Was he lying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
    The crux of it is no one in the history of serial killing has done those things, let alone those things twice if you count Hanbury Street within a week or so. Complete and utter bollocks I'm afraid...
    Yeah, we know. As has been declared over and over again. Maybe, don't start another Lechmere thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

Thanks for the laugh.

I suppose one of the gang could peddle stopwatches and maps from a stand in Frank Dobson Square as a lucrative side hustle....

I don't know how Ed does it, but I was surprised to see that if one punches "Doveton Street" into Google Maps there's an icon showing the former home of one Charles Allen Lechmere.

What the actual flip.

I suppose the hapless carman will have his own blue plaque someday!

Click image for larger version Name:	Doveton.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.4 KB ID:	836700
      Hi RJ,

That reminds me of the geneological website, wikitree. On the pages of historically important people, there is a small rectangle that says "____ is a notable". According to Lechmere's wikitree page, he's a notable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

Yeah, we know. As has been declared over and over again. Maybe, don't start another Lechmere thread?
        What you talking about Willis? (This is a Lechmere thread..)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewis C View Post
          That reminds me of the geneological website, wikitree. On the pages of historically important people, there is a small rectangle that says "____ is a notable". According to Lechmere's wikitree page, he's a notable.
          A notable what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

Hi RJ,

Technically it is also a noun, but if they are using it as such, and haven't simply misplaced the rather important word "suspect" or something similar... well, to paraphrase Inigo Montoya, "That word they are using... I do not think it means what they think it means..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Did you “Tell Sid” that you weren’t happy with it Caz?
              Ha ha! You bet I did, Herlock. I got out of that place, nicknamed Colditz, after a year of hell.

My job was to dictate responses to customer queries, which would go to the typing pool and be checked - and often 'corrected' - by a supervisor who had terrible grammar, spelling and punctuation skills, so my letter would end up a mess. Hell on earth.

Love,

Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post

Ha ha! You bet I did, Herlock. I got out of that place, nicknamed Colditz, after a year of hell.

My job was to dictate responses to customer queries, which would go to the typing pool and be checked - and often 'corrected' - by a supervisor who had terrible grammar, spelling and punctuation skills, so my letter would end up a mess. Hell on earth.

Love,

Caz
                X
                I won’t bore you to death with the full story Caz but I think I could tell you a tale about British Gas that took incompetence and ineptitude to previously unscaled peaks. It was to do with electricity vouchers awarded to my mum to help with fuel costs. They kept sending them in my Dad’s name and as he’d died 4 years previously she was unable to redeem them. It went on for 8 months with them sending her voucher after voucher in my Dad’s name and me making 16 phone calls in total. As you would no doubt assume, I was a model of patience and diplomacy. When it was finally sorted they again apologised profusely and sent her a compensatory cheque for £80….in my Dad’s name!!!
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I won’t bore you to death with the full story Caz but I think I could tell you a tale about British Gas that took incompetence and ineptitude to previously unscaled peaks. It was to do with electricity vouchers awarded to my mum to help with fuel costs. They kept sending them in my Dad’s name and as he’d died 4 years previously she was unable to redeem them. It went on for 8 months with them sending her voucher after voucher in my Dad’s name and me making 16 phone calls in total. As you would no doubt assume, I was a model of patience and diplomacy. When it was finally sorted they again apologised profusely and sent her a compensatory cheque for £80….in my Dad’s name!!!
                  Don't want to derail this thread, but since this happened yesterday... my good Lady's phone performed some form of seppuku, and she got on the laptop and ordered an emergency replacement. No human interaction was possible because... she didn't have a phone so had to contend with the "Interactive Chat Assistant"
                  When everything was sorted and the phone was ordered the ICA aoounced that she would need a specially generated personal code to give to the delivery agent when they brought the phone, "The Code has been sent as a text message to your phone."

Now my phone has a new OS and all the naughty words I had told the Spell Checker to ignore and let me use have been reset... as the result of emergency transplant surgery in order for her to get one bloody text message.

Comment

• Originally posted by A P Tomlinson View Post

Technically it is also a noun, but if they are using it as such, and haven't simply misplaced the rather important word "suspect" or something similar... well, to paraphrase Inigo Montoya, "That word they are using... I do not think it means what they think it means..."
                    They're using it as a noun. I've spent quite a bit of time on that site, and usually they call someone a "notable" if they have at least some historical importance, such as a governor of a state, or a major musical artist, or a Hall of Fame athlete. Calling Lechmere a "notable" is the oddest use of that label that I've ever seen on that site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

What you talking about Willis? (This is a Lechmere thread..)
                      I know it is. I was wondering what your preoccupation was with Lechmere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

I know it is. I was wondering what your preoccupation was with Lechmere.
                        I explained this in a thread where I'd been away from the forums for a long time due to X, Y and Z but on my return the largest number of posts appear to be about Lechmere so I thought I'd start there. Obviously I'm still rather stuck there due to the volume of posts and I'm rather curious that such a huge 'industry' has been made out of a man that basically found a body on his way to work. It's rather intriguing to say the least. The more I read and understand the more I'm shocked that folk still peddle this bloke as a serious candidate with such vigour and after so many years when basically there is nothing on him. All the reasons for him being Jack have been debunked numerous times.

Comment

Working...
                        X