you play ripperology you make stuff up and then say "Where is your evidence this is NOT true?"
                  I'm learning very fast.

On an aside, please don't take my posts seriously. I greatly respect your posts Gut.

Comment

I'm learning very fast.

On an aside, please don't take my posts seriously. I greatly respect your posts Gut.
                    I sort of figured you were having a lend of us.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

How are we to know the mind of a killer?!? Who's to say he did?!?! Just because Lechmere become a successful businessman and left his family better off than when they were born doesn't mean he wasn't harvesting organs in his store's cellar!

Did you not SEE that sinister picture of him at the end of the doc? It was like staring into the eyes of JTR.
                      Possibly because this is a ridiculous argument? Who's to say absolutely everyone involved in the case was some sort of bizarre serial killer. Its possible. Its just that the odds against it are infinitesimal. Its also a similar argument to that put forward by PAtricaia Cornwall…look into his eyes…

Amiabal thought the chaps are who seem to be making the Lechmere case.. Is he not really a ripperologists suspect? A suspect pinned down by micro detail and observations without any sense what so ever of the 'macro' or bigger picture?

INdded once you travel the path of it must have been a local man so everybody local is a suspect, without any logical reason, canyt you make the argument for almost any other suspect involved being the ripper?

Who'se the top ten? Fanny Mortimer, Hutchinson, Pearly Poll…

Lawende and Levy.. both who make better suspects

Harriot Lily, Cadoshe, Richarson (Always suspecious) Morris Eagle?

The list of suspects as credible as Charles Lechmere surely goes on and on and on?

As does this thread…Jef
                      Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 01-13-2015, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• But it does seem to be how to play the game, say what you like and challenge people to prove it wrong.
                        G U T

Comment

His mother sold cat meat and he had an "estranged" relationship with her. He is fallen from wealth and holds a grudge.
                          But that had been true about all Lechmere's life. Why the sudden and brief foray into such incrrdible violence?

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
                            But that had been true about all Lechmere's life. Why the sudden and brief foray into such incrrdible violence?
                            Death of a child. Stress at work. Who are we to know the mind of a killer?!?
                            Last edited by Dane_F; 01-13-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

But it does seem to be how to play the game, say what you like and challenge people to prove it wrong.
                              As a person who attempts to look at JTR from a logical standpoint of "what makes the most sense" this, I admit, is one of the more frustrating aspects of the forum.

I don't expect everything to line up and work out logically. There of course will be things that simply don't make sense to us. But some people take this to the extreme and throw all logic out entirely when making their theories.

Comment

But it does seem to be how to play the game, say what you like and challenge people to prove it wrong.
                                It's time the game changed, and it is a game. Grab a suspect that we can't know everything about and make him fit, then dare the rest of us to prove it wrong. It's pathetic really and anyone can do it, but it requires a suspension of disbelief on the front end, and then delusion or dishonesty in the long run if one wants to keep the game going long enough to sell a book. Everyone's a McCormick.

Mike
                                huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X