Why Cross Was Almost Certainly Innocent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Is there a thread where Dusty posted this image ..."

The original was done for the, "C.S.I. Whitechapel" book. Jaakko Luukanen did the graphics. I added the figures (with permission) for my article in Rip.
    dustymiller
    aka drstrange

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy Goose View Post
      Hello Fiver,

Is Lechmere discussed at JTR Forums?
      Do those two posters ever discuss anything besides Lechmere?
      "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Thanks Fiver, but you answered my question with a question.

You stated the "two persons" being Ed & Christer are banned from JTR Forums and I asked if Lechmere is discussed on that site.

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
        I can of course give you the latest info on that.
        We have not had a Lechmere post is sometime. ...

Steve
        Okay thanks Steve.

Thoughts anyone on why everyone comes here to discuss Lechmere?

Because the "two persons" aren't posting here either. Yet we're up to twenty eight thousand posts under Suspects/Lechmere.

And counting.

Comment

• Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
          "Is there a thread where Dusty posted this image ..."

The original was done for the, "C.S.I. Whitechapel" book. Jaakko Luukanen did the graphics. I added the figures (with permission) for my article in Rip.
          Thanks for the info, Dusty!
          "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
          Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
            The Name Thing - Did Cross use a false name instead of his birth name Lechmere? The short and only answer is of course no. He used his step-fathers name. Researchers like David Barrat have dealt with this in serious detail and yet it keeps getting mentioned as if it’s a sign of evil intent. It’s the turd that just won’t flush away. Calling himself Fred Smith of Bethnal Green would have been suspicious behaviour. Charles Cross? No. The only question has to be - would a guilty man have gained any advantage in regard to this murder from calling himself Charles Allen Cross of 22 Doveton Street instead of Charles Allen Lechmere of 22 Doveton Street? This is about as clear a no brainer as can be. It’s amazing that it still gets promoted as a point in favour of guilt. I’m afraid that, like the ‘gap’ its entirely indicative of the desperation of the attempt to fit up this clearly innocent man.
            Was thinking about this from a slightly different angle... let's have some role play..

Mrs L - How was your day at work darling?
            CL - Work was fine but on the way to work I found a murdered woman in Bucks Row. I flagged down another man, we checked and she was dead so went to get a copper to help out. We were both late for work so hurried on.
            Mrs L - Oh Dear that is tragic. One of those gangs no doubt.
            CL - Not sure but the bloke I stopped went and blabbed to the papers and I'm not sure what to do now. It might look bad whatever I do, I was just late to work and she was dead I did what I could. I can't afford to lose my job, how would I support you and the kids?
            Mrs L - Well maybe if it's going to be in the paper and you could be identified it's best you go to the inquest before they come looking for you, the man could identify you no doubt.
            CL - Good idea, but then I will have to give my name and the newspapers will report it and the killer might find out where we live and come looking for us or the children.
            Mrs L - Very true Chassy boy. Why don't you tell them where you work, how long you have worked there and use the name you are known there by, that should throw the killer off the scent if he reads about it in the papers.
            CL - So give my step father's name and Pickfords, after all I used his name 'Cross' when I was a kid and signed up for them.
            Mrs L - Great idea, you have done the right thing, you did what you could for the poor lady and by giving that name the Police can still find you if needs be but your kids and I should be a lot safer from this fiend.
            CL - Excellent. I'll not walk to work next week past Hanbury Street just in case, got a bad feeling about that street...

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

Was thinking about this from a slightly different angle... let's have some role play..

CL - Work was fine but on the way to work I found a murdered woman in Bucks Row. I flagged down another man, we checked and she was dead so went to get a copper to help out. We were both late for work so hurried on.
              CL - Not sure but the bloke I stopped went and blabbed to the papers and I'm not sure what to do now. It might look bad whatever I do, I was just late to work and she was dead I did what I could. I can't afford to lose my job, how would I support you and the kids?
              Mrs L - Well maybe…

or… an alternate version:

Mrs L -​ Well i think losing your job should be the least of your worries right now, your priority should be telling the authorities your story so that noone gets any ideas that you were the one who murdered her
              there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                Mrs L -​ Well I think losing your job should be the least of your worries right now, your priority should be telling the authorities your story so that no one gets any ideas that you were the one who murdered her
                Suspecting Charlie boy as a multiple murderer, what a silly idea, who would even think that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

Mrs L - Well maybe if it's going to be in the paper and you could be identified it's best you go to the inquest before they come looking for you, the man could identify you no doubt.
                  CL - Good idea, but then I will have to give my name and the newspapers will report it and the killer might find out where we live and come looking for us or the children.
                  Mrs L - Very true Chassy boy. Why don't you tell them where you work, how long you have worked there and use the name you are known there by, that should throw the killer off the scent if he reads about it in the papers.
                  CL - So give my step father's name and Pickfords, after all I used his name 'Cross' when I was a kid and signed up for them.
                  Mrs L - Great idea, you have done the right thing, you did what you could for the poor lady and by giving that name the Police can still find you if needs be but your kids and I should be a lot safer from this fiend.
                  CL - Excellent. I'll not walk to work next week past Hanbury Street just in case, got a bad feeling about that street...
                  Interesting hypothetical, but I don't think he was trying to hide his identity from anyone.

At the Inquest, he gave his name as Charles Allen Cross. There were dozen of Charles Crosses. Most of them didn't have the middle name of Allen.

He had to give his home address to the Inquest. He had the right to ask for his home address to not be given publicly - there are several examples. Instead, he chose to publicly give his home address of 22 Doveton Street.
                  "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Interesting hypothetical, but I don't think he was trying to hide his identity from anyone.

At the Inquest, he gave his name as Charles Allen Cross. There were dozen of Charles Crosses. Most of them didn't have the middle name of Allen.

He had to give his home address to the Inquest. He had the right to ask for his home address to not be given publicly - there are several examples. Instead, he chose to publicly give his home address of 22 Doveton Street.
                    I do not think he was trying to hide anything either. It's obvious he was known as Cross at Pickfords so gave that name to 'avoid' confusion. He might have even given both, we have no way of knowing. More than likely he was known to all his friends and family as Cross but just Lechmere on official records. Maybe he used Cross as a nickname, who knows.

I do wonder though if the papers had reported it as Charles Allan Lechmere we would be having these threads today? It does seem to be the starting point, well him near the body was the starting point but the name thing seems to be the first rung on the ladder for him being a suspect. I'm sure if the name was not the issue he would not be considered. Which kind of proves how weak the theory is.

It really boils my pee when I see all these videos (not just HoL) and comments stating 'he lied to Police etc about his name, so he must be guilty.' It's amazing how many sheep latch onto that and do not a) understand it, or b) challenge it. They just accept it because the 'internet' told them so. Mindless sheep.

Comment

Working...
                    X