Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    [B]
    The same goes for how Goulston Street lies between Mitre Square and Doveton Street. Fact.
    I'm at a loss to understand how this is relevant to Lechmere, unless you're arguing that he killed Eddowes and fled the scene as the crow flies. But if you look at a line drawn (roughly) between Mitre Square, the Goulston Street Graffito and Doveton Street, it cuts through many buildings and streets, which may not have any significance to Lechmere's address.

Comment

• When I wrote my original post I was going to take each one of Fisherman's "facts" and spoof apply them to Paul, but then I realized I'd actually have to do research to fit him in on some of the more stupid and random one's like "Lechmere's mother lived near a murder site" and the one above Scott Nelson pointed out. I mean obviously that "line evidence" is such a ridiculous stretch, I can't even comprehend it as being a serious proffer, but I was going to have fun with these:

The same goes for how Lechmere refused to help prop Nichols up. Fact.
      Exactly! Paul is clearly the killer, who had circled around and back when he heard Lechmere coming and then wanted to see if Lechmere recognized him or had seen anything, and also an alibi as to why he had blood on his clothes, how CLEVER that Lechmere didn't fall for this ruse!

The same goes for how Paul said that he was sure that he felt a movement in the chest of Nichols as he touched it. Fact.
      Here we have confirmed evidence of Paul being a complete lech, (not Lechmere) because what was he doing feeling up the tits of an unconscious woman? Pervert!

Apologies, to Mr. Paul, obviously I do not mean this, I just wanted to provide evidence of how literally everything in that list was just ridiculously stupid and could easily apply to framing Paul.

I mean it was clearly Paul who wanted to insist she was alive, and went off without including Lechmere, do we even know if he would have alerted the police if Lechmere hadn't followed him?

Paul did it I tell you. Not enough scrutiny has been given to him. ​

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• It can’t be Paul he didn’t use a different name at the inquest.
        But possibly just possibly the murders occurred on his route to work, his mother lived near by.

Comment

• Lechmere kills Nichols , gives his statement to the police at an offical inquest , goes on to to kill 4 more women, stops killing after Kelly [ive made comment before on how a man could do what he did to that women and stop and live a pretty much normal existence, Really ?] lives he life for another 32 years, has 12 kids, no Police officials suspect him at the time, never even think to check his alibi on other kill nights, his wife never comes forward to say he wasnt with me or he was with me on the murder nights . But somehow people have this guys as their JtR ? . Into the very very , unlikly basket with you Mr Charles Lechmere. IMO
          'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• A short answer to Ally is all that is needed.

Ally once more tries to sweep her being wrong under the carpet in various ways. An example is how Ally, after having been corrected about how Gary Barnett does NOT think the name issue points to Lechmere being a killer, does not choose to say "Okay, so I was wrong". Or "Sorry, I was wrong".

No, she instead writes that Gary should have argued "more consistently" that he thinks that Lechmere was trying to protect the family name! When all the while, the whole problem was always that Ally took an uninformed stance that she could have avoided by reading up. Gary has been tremendeously clear and tremendeously consistent about this throughout, and has left a very long and very clear trail about it. There is post after post about it on these very boards. The post of his that Ally quoted has already been shown to be quite in line with that argument, and does not say in any shape or form that Gary thinks that Lechmere hid his real name on account of being the killer. I am perfactly happy to show how that works again, if need be.

Ally also writes "And... none of those facts mean diddly squat" about the many facts I added to what she herself claimed were the ONLY two facts in the accusation act against Lechmere.

The problem is, Ally, that you should have been, well, clearer if that was what you meant, because that was NOT what you wrote. You wrote that there are two (2) facts only involved. And you donīt think they mean diddly squat either, remember?
            Whether or not you like the facts I listed is neither here nor there, they remain facts just the same. And most people with some insight into criminal activities are aware that for example disagreeing with the police is a VERY serious matter.
            Not you, though.

Lastly, you seem to say that yours is a noble cause and you are a true heroine (more or less) while I am "defending the name of a bigot". Wrong again.

What I am defending is the right to argue the Lechmere case without people trying to infer that one of the other proponents political background would somehow lessen the value of said theory.

So you are wrong on every score, like it or not.

As Gary Barnett pointed out in an earlier post: We now know who you are.

