Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the possibility of Lechmere interrupting the ripper so often discarded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Hypothetically speaking....We have a man who had killed a woman by cutting her throat in Cornwall in 1896. We know that he visited London in 1891 but we have no evidence that he visited at any other time. The murder wasn’t of a prostitute though and it took place in a house with other people present. There was no attempt at mutilation. There was a perfectly good train service though so he could easily have got to London though. Then someone that knew our man claims that he’d told him that he’d fantasised about killing and mutilating women. This man doesn’t bother reporting it to the police he just goes straight to the Press for publicity. No one can corroborate this though as no one else was present when it allegedly took place.

Would the police consider this man a good suspect? Or even a suspect at all?

Id go for the latter. Our second man would be shelved with the cranks that surface when a murder occurs.
    I don’ t think they would consider him a suspect, but they would certainly recognize that there would be a public demand to have him looked into. Otherwise, I agree with everything you say, Herlock.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

I think you have mislead Griffiths.
    Fine. All you have to do then is to prove it, because that is how it works. Put up or shut up is the street term for it, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    For your information Feigenbaum can be placed in London as late as 1891 on a merchant Ship from the same merchant shipping line that had ships in London on the dates of the murders.=Case Closed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hypothetically speaking....We have a man who had killed a woman by cutting her throat in Cornwall in 1896. We know that he visited London in 1891 but we have no evidence that he visited at any other time. The murder wasn’t of a prostitute though and it took place in a house with other people present. There was no attempt at mutilation. There was a perfectly good train service though so he could easily have got to London though. Then someone that knew our man claims that he’d told him that he’d fantasised about killing and mutilating women. This man doesn’t bother reporting it to the police he just goes straight to the Press for publicity. No one can corroborate this though as no one else was present when it allegedly took place.

Would the police consider this man a good suspect? Or even a suspect at all?

Id go for the latter. Our second man would be shelved with the cranks that surface when a murder occurs.

Leave a comment:

• John Wheat
    replied
    Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Trevor does not even understand my stance, John. He firmly believes that I am of the meaning that the Victorian police suspected Lechmere. Why would I put any trust at all in somebody who very clearly demonstrates that he does not understand what I have been saying for a decade now? Any suggestions on that one, John?

Besides, how would the views an ordinary murder squad member who has invested in another suspect than Lechmere trump the views of a murder squad leader with a 96 per cent clearing rate and with an academic title, and who is NOT himself entrenched in the case, least of all by way of favoring a suspect?

Do you think that Trevors stance does in any way rule out Andy Griffiths? How would that work? Tell us, please!

As I told you, your own suspect is discarded by many and laughed at by some. That is how it goes. What this does not mean is that you are disallowed to promote Bury out here. And as far as I am concerned, I do not laugh at it, although I do rule Bury out. He is nevertheless one of very few suspects that has a little something going for him, whereas most do not.

That is how I feel I must reason; there must be some respect for the facts. We must be able to promote any suspect we honestly believe in, and that is what I am doing in Lechmeres case. But you would prefer to run him off the boards.
    Why is that, John? Could you explain why he, out of all suspects, do not belong to the discussion? A man we know was at a murder site at a remove in time where a nearly decapitated victim would go on to bleed for many minutes, a man we know had a working trek route that would have taken him right by or close to the murder sites unelss he avoided the closest routes, a man who disagreed with the police about what he had said and done on the murder night?

To make such a man an unlikely killer, evidence as to WHY this would be so must be produced. And ”I think he would have run” is an opinion, not evidence and much less so a fact.

Your misgivings really don’ t amount to much, do they? Once they are looked into, they seem to be led on more by a personal grudge than by any genuine interest in the case. Correct me if I am wrong, please.
    I think you have mislead Griffiths.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Sutcliffe did not find any of the bodies did he? nor did put himself at the crime scenes. It is not unusual in murder investigations for witnesses to be re interviewed.

Witnesses? Sutcliffe was no witness. The fact of the matter is that the police failed to nail him, it is that simple. A policeman who pointed out to his superiors that Sutcliffe was a dead ringer for the sketch drawn from information from a REAL witness was told that he would find himself handling traffic issues if he didn’ t back down! That was the quality of the Yorkshire Ripper taskforce work. The police had all the reasons in the world to apprehend him, but they failed to do so. And the reason is that they were crappy, there are no two ways about it. The police ARE crappy at times, and the Victorian police was muck less equipped in terms of psychology and technique than the hamfisted Sutcliffe force.
    So don’ t give me the ”different story” crap, the Yorkshire Ripper case was the largest murder case in Britain, ant it failed miserably.

Just for clarification purposes and to explain to you why Sutcliife was interveiwed that many times it was because with each murder that took place a seperate incident room was set up. In those days there were no computers and so any information coming into each incident room was enterered onto a card indexing system making it difficult for each incident room to know what information was on each index system.

Do you think the Victorian police were better or less equipped, Trevor...?

For your information Feigenbaum can be placed in London as late as 1891 on a merchant Ship from the same merchant shipping line that had ships in London on the dates of the murders.=Case Closed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
    ”As late as”? You are aware that is TOO late, are you not? The Ripper murders occurred three years BEFORE that, at a remove in time when you cannot put Feigenbaum in Calais, can you?
    As a contrast, I can put Lechmere in Britain in 1888.
    In London, even.
    In the East End.
    In Whitechapel.
    In Buck’ s Row.
    At around 3.45 on the morning og August the 31st.

Each to his own.

This really isn’ t going your way, is it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X