Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the possibility of Lechmere interrupting the ripper so often discarded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
    Or just as unlikely if you consider after kellys murder he lived another 32 years . Just sayin.
    most undetected serial killers go on to live many years after there last kill. the last proven one, the golden state killer went on to live another forty years at least.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

most undetected serial killers go on to live many years after there last kill. the last proven one, the golden state killer went on to live another forty years at least.
      I believe he had a split personality . Whom he blamed for the killings and crimes up to the time he stopped. So if he didnt believe he was responsible up to that point, his words were " i went on to live a normal life". . We can't say for certain if lechmere did the same.
      'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

I believe he had a split personality . Whom he blamed for the killings and crimes up to the time he stopped. So if he didnt believe he was responsible up to that point, his words were " i went on to live a normal life". . We can't say for certain if lechmere did the same.
        Ridiculous. There is zero evidence Lechmere killed anyone let alone had a split personality.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Ridiculous. There is zero evidence Lechmere killed anyone let alone had a split personality.
          Hi John ,i wasnt suggesting that at all ,i was referring to the golden state killer as having the split personality. And that lechmere, if one wanted to use that excuse to say why he didn't kill after mary kelly, that they would have to prove that as the same as the gsk to make a point ,as abby alluded too. Hope that clears that up . I am of the opinion lechmere was NOT jack the ripper ,for what its worth. .
          'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Hi John ,i wasnt suggesting that at all ,i was referring to the golden state killer as having the split personality. And that lechmere, if one wanted to use that excuse to say why he didn't kill after mary kelly, that they would have to prove that as the same as the gsk to make a point ,as abby alluded too. Hope that clears that up . I am of the opinion lechmere was NOT jack the ripper ,for what its worth. .
            Oh right fair enough Fishy.

Comment

Yeah, it’s not like he used two names or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                Paul was walking down bucks row and sees a man near the freshly killed body of polly nichols. no one saw anyone running away. based on the evidence alone, lech is the most likely killer of nichols.
                Correct, Abby. Based on the evidence that Paul sees Lechmere standing where he did and that no one saw or heard anyone running or even walking away, Lechmere remains in the frame for being her killer. Beyond that evidence, it's anybody's guess/interpretation.

"You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

You've got to give them credit for imagination:
                  • Split personalty
                  • Nefarious tea break (Chapman)
                  • Near fatal illness (October 1888)
                  • Road closures/changed start time/day off for Lord Mayor's Show
                  I'm sure there are more but I can't be bothered looking. I reckon he actually had a doppelganger like Cream who rode the cart while he was off on his killing spree

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankO View Post
                    Correct, Abby. Based on the evidence that Paul sees Lechmere standing where he did and that no one saw or heard anyone running or even walking away, Lechmere remains in the frame for being her killer. Beyond that evidence, it's anybody's guess/interpretation.
                    hi frank
                    thanks. all the other victims we have various sightings of potential suspects. none with polly. i do find that a bit odd.
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

You've got to give them credit for imagination:
                      • Split personalty
                      • Nefarious tea break (Chapman)
                      • Near fatal illness (October 1888)
                      • Road closures/changed start time/day off for Lord Mayor's Show
                      I'm sure there are more but I can't be bothered looking. I reckon he actually had a doppelganger like Cream who rode the cart while he was off on his killing spree
                      So who is claiming he had a split personality, is
                      that something I missed?
                      Last edited by MrBarnett; 02-13-2022, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• >>So who is claiming he had a split personality, is
                        that something I missed?<<

What an odd thing to write when it was you, who implied it!

Post #471
                        Originally posted by John Wheat -Ridiculous. There is zero evidence Lechmere killed anyone let alone had a split personality.

Mr Barnett - Yeah, it’s not like he used two names or anything.
                        dustymiller
                        aka drstrange

Comment

• Three questions about Lechmere finding the body;

Why did he stay, why did he seek out a policeman and given the chance to alibi himself, why did he say he didn't see or hear anyone?

If he's innocent, these questions need no answers. If he's guilty, explanations need to be manufactured.
                          dustymiller
                          aka drstrange

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

Yeah, it’s not like he used two names or anything.
                            So what either name is so easily traceable it is a non issue.

Comment

• Stop saying he was "near" the "freshly killed body"! The evidence as to how "fresh" the corpse was is conflicting. And he wasn't found knelt beside the body wiping his knife. Certain Film footage to the contrary...
                              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                              ---------------
                              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                              ---------------

Comment

• He was reported to be the nearest in the street to the body of a woman, who according to one report that most Lechmerites put a great deal of weight in, was long dead.

In fact, just how far away from the body he was and how long Mrs Nichols had been dead at the time is unknown by any of us.

Sadly, we live in a world where spin is everything.
                                dustymiller
                                aka drstrange

Comment

Working...
                                X