And now I can give it a new try to leave this very sad exchange. Wish me luck.
            Last edited by Fisherman; 10-25-2022, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

I'm at a loss to understand how this is relevant to Lechmere, unless you're arguing that he killed Eddowes and fled the scene as the crow flies. But if you look at a line drawn (roughly) between Mitre Square, the Goulston Street Graffito and Doveton Street, it cuts through many buildings and streets, which may not have any significance to Lechmere's address.
              The police will very likely have pondered the location of the rag as being potentially indicative of the direction in which the killer fled, Scott. And that direction is in line with Lechmere being their man.
              The fact that another rag was found on the exact route between the Pinchin Street railway arch and Doveton Street does nothing to dissolve the possibility that the Goulston Street rag was a genuine clue. Once we look at the rags in combination with each other, the argument is not a bad one at all.

Of course, we all have different takes on the degree to which the many facts I listed to Ally lend themselves to pointing a finger at Lechmere. Some of them are weaker, some stronger indications, and not all will rank them the same way in this respect.

The important thing to remember is that we should never isolate them and try and dismiss them one by one, becasue that exercise is far too simple. We must look at them all in combination and ask ourselves whether or not an innocent man is likely to amass such a mountain of pointers to guilt. And that is where Scobie becomes very succinct when he chooses not to say "He must have been guilty", but instead "a jury would not like him".

Anyways, it is no as if we can say that the correlation between Mitre Square, the rag in Goulston Street, and Doveton Street is not there. It IS a fact, and since Ally claimed that there were two facts only involved in the Lechmere case, it belonged to the correction that needed to be made.

Comment

Anyways, it is no as if we can say that the correlation between Mitre Square, the rag in Goulston Street, and Doveton Street is not there.
                We can say it (i.e. the correlation) isn't there because correlation implies some statistical analysis has taken place and produced a statistically significant result. That is not the case. The word you want is coincidence. Coincidence, nothing more, and not a very sinister one, I wouldn't even give it an off white flag.

Comment

• Why are we assuming the killer continued eastwards after Goulston Street? If the killer had made a beeline in this direction, the apron rag would've been found sooner, but according to the beat cops it wasn't there. How do we know the killer didn't duck into a hideout near Goulston Street before he reappeared to deposit the apron/graffito and headed in a different direction?

Assuming of course he did carry on east, there's a wide radius of houses in that direction. Lechmere's just happens to be one of them.

Comment

A short answer to Ally is all that is needed.​
                    It's cute what Fisherman considers to be a short answer.

Ally once more tries to sweep her being wrong under the carpet in various ways. An example is how Ally, after having been corrected about how Gary Barnett does NOT think the name issue points to Lechmere being a killer, does not choose to say "Okay, so I was wrong". Or "Sorry, I was wrong".​
                    No, Ally doesn't. Fisherman fails to prove her wrong, ergo, the criteria for the admission of wrongdoing weren't met. Kind of like with Lechmere as a candidate. Some guy DECIDING they were a wrong 'un, doesn't make it so, without actual evidence. It's such a difficult concept for these gents to comprehend.

When all the while, the whole problem was always that Ally took an uninformed stance that she could have avoided by reading up. Gary has been tremendeously clear and tremendeously consistent about this throughout, and has left a very long and very clear trail about it.
                    Nope. He hasn't. But it's good that you keep running his errands for him. Let me guess, he's too embarrassed by his meltdown to come back like an actual grown adult and defend himself?

The problem is, Ally, that you should have been, well, clearer if that was what you meant, because that was NOT what you wrote. You wrote that there are two (2) facts only involved. And you donīt think they mean diddly squat either, remember?
                    Okay fine. I'll be clearer. In fact, I was. In my last response. But I understand zealotry gets in the way of reason and since you and the brethren appear to be suffering from a surplus of the former and a significant deficit of the latter. I'll be more clear. There are lots of facts in the world. England is a monarchy, the streets were dirty, living was hard for many of those in the East End. All of those are irrelevant to Charles Cross' candidacy as Jack the Ripper. Just like all the facts you laid out are irrelevant to Charles Cross being Jack the Ripper. The only two facts, that could in anyway be used to Charles Cross, and Charles Cross specifically are: He found the body, and he used a family name instead of a legal name.

Have I broken it down enough that even you can take it onboard now? Somehow, I have doubts. Because of course, you didn't answer any of the points raised in any of my post. You never do. I suspect you never will. It's the hallmark of zealots, to answer a question that wasn't asked, when backed into a corner and circle around endlessly and endlessly, convincing only themselves of their unerring righteousness.

Whether or not you like the facts I listed is neither here nor there, they remain facts just the same. And most people with some insight into criminal activities are aware that for example disagreeing with the police is a VERY serious matter.
                    Not you, though.
                    ROFLMAO.. My father was a cop, for forty years in one of the worst areas of the country, trust me when I say that cops aren't perfect and they misconstrue and they also lie. So people who think that "disagreeing with a cop" is a serious matter, only think so if they believe cops are always truthful, never wrong, and perfect human beings. In short, the only people who think "disagreeing with the police" is a very serious matter, are morons. Cops are wrong often. Just check many cop's sworn testimony against body camera footage, and then come back and make the argument that nobody should disagree with a cop's version of events. You guys are legitimately living in your own really idiotic world.

