Kosminski and Victim DNA Match on Shawl - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post
    Are you sure they're not rejection slips?
    Or possibly writs from those mentioned on Mr Marriott's acknowledgment pages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
      I once knew a man who married a radiographer, and I didn't know what she saw in him.
      My mate married a science teacher it didn't last the chemistry just wasn't right anyway she was cross eyed and as a result she was sacked because she couldn't control her pupils.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Anyway back to the serious stuff as the odds of eddowes been in possession of the shawl when she was butcherd seem to be astronomical let's work on the theory that Kosminski took it with him to the murder scenes so as a result he would have the d.n.a of the other victims on the shawl so why not test the shawl for this and we will have a genuine case and case closed as Mr Edwards tells us.
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Hello Hercule,

If one questions the 'finite' comment an author makes, such as in the present scenario of Mr Edwards' 'case closed', and upon that questioning it becomes abundantly clear that 'case closed' is not at all applicable, then by weight of reason one will naturally ask who (for like almost everyone who has written an historical book) has been of help to said author and to what extent.
          Simply because in this case, the original story from the ONLY descendant ever interviewed who met Amos Simpson, has not only been changed but expanded upon and even added to by the author. There isnt a mention of Kosminski in her statement I believe. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

So exactly who said what and/or helped Mr Edwards to reach this certainty and introduce Kosminski and NO OTHER SUSPECT is of great import imho. Why? Well to this naive soul, it is simple.

When a major worldwide-promoted-theory is such a certainty, then shown again and again to be the total opposite upon examination of the words of the book and the authors own words afterwards, one asks quite naturally, who aided Mr Edwards in the making of the book that falsely claims such a certainty. One looks to the book to find the answer.

Therefore imho I personally find it most disturbing when the comments and the manner of the comments coming from the Met Police Crime Museum in the book are along the lines of "We have known it was Kosminski for ages and have the evidence but Joe Public isn't allowed in here to see it."

Now just who is prromoting what here? And- a better question perhaps imho, is why?

Does THAT opinion could cause inuendo? (if one wants to push the depths of forming reason)

Regards

Phil
          Last edited by Phil Carter; 10-02-2014, 12:45 PM.
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
          Accountability? ....

Comment

• A researcher is employed to provide information for a writer. The interpretation and presentation of this information is entirely the responsibility of the writer.
            If a climate is created where researchers are held responsible for the conclusions of a writer, well then a lot of important work is not going to get done any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB
              I believe Russell Edwards acknowledged me because he made use of my books.
              To keep the shawl from rolling off file cabinets when there wasn't a flower pot handy?

He must have used only your older books since Bennett's not acknowledged.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                To keep the shawl from rolling off file cabinets when there wasn't a flower pot handy?

He must have used only your older books since Bennett's not acknowledged.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                I doubt it. My books were evidently in use, hence the acknowledgement. Perhaps it was yours that served as a replacement flower pot. John is acknowledged. So too are Keith, Stewart and Don.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                  Hello Hercule,

If one questions the 'finite' comment an author makes, such as in the present scenario of Mr Edwards' 'case closed', and upon that questioning it becomes abundantly clear that 'case closed' is not at all applicable, then by weight of reason one will naturally ask who (for like almost everyone who has written an historical book) has been of help to said author and to what extent.
                  Simply because in this case, the original story from the ONLY descendant ever interviewed who met Amos Simpson, has not only been changed but expanded upon and even added to by the author. There isnt a mention of Kosminski in her statement I believe. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

So exactly who said what and/or helped Mr Edwards to reach this certainty and introduce Kosminski and NO OTHER SUSPECT is of great import imho. Why? Well to this naive soul, it is simple.

When a major worldwide-promoted-theory is such a certainty, then shown again and again to be the total opposite upon examination of the words of the book and the authors own words afterwards, one asks quite naturally, who aided Mr Edwards in the making of the book that falsely claims such a certainty. One looks to the book to find the answer.

Therefore imho I personally find it most disturbing when the comments and the manner of the comments coming from the Met Police Crime Museum in the book are along the lines of "We have known it was Kosminski for ages and have the evidence but Joe Public isn't allowed in here to see it."

Now just who is prromoting what here? And- a better question perhaps imho, is why?

Does THAT opinion could cause inuendo? (if one wants to push the depths of forming reason)

Regards

Phil

Asking questions was not the issue I was bringing up. If someone affirms he's found the definitive answer to the Ripper murders with the kind of loose evidence such as RE's book offers, questions must be asked and it involves serious debates. It's the subtle undertones many have coated their response with which worries me. Now don't ask me to give examples to prove what I'm saying, it's rather obvious.

What matters to me is addressing the problems found in the evidence presented and the impacts it creates and not who created them or why. I may be naive or silly in thinking this way but it's who I am. Facts first, theories and speculations after.

