Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the possibility of Lechmere interrupting the ripper so often discarded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
    The Lechmere theory of him being Jack the Ripper has been Done to Death , indeed its time to move on, and even if possible have his name scrubbed from the list of suspects here on Casebook .

CLUE... He lived another 32 years [after Kellys Death], had 12 friken kids!!! and was a cart driver will no known skill in removing organs in less than 7 minutes in the dark at Mitre Square . Not to mention what he supposedly did to Mary Kelly in Millers Court, after that nothing, not a peep out of him for 32 year .Then he dies . !!!! Surely people can work out why he wasnt Jack from that? .

He Discovered Nicols dead body , big deal , someone had too.
    Living a normal life, by appearances, is hardly disculpatory for a serial killer; neither is being discovered next to a dead body:
    that fact makes police curious about how your morning went. Its also a myth that serial killers can not stop,
    although many here claim that Lech continued killing people.

Maybe you should just insist on those points harder.

The only points you make that are of interest are the differing opinions on the degree of surgical skills Jack possessed.
    He knew how to handle a knife, that's for damn sure.

And you are free to move on to whatever thread you like: no one is holding you here

Last edited by Newbie; 05-23-2022, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbie View Post

Living a normal life, by appearances, is hardly disculpatory for a serial killer; neither is being discovered next to a dead body:
      that fact makes police curious about how your morning went. Its also a myth that serial killers can not stop,

The only points you make that are of interest are the differing opinions on the degree of surgical skills Jack possessed.

And you are free to move on to whatever thread you like: no one is holding you here
      Exactly the Police of the time would have been curious about how Lechmere's morning went. And would have looked into him.

Comment

• Getting back to Jack and the acoustic properties of Buck's row.

Buck's row, being a narrow street with a continuum of concrete buildings aligning it from Brady street to the murder scene,
        should have had fantastical acoustic properties which amplified sounds well. PC Neil heard footsteps on Brady street while he
        was focused on examining Polly Nichols body.

In amplifying sounds, it would have been harder to estimate the distances away of their source; so, someone who had just entered Buck's row
        would have given the listener the sense that they were much closer than in actuality, making flight an even less inviting option and bluff more appropriate.

Since Jack did not dig into the body for organs, the amount of blood he would have exposed himself to would have been minimal.

Comment

There just one problem , theres not one single shred of evidence that points to Lech killing anyone !!

So what basis are they claiming that he did?. You have to come up with something a bit better than ,'' Oh i think he did it ''. Were talking about jack the ripper dont for forget .

So hand on heart question , Do you think if Lech was the killer, that after Mary Kelly he would have just stopped killing in that same fashion ? Given the uniquieness of that perticular killing. Seems extremley unlikely wouldnt you say [ perhaps you dont].

Did the police think, or is there anything at all from a Police Official Document that suggest Lech was the killer . ????

I move freely from thread to thread thanks, no ones holding me anywhere. I like it here . But Thanks just he same.
          'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

We went over this before.
            Lech's address was published in only one newspaper, or have you discovered more?
            In every other newspaper account, Lech's address & that of one other individual out of a dozen or so witnesses, was conspicuously absent.

Either every newspaper correspondent, save one, failed to pick up on Lech's address in court after it was announced;
            or one curious newspaper correspondent went to the police to get the address.

Which do you think is more likely?
            Hi Newbie,

Regardless of which option is the more likely, neither imply that Charles actively withheld is address from anyone, which is the apparently all incriminating act. His address was published.

David Barrat gave some comparable examples of the inconsistent nature of inquest reporting in his "Big Coroner's Inquiry Inquiry" article which can be found on his site. Some papers print some details, others print others.

Lechmere's candidacy as a suspect needs to founded on far more solid arguments than the unfounded claim that he willfully withheld his address or the fact that he attended the inquest in his apron.
            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

In amplifying sounds, it would have been harder to estimate the distances away of their source; so, someone who had just entered Buck's row
              would have given the listener the sense that they were much closer than in actuality, making flight an even less inviting option and bluff more appropriate
              More nonsense. There is no one alive today who can accurately comment on the acoustic properties or even exact lighting conditions in Bucks Row on an early morning in 1888. You've just cobbled this together to explain why Lechmere the killer doesn't leg it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Hi Newbie,

Regardless of which option is the more likely, neither imply that Charles actively withheld is address from anyone, which is the apparently all incriminating act. His address was published.

David Barrat gave some comparable examples of the inconsistent nature of inquest reporting in his "Big Coroner's Inquiry Inquiry" article which can be found on his site. Some papers print some details, others print others.

Lechmere's candidacy as a suspect needs to founded on far more solid arguments than the unfounded claim that he willfully withheld his address or the fact that he attended the inquest in his apron.
                agree al
                i find these arguments by the lechmerians a little silly.

on the other hand i find the he couldnt have been the ripper because he lived a normal family man life idea worse than silly.

Comment

• Did any newspaper print Thomas Ede’s address?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

agree al
                    i find these arguments by the lechmerians a little silly.

on the other hand i find the he couldnt have been the ripper because he lived a normal family man life idea worse than silly.

Hi Abby

Frankly I find the whole Lechmere theory silly. All it boils down to is a man finding a body. The rest is just bull ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Hi Abby

Frankly I find the whole Lechmere theory silly. All it boils down to is a man finding a body. The rest is just bull ****.
                      A brutal but fair assessment I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

A brutal but fair assessment I think
                        hi wulf and wheat
                        simply calling a "whole theory" about a valid suspect bull**** , isnt fair, its not even an assessment. and far from brutal its rather lame. So Im afraid your both wrong! : )

and please keep in mind i think Bury makes a slightly better suspect, so dont be to hard on me lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hi wulf and wheat
                          simply calling a "whole theory" about a valid suspect bull**** , isnt fair, its not even an assessment. and far from brutal its rather lame. So Im afraid your both wrong! : )

and please keep in mind i think Bury makes a slightly better suspect, so dont be to hard on me lol.
                          But Lechmere is not a valid suspect unless someone comes up with something better than he found a body and used a name that could very easily be traced back to him though.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

But Lechmere is not a valid suspect unless someone comes up with something better than he found a body and used a name that could very easily be traced back to him though.
                            Isn’t the point about the name that he didn’t use a name that would have been more appropriate for him to have used? Apart from the inquests into two violent deaths, every other document that carried his name had it as Lechmere.

And as for his having knife skills, it’s a fact that his family were involved in horse butchery from at least 1891. That he carried horse meat on his cart is a distinct possibility. Lots of it came into Broad Street from the provinces. His son certainly transported it a few years later. His mother and oldest daughter ran a horse flesh shop and the family continued in that line until WWII.

Comment

• I’ve just realised that there’s a Mulshaw connection to the Pinchin Street area too, although too late to have any significance. Another inconsequential geographical coincidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                                Apart from the inquests into two violent deaths, every other document that carried his name had it as Lechmere.
                                It is becoming something of a habit for advocates of the Lechmere theory to leave off the 1861 Census when making these statements.

Is that fair play?

Here is Lechmere, as a youth, being referred to as Charles Cross in the 1861 Census, while living with his "stepfather," Thomas Cross. If Lechmere's deposition can be believed, he also joined Pickford & Co. during his stepfather's lifetime--which could well be relevant.

The 1861 census was taken on 7 April--a Sunday night--so there is every reason to believe the family would have been home. The adults could have called him "Lechmere" if that is the name he used.

There are many examples of stepparents that did give the child's birthname in the census.

The "Cross" family did not.

Does that not count for anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X