Lechmere was Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I said that these were approximations. The door in your drawing looked around 45 degrees. Ok 65 degrees then. It’s amazing that you react to a small thing like this as if I’d insulted your wife in some way. Why the exaggerated outrage?

How can you say that it’s not the most likely thing for a man to open a door and sit on the step not to sit centrally and facing forward! It’s normal. It’s what 99% of the worlds population would do.

Stop nit-picking.
    Why the outrage? What outrage? I am simply disliking it when somebody says "Fish has a crammed and unbelieveable position for Richardson, it is only 45 degrees!", when I in fact have a very uncontroiversial and uncrammed position on his behalf.

You see, misleading about something such tends to lead me to deduct that you are not honest in your approach and that you are trying to present the readers of the thread with material that is less than flattering for me. if I had not been aware of your kind, gentle and noble disposition (as opposed to my agenda-driven deviousness and evil aims), I might even have spoken of deception, actually.

Here is the position again. Please tell me what is so "outrageous" (I like that word) and unexpected about it. To me, it is a very logical position, with the door resting against him and in a position favouring taking a look at the padlock. Where, oh where, do I offend logical thinking? Pray tell me!

PS.I´d be interested to have shared with me the research that says that 99 per cent of the worlds population will open a door ninety degrees and sit in a straight position. It sunds decidely fascinating - I never knew anybody researched it in the first place. Oh, and does it take into account people who have the sole interest of checking a padlock to their extreme right? Maybe not?
    You see , Richardson was not there to rest himself - he was there to check the padlock.
    On the cellar door.
    To his extreme right.
    When you do that, you generally do not take up a position that is in conflict with that aim.

Capisce?
    Last edited by Fisherman; 08-31-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      Here is the position again. Please tell me what is so "outrageous" (I like that word) and unexpected about it. To me, it is a very logical position, with the door resting against him and in a position favouring taking a look at the padlock.

https://ibb.co/kQFX2p
      A logical position? That's not "sitting on the step"... it's "hiding behind the door".

Oh, and Chapman wasn't a midget, either.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        A logical position? That's not "sitting on the step"... it's "hiding behind the door".

Nor did she have to be - as you can see from ny draing, she could have been twelve feert tall and still she would have remained undetected.

How is the position I have not sitting on the step? It is exactly what he is doing. And how do yo prevent the door from swinging back?

You are reaching now. And into an empty void. It is ever so easy to disclose it - thank you, Gareth!

Comment

• Time now to refresh the knowledge we have about John Richardson and what he said on various occasions.

Interestingly, the Times has this picture in their report from the inquest:

The back door was closed when he got to it. He stood on the steps and cut a piece of leather from off one of his boots.

Confusion? Mmmm. But why? What did he say at the inquest, really?

And here is what Chandler had to say about him, also in the Times, covering the inquest, the day after Richardson had testified:

Witness saw young John Richardson a little before 7 o´clock in the passage of the house. He told witness he had been to the house about a quarter to 5 that morning, that he went to the back door and looked down the cellar to see that all was right. He then went away to his work in the market.... Richardson told witness that he did not go down the steps, and did not mention the fact that he sat down on the steps and cut his boots.

Clearly a stellar witness, young John. How did he manage to sit on a step he had not gone down?

As you can all see (good one, eh? Hahaha!), Richardson appears anything but reliable. And this should be added to the drawing business - he may never even have sat on the stairs.

And please - PLEASE - don´t say that I cooked this up to implicate Lechmere. I really and genuinely never have to help him along in that respect.

Comment

No, it is no agenda at all - the angle IS much more than 45 degrees. An honest approach honours the one who uses it. A dishonest one, however...
            You see Fish, most people reading this would have been following the thread, and I’m completely aware of that fact. And so how could I hope to ‘deceive’ anyone when the facts are here.

So what I did was that I made an error. I recalled your drawing and felt that the door was at an angle of about 45 degrees. I didn’t recall that you’d mentioned the figure 65 degrees. I should have checked back but I didn’t. I did say in my post however that the figures that I used were approximations.