Lastly, you seem to say that yours is a noble cause and you are a true heroine (more or less) while I am "defending the name of a bigot". Wrong again.
                    This is in fact EXACTLY What you are doing, otherwise you'd call him Butler, like you call Cross, Lechmere. I mean, you know what his legal name is. You know what he goes by socially isn't his actual name, and yet, you afford a racist more respect than you afford an innocent witness to a crime.

What I am defending is the right to argue the Lechmere case without people trying to infer that one of the other proponents political background would somehow lessen the value of said theory.
                    No, you are defending your boy and have done so, repeatedly and complimented him too. I'd throw up in my mouth before I knowingly complimented a Nazi. I guess you guys would be fine with Andy Spallek being allowed on the boards too, wouldn't you? Because of course, the only thing that matters is the research. Not basic morality.

But it's fine. You think research in an unimportant historical event is more important than ethics. Everybody has to come down on one side or the other on that one. It's good to know where you and Gary stand.

As Gary Barnett pointed out in an earlier post: We now know who you are.

If you only NOW know who I am, this just proves how very poor researchers you are. It's not like I've hidden it, at all. Unlike you know... your boy Butler.

And now I can give it a new try to leave this very sad exchange. Wish me luck.
                    Well, the good news is the world is a big wide open place, and you can go off with the rest of the Brethren and create your own little "safe space" where you guys won't be challenged by facts and dissenting opinions or get called out on your lack of morality. I hear safe spaces are all the rage these days.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• Just to derail the incoming, "So now you claim Mizen is a wrong cop" argument, completely ignoring I also said cops can just be wrong or misconstrue, I present this scenario:

Cross: Hey, a policeman's needed in Buck's row, there's a woman lying on the ground, I think she's dead.

Mizen: He said a policeman needed me in Buck's row.

Neither lied. One said a statement, the other slightly misconstrued what he heard, because when he arrived, there was in fact a policeman there.

No actual wrongdoing on Mizen's part, merely a verbal miscommunication which happens no doubt millions of times a day.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

[B]And in the same breath, you are heroically putting a tin helmet on your head and climbing onto the highest horse you can find to do battle on people on account of them entertaining political ideas that you find despicable? /B]
                        So you are mocking Ally for finding racism and fascism despicable?

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

So, Ally, what you are prepared to accept as established facts is that:
                          Your list of facts ignores facts that contradict your theory. It also includes facts that contradict your theory, facts that are irrelevant, and claims that are not facts at all. All of which has been pointed out to you repeatedly.

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                          A: Lechmere found the body of Polly Nichols, and…
                          Fact: Robert Paul did not observe any blood on Charles Lechmere's hands or clothing.

Fact: PC Mizen did not observe any blood on Charles Lechmere's hands or clothing.

B: Lechmere used an alias at the inquest.
                          Fact: Lechmere used his stepfather's surname at the inquest.

Fact: Lechmere had used his stepfather's surname at a previous inquest in 1876.

Fact: Lechmere gave his middle name at the 1888 inquest.

Fact: Lechmere gave the name of his employer and their address at the 1888 inquest.​

Fact: Lechmere gave his home address at the 1888 inquest.​

But it is also on record that Charles Lechmere disagreed with the police about what he said on the murder morning.
                          Fact: Robert Paul disagreed with PC Mizen about what he said to the police on that morning.

Fact: Robert Paul's time estimates disagree with the time estimates of PC Mizen, PC Neil, and PC Thain.

Fact: Charles Lechmere's time estimates agree with the time estimates of PC Mizen, PC Neil, and PC Thain.

The same goes for how Lechmere passed through Bucks Row and Spitalfields every working day morning. Fact.
                          Fact: Robert Paul passed through Bucks Row every working day morning.

Fact: The police observed other men in the area of Bucks Row on the morning of the murder.

Fact: The police testified that it would have been easy Nichols killer to escape the murder site undetected>

Fact: Hundreds, possibly thousands, of men passed through Spitalfields every working morning.

The same goes for how his mother lived in 1 Mary Ann Street, very close by Berner Street. Fact.
                          Fact: Hundreds of people lived, or had relatives that lived, or attended clubs, or went to pubs, or walked though the area near the Stride murder.

