Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    Ok if cross is our killer why did he stop
    How are we to know the mind of a killer?!? Who's to say he did?!?! Just because Lechmere become a successful businessman and left his family better off than when they were born doesn't mean he wasn't harvesting organs in his store's cellar!

Did you not SEE that sinister picture of him at the end of the doc? It was like staring into the eyes of JTR.

Comment

Ok if cross is our killer why did he stop
      pinkmoon, to save everyone, especially Fisherman, a lot trouble - even I know that the claim is that Cross did not stop and is responsible for a number of unsolved murders after 1888. Almost certainly an unsubstantiated claim but let's not revive that particular line of debate again.

Added

Oh well, Dane beat me to it but with sarcasm.
      Last edited by David Orsam; 01-13-2015, 03:56 PM. Reason: seen earlier response

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
        How are we to know the mind of a killer?!? Who's to say he did?!?! Just because Lechmere become a successful businessman and left his family better off than when they were born doesn't mean he wasn't harvesting organs in his store's cellar!

Did you not SEE that sinister picture of him at the end of the doc? It was like staring into the eyes of JTR.
        Whoever killed poor mary kelly was quite obviously seriously deranged there's murder and there's what happend to poor mary which was purely horrific are we asked to believe that our killer woke up one morning and no longer had to urge to go out a slaughter another poor victim.The whole reason why our killer stopped tends to get ignored when people propose a new suspect and claim the dreaded case closed.
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
          pinkmoon, to save everyone, especially Fisherman, a lot trouble - even I know that the claim is that Cross did not stop and is responsible for a number of unsolved murders after 1888. Almost certainly an unsubstantiated claim but let's not revive that particular line of debate again.

Added

Oh well, Dane beat me to it but with sarcasm.
          It seems the only way to take this thread it's deviated so far off the track. I would like to take this opportunity to take you for all your detailed posts though David. I find them enlightening and far more logical than some other posts I read.

Comment

Whoever killed poor mary kelly was quite obviously seriously deranged there's murder and there's what happend to poor mary which was purely horrific are we asked to believe that our killer woke up one morning and no longer had to urge to go out a slaughter another poor victim.The whole reason why our killer stopped tends to get ignored when people propose a new suspect and claim the dreaded case closed.
            An entire documentary was made where the only linking piece of evidence was the person was seen standing near the body in the middle of the street. The "why did he stop" angle quiet honestly is low priority when there's so much else to build up first.

Comment

An entire documentary was made where the only linking piece of evidence was the person was seen standing near the body in the middle of the street. The "why did he stop" angle quiet honestly is low priority when there's so much else to build up first.
              The why did he stop bit is very high priority when proposing anyone for the crown of jack the ripper.
              Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

The whole reason why our killer stopped tends to get ignored when people propose a new suspect and claim the dreaded case closed.
                Isn't that more for another thread though because the proposers of Cross for JTR have not ignored this.

Comment

I would like to take this opportunity to take you for all your detailed posts though David. I find them enlightening and far more logical than some other posts I read.
                  Cool, it's reassuring to know that someone (other than Fisherman) is actually reading them!

Comment

The why did he stop bit is very high priority when proposing anyone for the crown of jack the ripper.
                    You are treading dangerously close to ground where Fish will show up and say that he is doing nothing like proposing Lechmere for the crown of JTR. He is simply a "person of interest".

This of course seems to contradict with the vehement defense of everything Lechmere related and the doc that purposes he was. But it's what Fish will say none-the-less.

Comment

Cool, it's reassuring to know that someone (other than Fisherman) is actually reading them!
                      I'm reading and appreciating them too David.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Isn't that more for another thread though because the proposers of Cross for JTR have not ignored this.
                        My argument would be at this time every detail has been throughly dissected, pointed, counter pointed, and counter counter pointed multiple times over. I honestly do not know how much more discourse there can be on this subject until new evidence is presented.

Comment

• How about the other often ignored question why did he start butchering women in the first place.

Comment

How about the other often ignored question why did he start butchering women in the first place.
                            His mother sold cat meat and he had an "estranged" relationship with her. He is fallen from wealth and holds a grudge.

Comment

His mother sold cat meat and he had an "estranged" relationship with her. He is fallen from wealth and holds a grudge.
                              And the evidence for either of these is ???

And it is only mums location [you know the mum he was estranged from to the degree he started killing] that he visited that ties him to one murder. Oh and i use ties in the loosest possible sense.
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post

We actually discussed a precident for a serial killer playing witness. I can't come up with any and nobody else seemed to know either.

So I don't think there is any precident for serial killers playing the witness.
                                There's a plenitude of killers who've employed the ruse of pretending to find a body. Including serial killer John Eric Armstrong:

Perhaps your previous discussion missed that. Happy to help.

All this, merely by way of supporting the idea that JtR could indeed have been 'saucy' enough to hang about crime scenes or visit the morgue, perhaps even chat to police, all the while gloating madly. It really is not uncommon behaviour.

I'm personally not at all invested in the notion of Lechmere as Ripper, but if one is going to shred somebody's theory, I think attributing absolutes to human behaviour, especially abberant behavior, is not a particularly good move. Because look: wrong.

Like the myth that serial killers do not just up and quit killing, before resuming an outwardly unremarkable life.

Comment

Working...
                                X