In a post of mine I thought that you might have misrepresented what I’d said. I however gave you the benefit of saying that you might have just misunderstood me....but not you. Immediately into victim mode. Immediately with an accusation. This is why debating with you always descends to this.

What I can say though is that, yes people can read over the thread and they can see that I conducted my part of the debate politely and respectfully. The first insults came from you when I wouldn’t concede and say that you are correct in your assertions. Again!
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Nor did she have to be - as you can see from ny draing, she could have been twelve feert tall and still she would have remained undetected.

How is the position I have not sitting on the step? It is exactly what he is doing. And how do yo prevent the door from swinging back?

You are reaching now. And into an empty void. It is ever so easy to disclose it - thank you, Gareth!
                You mean your drawing that’s so accurate that it can’t misrepresent the facts as I do of course.

It doesn’t matter that you have Annie’s head 6 inches from the wall when it was a whole foot and a half further down! Or that you have Annie tucked up like a mummy when her knees were raised and facing outwards.

When you do something like that it’s an understandable error by a fair minded person and yet when I inadvertently use 45 degrees instead of 65 degrees because I forgot that you’d actually quoted an angle then I’m a liar! Fair as ever Fish
                Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 08-31-2018, 12:02 PM.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

By pushing it back as per the photographs which show it staying open
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• I would also genuinely ask what evidence leads you to suspect that Richardson was either a liar or a moron?
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

You see Fish, most people reading this would have been following the thread, and I’m completely aware of that fact. And so how could I hope to ‘deceive’ anyone when the facts are here.

So what I did was that I made an error. I recalled your drawing and felt that the door was at an angle of about 45 degrees. I didn’t recall that you’d mentioned the figure 65 degrees. I should have checked back but I didn’t. I did say in my post however that the figures that I used were approximations.

In a post of mine I thought that you might have misrepresented what I’d said. I however gave you the benefit of saying that you might have just misunderstood me....but not you. Immediately into victim mode. Immediately with an accusation. This is why debating with you always descends to this.

What I can say though is that, yes people can read over the thread and they can see that I conducted my part of the debate politely and respectfully. The first insults came from you when I wouldn’t concede and say that you are correct in your assertions. Again!
                      Poor you! You have my sympathy!!

By the way, have you asked yourself WHY you perceived the angle I used as 45 degrees? You have read Freud, perchance?

Comment

You mean your drawing that’s so accurate that it can’t misrepresent the facts as I do of course.

It doesn’t matter that you have Annie’s head 6 inches from the wall when it was a whole foot and a half further down! Or that you have Annie tucked up like a mummy when her knees were raised and facing outwards.

When you do something like that it’s an understandable error by a fair minded person and yet when I inadvertently use 45 degrees instead of 65 degrees because I forgot that you’d actually quoted an angle then I’m a liar! Fair as ever Fish
                        I never checked the measures and had forgotten that they existed, Herlock. But since it did not matter at all - when I moved her out and had her legs knees out, she was STILL obscured by the door, and easily so - I have a question for you:

What is the problem?
                        Last edited by Fisherman; 08-31-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

By pushing it back as per the photographs which show it staying open
                          The photographs were not taken on the murder morning, Herlock. On the murder morning, John Richardson said that he did not have to close the door since it closed itself. And that means that it was NOT pushed back.

So we have a choice: Do we choose to think the door was pushed open, which is in conflict with the recorded evidence, or do we accept that it was in the process of closing itself, hindered only by Richardsons person?

We both think it is an easy call.

But we have different reasons to do so.

Comment

I would also genuinely ask what evidence leads you to suspect that Richardson was either a liar or a moron?
                            And I would genuinely ask where I have said so. And OF COURSE you are able to tell me that!

No?

NO???

Herlock, really!

Comment

• Four posts of yours, none of them of any use. Time, perhaps, to take a break?

Goodnight, Herlock. Sleep soundly.

Comment

Poor you! You have my sympathy!!

By the way, have you asked yourself WHY you perceived the angle I used as 45 degrees? You have read Freud, perchance?
                                You remind me of a footballer Fish.

One who takes a dive to claim a penalty then imagines that no one else has seen it
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X