The same goes for how Stride and Eddowes were both murdered on a Sunday morning. Fact.
                          Fact: Stride was murdered between 12:45am and 1am.

Fact: Eddowes was murdered between 1:35am and 1:40am.

Fact: For Lechmere to be the killer he would have had get up 3 hours early on his only day off a week or he would have had to stay up for 23 hours straight.

The same goes for how Lechmere refused to help prop Nichols up. Fact.
                          Fact: Propping up Nichols would have provided an innocent explanation for any blood on Lechmere's hands or clothes.

The same goes for how Paul said that he was sure that he felt a movement in the chest of Nichols as he touched it. Fact.
                          This if a fact, but it has no possible bearing on Lechmere's guilt or innocence.

The same goes for how Mizen said that the wound in the neck was ”still bleeding” as he observed it. Fact.
                          Fact: Alice Mackenzie's body bled for 22 minutes after it was found.

The same goes for how Goulston Street lies between Mitre Square and Doveton Street. Fact.
                          Fact: Ghoulston street lies between Mitre square and over one hundred other streets

The same goes for how the building site of the new church up at London Hospital lies between the Pinchin Stret railway arch and Doveton Street. Fact.
                          Fact: None of the period police thought the Pinchoin Street Torso was a Ripper victim.

Fact: The Pinchin Street Torso was deposited between 4:55am and 5:25am.

Fact: Charles Lechmere began work at 4am.

Fact: A piece of bloody garment was found a couple blocks to the west a few hours after the Pinchin Street Torso was deposited.

Fact: There is no evidence that the bloody garment piece found the next day in that church building site had anything to do with the Pinchin Street Torso.

Fact: The church construction site lies between the Pinchin Street railway arch and over one hundred other streets.

The same goes for how Chapman, Kelly and Liz Jackson all had their abdominal walls cut away in large panes. Fact.
                          This if a fact, but it has no possible bearing on Lechmere's guilt or innocence.

The same goes for how the wounds to Nicholsī abdomen were covered up buy her clothing. Fact.
                          Fact: Robert Paul testified that he pulled down Nichols' dress.

[QUOTE=Fisherman;n797823]So when you say that the only facts there are , are the finding and the name swop, you are wrong. There are heaps of facts that taken together lend themselves quite well to form a cogent theory about Lechmere as the killer. [/quote}

None of these facts support your theory that Charles Lechmere was the Ripper and the Torso Killer.

It is only when I reason that for example the fact that Lechmere disagreed with the police over what was said is likely indicative of guilt that it becomes opining.
                          You "reason" that Lechmere disagreeing with PC Mizen is evidence of guilt, but you do not apply the same "reasoning" to Robert Paul disagreeing with PC Mizen.

It's hardly the only inconsistency in your reasoning and and far from the first time the inconsistencies in your reasoning have been noted.
                          "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Sorry, Fiver, but you are going to have to digest another post by my hand. Blame it on Ally, who missed a golden opportunity not to respond to my last post.
                            There is no reason to blame Ally for you choosing to return (again) after saying you were leaving forever (again) to try to reinflate your burst soap bubble of a theory (again).

It was your choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Your list of facts ignores facts that contradict your theory. It also includes facts that contradict your theory, facts that are irrelevant, and claims that are not facts at all. All of which has been pointed out to you repeatedly.

The same goes for how Chapman, Kelly and Liz Jackson all had their abdominal walls cut away in large panes. Fact.

This one actually baffled me when I first read it. I mean most of the nonsensical facts I could at least see where they were trying to go, though of course, the arguments were still ridiculously specious, but this one? . How in the actual hell does how their abdomens were cut provide evidence against Charles Lechmere? "He once said he was fond of gazing through window panes, and their flesh was cut away like panes, ergo - GUILTY!!" I mean, I wouldn't put it past it to be something that ludicrous considering what's been offered so far.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• There’s a lot of wriggling going on. My point was simply that Ed’s politics do not necessarily invalidate his research or the conclusions he draws from them. Just as they don’t those of Chris Scott.

I’ve been banging on for ages about my theory as to why CAL may have called himself Cross at the inquest. I suspect it had more to do with his mother than it did Polly Nichols. That said, when someone emphatically states that the use of the name Cross could not have concealed his identity as the murderer, the stupidity of that statement has to be challenged.

And finally - dear Ally is apparently baffled by Christer’s reference to the similarity between the injuries to Chapman and Jackson. The relevance, of course, as pretty much anyone who has paid attention to the debate must surely know, is that Christer believes the two series - Ripper and Torso - were by the same hand, so similarities between them support his theory. No panes of glass, I’m afraid, Ally. That really was a silly idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X