On the other hand I'm still impressed by the extent of the knowledge shared by the majority of the participants in this topic.

Respectfully,
                  Hercule Poirot

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                    Perhaps it was yours that served as a replacement flower pot.
                    Not likely. Copies of my book sell out too quickly at his store to be of any practical use.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                      Or possibly writs from those mentioned on Mr Marriott's acknowledgment pages.
                      Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                      Hello Hercule,

Regards

Phil
                      So what this verbiage boils down to is that you suspect that somebody is promoting something you haven't specified and doing so for reasons you're like explained.

Thus speaks a conspiracy theorist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

If you didn't meet him, or talk to him, why has he given you an acknowledgment?
                        Trevor,

Far be it for me to defend Paul, since he's obviously very capable to of doing it himself, but I'm going to.

RE says:
                        I initially wish to thank the experts and historians whose passion for the Ripper story gave me the grounding and information that helped me gain my first true understanding of the mystery. They are Paul Begg, Martin Fido, Stewart Evans and Donald Rumbelow.

Now that says to me, that these blokes provided the basis for his Ripper knowledge. That is, he read their books.

The people who gave him specific assistance are mentioned later. This is a perfectly normal way of doing things.

And that is about the only defence I can give RE's book which I don't have a real high regard for.
                        Mick Reed

Whatever happened to scepticism?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post

If the reports about the way the Crime Museum is promoting Kosminski are true, then all I can say is that they need a few real museum curators and historians in there.
                          Mick Reed

Comment

• Transferred for thread 'A Problem with the Eddowes Shawl DNA

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Observer

“A Juror: Do you search persons who are brought in for drunkenness? - No, but we take from them anything that might be dangerous. I loosened the things round the deceased's neck, and I then saw a white wrapper and a red silk handkerchief”

A white wrapper. Wrappers, in general, were loose fitting dresses, and were used such as a robe today. Some had draw strings placed in them to be fitted with a corset. Now I doubt whether Hutt, saw a wrapper when he loosened the things around the deceaseds neck, it’s my guess he saw a wrap, or stole. No such garment is listed in the inventory of Kate Eddowes belongings. And if that garment is missing from the inventory, the “shawl” could also have been overlooked.
                            Hey Obs

Hutt used slightly different words at the inquest than those of the inventory.

At the inquest he found a red handkerchief on the neck. The inventory refers to a piece of red silk on the neck.

At the inquest he refers to a white wrapper. The inventory refers to a large white handkerchief. Could this be the wrapper? After all according to Hutt, Kate wore a red handkerchief around her neck.

The inventory also refers to a white chemise defined by the SOED as:

A garment for the upper body ; esp. a woman's loose - fitting undergarment or dress hanging straight from the shoulders .

A wrapper is also defined as:

A shawl, cloak, etc., for wrapping round the shoulders or head.
                            A loose outer garment, esp. for informal indoor wear or for use in household work; esp. a woman's loose gown or negligee.

There are two other issues I reckon:

1. We all assume that Eddowes wore the clothing the way we would wear it. She was very poor. Maybe she wrapped the chemise around her neck as a scarf. We've no idea.

2. According to Edwards, Kosminski brought the shawl to Mitre Square. Are we to assume that he had time to dress Eddowes as well as kill her - all in about 5 minutes?
                            Mick Reed

Comment

• From Observer

A white wrapper. Wrappers, in general, were loose fitting dresses, and were used such as a robe today. Some had draw strings placed in them to be fitted with a corset. Now I doubt whether Hutt, saw a wrapper when he loosened the things around the deceaseds neck, it’s my guess he saw a wrap, or stole.
                              Originally posted by mickreed View Post

A wrapper is also defined as:

A shawl, cloak, etc., for wrapping round the shoulders or head.
                              A loose outer garment, esp. for informal indoor wear or for use in household work; esp. a woman's loose gown or negligee.
                              From a great poem by George R Sims - In the Workhouse Christmas Day (1879)

And the guardians and their ladies,
                              Although the wind is east,
                              Have come in their furs and wrappers,
                              To watch their charges feast:
                              To smile and be condescending,
                              Put puddings on pauper plates,
                              To be hosts at the workhouse banquet
                              They’ve paid for – with the rates.
                              Mick Reed

Comment

• Key points to remember here are,

1.Hutt was dealing with just another drunk pre mortem.

2.Post mortem, the inventory was part of a murder investigation that was scrutinised by every official in the land, from Queen Victoria down.

3.The object currently referred to as a scarf was so screamingly at odds with the rest of Mrs Eddowes processions that it should not fail to have been noticed.
                                dustymiller
                                aka drstrange

Comment

Working...
                                X