Charles Allen Lechmere - new suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    That´s not favouring me. Favouring me involves the very clear possibility that the cutting took place after Lechmere arrived at the scene... (I am a hard man to please).
    Fish,

Accept the little I offer

have a good break by the way

steve

Comment

That´s not favouring me. Favouring me involves the very clear possibility that the cutting took place after Lechmere arrived at the scene... (I am a hard man to please).
      It's a very remote possibility. In all probability Lechmere is an innocent man. And frankly nothing suggests otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
        Hi Steve

But the way proponents of The Lechmere Theory go on it's as though they believe that it was a matter of seconds after the murder that Lechmere was with the body. This is simply a possibility and one that seems rather remote to me. In the absence of anything that actually points to Lechmere he is poor suspect.

Cheers John
        John

I guess in theory it is possible they were there at almost the same time(killer and Lech) that would work if :

1. Lech did not see the killer who was in the shadows, guess that is possible.

2. Lech saw the killer but was scared, we are straying into Pierreland here.

My best proposal would be the killer heard Lech about to come into Bucks Row and made his escape, in which case he may have been viewed but not noticed.

However have made clear I am open to any theory which has backup.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
          Fish,

Accept the little I offer

have a good break by the way

steve
          No worries, Steve - it went down, hair and hide!

And thanks; a break with my wife and two of my kids is always an unexpected treat! Couldn´t get the middle one to come along, since he´s in Australia...

Comment

John

I guess in theory it is possible they were there at almost the same time(killer and Lech) that would work if :

My best proposal would be the killer heard Lech about to come into Bucks Row and made his escape, in which case he may have been viewed but not noticed.

Steve
            Clearly, the phantom killer proposal has NO backup. So why is it your best proposal? We are 100 per cent certain that Lechmere was there, we have no evidence whatsoever that someone else was - what we have is a lot of people agreeing that it was a very quiet night and that not a soul was seen around.

Yeah, yeah - I know

Comment

Clearly, the phantom killer proposal has NO backup. So why is it your best proposal? We are 100 per cent certain that Lechmere was there, we have no evidence whatsoever that someone else was - what we have is a lot of people agreeing that it was a very quiet night and that not a soul was seen around.

Yeah, yeah - I know
              yes you do..

have fun

s

Comment

I didn´t say it was a fact, I said that much more speaks for Lechmere being the liar than for Mizen. So it is an overwhelming probability only.

When a boy says "That boy hit me!", it´s also a he said/he said argument. But there is a difference when there is no damage as opposed to when there is a bloody nose. And there are a few bloodied noses in Lechmere´s case ...

I will have fun in Milan. Any tips, directions...?
                I agree with you 100% on that! What we don't have for this particular part of the lechmere theory is proof that this was cleared up. was there a re-questioning of Mizen by his superiors? Did they revisit with Lechmere to clear up the discrepancy? Did they bring the two together? We'll never know unfortunately. I do side with Mizen on this, but its' incomplete as evidence I think.

I would go where the wind takes you. alot to see there.

Columbo

Comment

Yeah, yeah - I know
                  That's another point in against of Lechmere. If all is correct about the timing he should've heard something.

Columbo

Comment

• [QUOTE=Elamarna;397915]

Dear Steve,

You write something very interesting here:

Is it not true that not all the murder sites are on a direct route to his place of work from home? And as such the theory lacks strength.
                    There is an explanation for Lechmere finding Polly Nichols particularly, and not one of the others. It is indicated in what you say here above.

What is it?

Pierre

Comment

Yeah, yeah - I know
                      Killers are not phantoms. They are persons. Do not try to give us all the impression that the sources you have twisted and misinterpreted are speaking of the supernatural.

According to the sworn testimony of PC Mizen, Cross told him there was a policeman in Buck´s Row.

Comment

John

Steve

Fisherman has made a journalists construct called "the Mizen Scam" to make a dead person look like a serial killer. That is a destruction of important sources.

The sworn police constable Mizen told everyone at the inquest that Cross stated to him that Cross had seen a policeman at the murder site.

The dress of the victim was pulled down. This is explained by the murderer being disturbed by the passing carman.

Regards, Pierre (and welcome to my land)

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;398083]
                          Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

Dear Steve,

You write something very interesting here:

There is an explanation for Lechmere finding Polly Nichols particularly, and not one of the others. It is indicated in what you say here above.

What is it?

Pierre
                          Pierre

Well this was the only one of the 5 which took place on a roadway which was presumably used as a thoroughfare by workers on the way to work, that based on the information that both Lechmere and Paul used it, if they did, probably safe to suggest others did too.

Hanbury street, in backyard.
                          Berner street, inside an entranceway to a yard.

Mitre square, used as a thoroughfare during daytime, but probably not so at that time of the night, although it has been speculated it was used by prostitutes and clients. the two police beats covering the square and surrounds may suggest that there was some nocturnal activety, but that is speculation only.

Miller court of course inside.

It could be argued it is the only site where a member of the general public would be likely to find a body at that time of day.

For the other sites, one would need to have a very specific reason to visit, certainly with Berner street, Hanbury street and Millers court.

Mitre square is a little bit more complicated given it had nightwatchmen on the square and regular police visits, and was possibly used by others too.

however it is unlikely a casual member of the public would use it.

That’s the only thing I can think of to answer that question.

s

Comment

• [QUOTE=Elamarna;398091]

QUOTE=Pierre;398083

Pierre

Well this was the only one of the 5 which took place on a roadway which was presumably used as a thoroughfare by workers on the way to work, that based on the information that both Lechmere and Paul used it, if they did, probably safe to suggest others did too.

Hanbury street, in backyard.
                            Berner street, inside an entranceway to a yard.

Mitre square, used as a thoroughfare during daytime, but probably not so at that time of the night, although it has been speculated it was used by prostitutes and clients. the two police beats covering the square and surrounds may suggest that there was some nocturnal activety, but that is speculation only.

Miller court of course inside.

It could be argued it is the only site where a member of the general public would be likely to find a body at that time of day.

For the other sites, one would need to have a very specific reason to visit, certainly with Berner street, Hanbury street and Millers court.

Mitre square is a little bit more complicated given it had nightwatchmen on the square and regular police visits, and was possibly used by others too.

however it is unlikely a casual member of the public would use it.

That’s the only thing I can think of to answer that question.

s

Thanks Steve. But the reason Lechmere found Nichols - and not anyone else - was that Buck´s Row was the murder site closest to Lechmere´s home in Doveton Street.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;398092]

QUOTE=Pierre;398083

Thanks Steve. But the reason Lechmere found Nichols - and not anyone else - was that Buck´s Row was the murder site closest to Lechmere´s home in Doveton Street.

Regards, Pierre

And of course, if the probability is equally high for Lechmere being "found with" the body in all the five cases, it is 20 percent for every case.

But when you know his home address you understand that the probability was much higher for Lechmere to be "found with" Polly Nichols than any of the other victims - if he was to be "found with" one single victim. And probability was right!
                              Last edited by Pierre; 10-28-2016, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;398092]

QUOTE=Pierre;398083

Regards, Pierre

Pierre

OK that is certainly true, of course the same would have applied to Paul, if he had arrived first.

I was not interpreting your question the way you intended, which was I now see was to ask why he may have found only her, rather than the general positioning of the bodies on his way to work. My mistake.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X