No announcement yet.

Viability of Charles Cross as the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross is not remotely viable as the Ripper. There is zero evidence whatsoever that he was the Ripper. This crusade to finger a clearly innocent man is tiresome, annoying and in bad taste.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
      Cross is not remotely viable as the Ripper. There is zero evidence whatsoever that he was the Ripper. This crusade to finger a clearly innocent man is tiresome, annoying and in bad taste.
      I agree.

The same could be said for Maybrick and Kosminski

RD
      "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
        Bump up for this great thread.

Post #2 is a revelation

RD
        Yes, post #2 is an excellent post by Fisherman.

Comment

I agree.

The same could be said for Maybrick and Kosminski

RD
          I agree on Maybrick. With Kosminski, we do have Macnaughton mentioning him as a suspect in his memorandum and Swanson saying that Anderson's suspect was Kosminski. I think that's enough to make Kosminski a viable suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

I agree on Maybrick. With Kosminski, we do have Macnaughton mentioning him as a suspect in his memorandum and Swanson saying that Anderson's suspect was Kosminski. I think that's enough to make Kosminski a viable suspect.
            Although it could be said the memorandum is a load of posthumously written codswallop and it was a poor attempt to try and save face and make it look like the police knew a lot more than they actually did.

And the "Kosminski" referred to by Swanson has no reference to a first name, and so Anderson's suspect could have been another Kosminski entirely.

There were other Kosminski individuals aside from Aaron.

IMO authentic suspects should have included the likes of Chapman, Kelly, Le Grand, Bachert, Bury,. Morganstern, Sullivan, Donnelley, Silverman, Gehringer, Hanslope, Kidney, Barnett,Thompson, Goldstein, Schwartz, Lave, Hutchinson, and several members of the WVC... etc...etc...

But of course, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We are now left with Lechmere, Maybrick and the wrong Kosminski

How far we've come

RD
            "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

Yes, post #2 is an excellent post by Fisherman.
              One of two that makes much sense here

Hey I do not mind people changing their minds on suspects etc, I've said this before but surely since the reasons he claims Cross was NOT the killer have stayed the same there is something else going on here.

Comment

Although it could be said the memorandum is a load of posthumously written codswallop and it was a poor attempt to try and save face and make it look like the police knew a lot more than they actually did.

And the "Kosminski" referred to by Swanson has no reference to a first name, and so Anderson's suspect could have been another Kosminski entirely.

There were other Kosminski individuals aside from Aaron.

IMO authentic suspects should have included the likes of Chapman, Kelly, Le Grand, Bachert, Bury,. Morganstern, Sullivan, Donnelley, Silverman, Gehringer, Hanslope, Kidney, Barnett,Thompson, Goldstein, Schwartz, Lave, Hutchinson, and several members of the WVC... etc...etc...

But of course, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We are now left with Lechmere, Maybrick and the wrong Kosminski

How far we've come

RD
                Yes, but in my last post and the one of yours that I was responding to, neither of us said Aaron. If Anderson's suspect was a different Kosminski, Kosminski would still be a suspect.

Where you said "Memorandum" above", maybe you meant "marginalia". The latter seems to fit better with the rest of what you say. With both the memorandum and the marginalia, one can debate how much weight they should be given, but to fully reject the suspects mentioned in them, one would have to be pretty sure that those writings are baseless, and I don't see how anyone could objectively do that.

Comment

Working...
                X