This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    I'm bothered by Dr. Jari's statement in the Finnish paper that he was taken advantage of. Are we confident in that translation? Because that's a pretty bold statement.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Hello Tom,

email me the original and I shall make sure it gets transltated 100 per cent correctly :-)

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      I´m absolutely sure, Tom - Hufvudstadsbladet is in Swedish (many Fins speak Swedish since the Westernmost part of Finland, Österbotten, used to be Swedish). It says "Redan bakpärmen avslöjade att de vill utnyttja mig..." (Already the back cover revealed that they want to take advantage of me...) and "utnyttja" cannot mean anything else but "take advantage of" in this context.

The best,
      Fisherman
      Hello Christer,

Yup... thats what I made of it too.

Is there a Finnish original to this comment I wonder... if so send me an email and I will see if there is any difference.

best wishes

Phiol
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

• Hello all,

Would somebody please tell me who DCI Robin Napper is? (edit. answered below)

And what connection has he to do with the JTR case?

And who asked HIM to find a DNA expert and the shawl's owner?

Many thanks

Phil
        Last edited by Phil Carter; 09-16-2014, 10:33 AM.
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
          Hello Christer,

Yup... thats what I made of it too.

Is there a Finnish original to this comment I wonder... if so send me an email and I will see if there is any difference.

best wishes

Phiol
          Hi Phil!

The article in Hufvudstadsbladet is headed FNB, meaning the Finnish News Agency (Finska nyhetsbyrån). I tried their homepage, but it would not let me conduct a search without logging in. I recognize that from my own job - you get what you pay for, and you pay dearly to the news agencies!

All the best,
          Fisherman

Comment

• Hello all,

This is the gentleman above..

I also note this..

October 2006: Director of Uniforensic Party Ltd, forensic and investigative consultants.

and

January 2001: June 2001 Detective Superintendent Thames Valley Police Major Crime Division. Senior Investigating Officer. Reviewing outstanding murder cases (cold case reviews) using new Forensic technologies and practices and procedures developed at the National Crime Faculty.

Phil
            Last edited by Phil Carter; 09-16-2014, 10:34 AM.
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
              Hi Phil!

The article in Hufvudstadsbladet is headed FNB, meaning the Finnish News Agency (Finska nyhetsbyrån). I tried their homepage, but it would not let me conduct a search without logging in. I recognize that from my own job - you get what you pay for, and you pay dearly to the news agencies!

All the best,
              Fisherman
              Hello Christer,

If you find the Finnish Original, just email it to me... I will see if anything got lost in the translation. (if anything)

best wishes

Phil
              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
                He states that he also tested for DNA links to anyone named 'Cross' or 'Lechmere' but found absolutely nothing....he further states that based on what little he knows of the 'Crossmere' theory he thinks that - in his scientific opinion - anyone who believes it should receive electric shock therapy as soon as possible. Later today, if possible.

Come to think of it, I may have messed that last point up....because of his accent.
                Ever considered forming a double act with Henry?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Griffith aka gryff View Post
                  Any thoughts and information, from the experts here, to ease my troubled mind gratefully accepted.
                  There is some discussion in the book of how the 2011 documentary was set up. I'm afraid I don't have time to type in a summary of it, though.

I've already posted details of who did the 2006 testing on this thread - also from the book. I think a search for "Gow" will bring it up.

Comment

Hi all I'm a longtime on/off lurker at the Casebook ...
                    Then you should be more on than off, Gryff. Excellent post. Intriguing to say the least.

Comment

Would somebody please tell me who DCI Robin Napper is? (edit. answered below)

And what connection has he to do with the JTR case?

And who asked HIM to find a DNA expert and the shawl's owner?
                      I think there's a limit to the number of questions people can expect those who've read the book to answer about its contents - particularly if they're refusing to read it themselves.

Comment

Hello Christer,

If you find the Finnish Original, just email it to me... I will see if anything got lost in the translation. (if anything)

best wishes

Phil
                        Hi Phil!

I couldn´t say who had the original article. I´ve found two articles in Helsingin Sanomat, and I am providing you the links - it is, as you may know, the biggest paper in Finland. It seems they are not the same article, however, but if you can make anything of them, I´d be interested to hear it!
                        They are from the 8:th and the 9:th, so they may not have the information about having been taken advantage of.

The best,
                        Fisherman

Comment

• Hi Mick,
                          Yes, I agree that the close geographical proximity of Eddowes' and Kosminski's respective residences is significant and, as I said in my reply to Helen, the fact that a witness supposedly saw Kosminski in Eddowes company just before she was murdered, however dubious that ID might be, gives added context. And with this problem context is surely everything. I mean, if everyone in the world is entered into a computer prize draw and my name is selected I've overcome odds of 6 Billion to one! This in itself isn't suspicious- any winner would have overcome identical odds. Then again, if you subsequently discovered I lived next door to the person who designed the software responsible for the draw, despite the lack of direct evidence, you might start getting suspicious!

Of course, one major problem is that we don't know when the DNA fragments were deposited on the garment and whether they were deposited at the same time, or even same decade or same century!

Comment

• DCI Napper And Edwards

@Mr Phil Carter: Here is a link to the documentary

Jack The Ripper: Prime Suspect

The meeting of Napper, Edwards and Dr. Louhelainen is around 31.40. (Napper also meets with the Parlours a few minutes earlier in the video.)

cheers, gryff

Comment

• Hello all,

Some of you may be happy to have a butchers at this email to Robin Napper.

from Dr. Robert N. Moles.

Involves DNA transferance

best wishes

Phil
                              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Ohh, and I have somewhere on this thread seen reference to tests done in 2007. Are those the 2006 tests I list above?
                                Quite possibly. Immediately after I'd posted the details and given the date (2006) someone replied suggesting it was 2007.

Comment

Working...
                                X