• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks Fishman, see above
    J
    “be just and fear not”

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil H View Post
      Lechmere was, of course, at all times accompanied by Vincent van Gogh, Walter Sickert and MJ Druitt and followed in a carriage by Sir William Gull.

You know Lechmere, I'm beginning to think you actually believe all this over-detailed speculation you spout.
      nah
      I wouldn't put Lech in the same company as those ridiculous "suspects" (except possibly Druitt). Lech is in the same boat as a possible suspect like Barnett- just possibly the ripper but more than likely just a witness.
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenni Shelden View Post
        Thanks Ed,
        but, and Im really not having a go, if he killed MAN on route to work at 4am, that is inconsistent with the supposed times of deaths of the others, eg 5.30 for Chapman, 1pm for Stride or etc. Did he work shifts?

Jenni
        Jenni, Stride was killed on a Saturday night - he did not work at all that night. And Stride was killed on Berner Street, which was Lechmere´s old home grounds - he had lived for many years there, in James Street, Mary Ann Street etcetera. We speculate that he may have payed his mother visits on the weekends - perhaps especialy since a daughter of his was staying with his mother. His mother lived on 147 Cable Street, to which Berner Street was a thoroughfare from the Doveton Street direction. He may thus have visited his mother and daughter, and after leaving her, he may have killed Stride and gone on to kill Eddowes. And the route leading to Mitre Square from Berner Street would have been his old working trek from James Street to Pickfords.

Chapman may actually have been killed before 4 o clock too - Phillips´estimation pointed in that direction. Long and Cadosch may have been wrong, and Richardson was all over the place when testifying.

So, Jenni, some of the murders were along his working trek - Tabram, Nichols, Chapman, Kelly - whereas the remaining two can be coupled to his old quarters, where his mother still stayed with his daughter.

How big would you say that the chance was that the only two murders that took place on a Saturday and earlier than the others, were the exact two ones relating to his old quarters? The four victims that were killed along his work route were all killed on working days in the early mornings, whereas the victims killed in his old home ground, were killed on a Saturday, at a time corresponding quite well with visiting his mother, and then leaving, perhaps nippiong in on a local pub for some time before heading out again.

If Stride had been killed on a weekday at 3.30, it would break the pattern. If Chapman had been killed at 1 AM on a Saturday, it would break the pattern. If Kelly was killed at 1 AM on a Saturday, it would break the pattern. If Eddowes had been killed at 3.30 on a weekday, it would break the pattern.

Instead, they ALL fit in. The four victims alongside the working trek are all killed in the early morning hours on working days, the two relating to the double event are both killed much earlier, on a Saturday night.

Think statistics. Think consequence.

The best,
        Fisherman
        Last edited by Fisherman; 09-17-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Well, I too can think of a few reasons why I a guilty man might give the wrong name :

If he wanted to buy enough time to do a bunk, and never be heard of again. This doesn't apply to Cross.

If he had a previous, serious conviction under his usual name, and didn't want to alert the police to it. If this applies to Cross, it will have to be substantiated.

If he had an unconscious desire to be caught. This doesn't fit Cross's personality as so far painted.

I've run out of suggestions but I'll keep pondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            Jenni, Stride was killed on a Saturday night - he did not work at all that night. And Stride was killed on Berner Street, which was Lechmere´s old home grounds - he had lived for many years there, in James Street, Mary Ann Street etcetera. We speculate that he may have payed his mother visits on the weekends - perhaps especialy since a daughter of his was staying with his mother. His mother lived on 147 Cable Street, to which Berner Street was a thoroughfare from the Doveton Street direction. He may thus have visited his mother and daughter, and after leaving her, he may have killed Stride and gone on to kill Eddowes. And the route leading to Mitre Square from Berner Street would have been his old working trek from James Street to Pickfords.

Chapman may actually have been killed before 4 o clock too - Phillips´estimation pointed in that direction. Long and Cadosch may have been wrong, and Richardson was all over the place when testifying.

So, Jenni, some of the murders were along his working trek - Tabram, Nichols, Chapman, Kelly - whereas the remaining two can be coupled to his old quarters, where his mother still stayed with his daughter.

How big would you say that the chance was that the only two murders that took place on a Saturday and earlier than the others, were the exact two ones relating to his old quarters?

Exactly, Jenni. Exactly.

The best,
            Fisherman
            Very interesting fish.
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
              Well, I too can think of a few reasons why I a guilty man might give the wrong name :

If he wanted to buy enough time to do a bunk, and never be heard of again. This doesn't apply to Cross.

If he had a previous, serious conviction under his usual name, and didn't want to alert the police to it. If this applies to Cross, it will have to be substantiated.

If he had an unconscious desire to be caught. This doesn't fit Cross's personality as so far painted.

I've run out of suggestions but I'll keep pondering.
              You do that, Robert. Meanwhile, I will tell you that I think suggestion number two is an interesting one. It may be that the name Lechmere was coupled to some sort of criminal activity; a sexual assault, a threat, something like that. Such a thing may have made him reluctant to name it, for fear of having it recognized by a servant of the law. But I am not speaking conviction, since we should have found such a thing. I am more thinking allegations, known to the police but never substantiated and legally followed through.

The best,
              Fisherman

Comment

• Robert
                Through your breakfast and smoking party proposals you have already soundly established that you ain’t much cop at getting into the mind of a serial killer.

Comment

• Hi Fish,
                  interesting. Thanks,
                  Jenni
                  “be just and fear not”

Comment

Hi Fish,
                    interesting. Thanks,
                    Jenni
                    I´d go as far as to say telling. Or revealing, even. Given the very small numbers of men that were on the streets at these hours (the streets adjoining Buck´s Row were virtually empty, as witnessed by the PC:s and watchmen around it, and corroborated by Lechmere himself who said he met noone in the first twenty minutes of his trek; Paul was the first man he saw that morning), and given the amazing correlation between working trek and murder spots, I think we must narrow the number of potential passers-by travelling these exact streets and times down to a quite small number.

All the best,
                    Fisherman

Comment

• Really, such as how many people, in what time frame?

Also there is nothing to say JtR was following a logical pattern or was employed etc
                      “be just and fear not”

Comment

• I don't know where the 'I' in 'I a guilty man' came from. But I have been suffering from blackouts lately and once woke up with corn flakes on my shirt.

Yes I think if you find an allegation of violent assault against Cross, that will strengthen the theory.

Comment

Really, such as how many people, in what time frame?

Also there is nothing to say JtR was following a logical pattern or was employed etc
                          Very few people - that is apparent. Exactly how few, we can´t tell.

As for JtR, he may of course have been following no logical pattern at all, and he may have been unemployed. But if he was not Lechmere, chances are that he performed his killings as Lechmere passed by, time after time.

To think; the coincidence!

... then again, I bet JtR WAS employed. Since twenty odd years back.

All the best,
                          Fisherman
                          Last edited by Fisherman; 09-17-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                            I don't know where the 'I' in 'I a guilty man' came from.
                            Freud ...?

The best,
                            Fisherman

Comment

• Kellogg's.

Comment

• ...followed by a bit of old shag and a good hearty cough.

Comment

Working...
                                X