Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Hi Albie
    Good question and one that I put forth too-as I have major problem with a body part keeper doing this on his way to work.

I believe Fish has stated that he could have kept them in a location at work-secreted away somewhere or in a private locker.

What about the smell or leakage I said?

perhaps in a jar said fish. possible I guess.
    Damn!

I saw this thread highlighted and I thought that Pierre had returned from the wilderness?

I know that you miss him Abby
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• And to compound my error I’ve just responded to a post that Abby made last year.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Ive just been reading some of these posts as ive been off for a few years so im catching up. Im on page 18 right now. I just had a couple of thoughts regarding Chapman's body and Richardson not seeing the body. If what Dr Phillip's said was true and her body had been there for hours, would her body not have attracted flies by now? If so I would find it impossible for Richardson not to at least have heard the flies, or had some even annoyingly flying round him. If there had of been, then there would have been no way he wouldn't have made some kind of effort in trying to find out where the flies were coming from. Another thought, one that can still support the killer being Lechmere being the killer while allowing Richardson to not have seen a body, is that his job is meant to be a meat deliverer at Pickfords? I pesume that's what his job was. Well, if thats the case then he did not need to kill on the way to work thus making himself late, but instead killing while he was meant to be working, as his job involved him being out and about while also wearing an apron and having blood on himself. Also If I remember correctly, 29 Hanbury street apparently had a shop window, or used to, where they would have been selling catmeat. Would pickfords have been able to deliver this kind of meat to 29 Hanbury street?
        Last edited by hill806; 04-26-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• If the body of Chapman had in fact only been there recently, then that would have removed the possibility of there being flies swarming. Im not an expert on flies and how long they take to be attracted to a dead body or anything I just wanted to throw up fresh idea's, unless it was already mentioned after page 18 of course. Also, another reason she may have been as cold as she was when Phillips examined her could have been due to her not finding another client for most of that night after being kicked out of her lodgings for having her doss money. She may have had to sleep rough most of that night in the cold.
          Last edited by hill806; 04-26-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• "NOT" having her doss money I meant sorry.

Comment

• It’s also worth remembering that as the murders progressed not one single police officer said “what about that bloke that found the first body? Let’s have another look at him.” They suspected all manner of people. They interviewed many. But the man that found a body and was alone with it raised no level of suspicion. Not conclusive in itself of course but worth noting.totally agree .... for the first time . one thing tho, id say its more than conclusive, so a bonus point.
              'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• >> It’s also worth remembering that as the murders progressed not one single police officer said “what about that bloke that found the first body?<<

As far as the police at the time were concerned, Mrs Nichols wasn't "the first body". Macnaghton didn't come up with his theory until six years after the murders he named.
                dustymiller
                aka drstrange

Comment

• Hello hill806,

Flies die off in the cold. Their eggs hatch in the warm weather. Given the temperature that morning, you would not expect flies. Interesting thought though.

With regards to Lechmere being a meat deliverer, there is no evidence to suggest that. It seems the dubious notion came about from some false claims in a TV show.

Even if he did deliver meat, Pickford carts carried per-slaughtered carcasses wrapped in linen and contained in baskets, which were loaded by railway porters, not the drivers. Drivers would not have bloody aprons.

If Lechmere killed whist he was working then somebody would have seen the Pickfords cart outside number 29. Theft was very common from the carts so leaving a cart unattended was a major no-no. Also, as a long term employee, he may have driven the larger carts (which paid higher wages), these carts were manned by two people.

Cats meat sellers bought their meat from the slaughter houses. Pickfords would not have delivered such small consignments of meat, catsmeat was essentially the off cuts and fag ends.

As Phillips observed, the major nature of the mutilations would have been a factor in the rapid cooling of the body. Contrary to CSI shows, time of death is still a very difficult and inexact science, in the Victorian era it was little more than guesswork.
                  dustymiller
                  aka drstrange

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    although I agree most criminals in the situation would take off, I can see being caught in the act someone trying to bluff it out. Ive seen it-literally experienced it.
                    Meh.
                    Seen Abby Normal on YouTube,you're not that bad
                    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Please ignore.

Misread post.

Monty
                      Last edited by Monty; 10-18-2019, 05:29 AM.
                      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                        Please ignore.

Misread post.

Monty
                        Is this post on the wrong thread Monty?
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Please ignore the above post. And the one above that. And this one.
                          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

Meh.
                            Seen Abby Normal on YouTube,you're not that bad
                            not me they suck and they stole the band name from my band I played with in jr high!

Comment

• Thought you musta had a sex change or sumfin'

Someone was seeking that thread.
                              Thought it might be a novel way of re posting.

Thanks again for being a good sport.
                              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                                Thought you musta had a sex change or sumfin'

Someone was seeking that thread.
                                Thought it might be a novel way of re posting.

Thanks again for being a good sport.
                                nope. always been a dude. Abby Normal was the name of my band as a kid-from the mel brooks movie. and besides the name Abby can be a dude!

Comment

Working...
                                X