X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knife

Hello Mr B. Thanks.

Yet, the Drage knife was rejected--and how close was that to Liz?

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Wolfie. Thanks.

It's a VERY old discussion. You recall, Sir MLM NEVER went beyond the cognomen. Anderson NEVER articulated the name; and, Swanson, if indeed he wrote the "marginalia/end notes," never went beyond cognomen.

Cheers.
      LC
      Oh, got it, Thank you.

Well, in that case I could have another Kosminsky that may fit the bill.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
        Well Lynn, if I were a copper running around like a bluebottle looking for the murderer of one or other of the two women murdered that might and I came across a piece of blood soaked material, I would like to think it would occur to me that it might be connected. Same as the apron piece in Goulston piece, if you think about it.

MrB
        Precisely, and perhaps then a superior officer sharing Lynn's mindset decided there was no provable link to the crime scene and told Simpson the shawl would be useless as evidence unless and until DNA testing was invented.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
          Precisely, and perhaps then a superior officer sharing Lynn's mindset decided there was no provable link to the crime scene and told Simpson the shawl would be useless as evidence unless and until DNA testing was invented.
          But they paid all that attention to a bit of apron????
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I agree with Lynn, it would make an altogether impractical murder weapon.

Unless it were divided up between the various Whitechapel Murderers.

Comment

Hello Christopher. Thanks.

"1--are you claiming all "sexual" serial killers are sociopaths?

and

2--please explain the difference between sociopathy and psychopathy."

#1. Certainly not. I am merely trying to explicate one cornball theory, sadly much favoured by many ripper students.

#2. The former is merely a modern version of the latter.

Cheers.
              LC
              Re #2--not exactly.

Both refer to anti-social personality disorder--the difference is that psycho-path indicates the person was born with anti-social personality disorder condition (psycho--coming from within), socio-path indicates the condition was brought about from their upbringing and experiences--abusive family, tragedies, poverty (socio--social).

Cheers,
              C

Comment

• Yes, they paid all that attention to the apron, and where is it now?

Whereas they paid no attention to a shawl, never mentioned it, never noted it.... and suddenly here it is cracking the case?

Something doesn't add up there, either the story or real life.

Comment

• Originally posted by robhouse View Post
                  Incidentally, it is possible for people to be both psychopaths and psychotic/schizophrenic. One study I read indicated that underlying psychopathic traits were the main indicator of violence among people with schizophrenia. Which might well be the case with Kozminski, who was both schizophrenic and also had a "great hatred of women."

RH
                  100% correct. Like Richard Chase.

note the similarities
                  Last edited by christoper; 09-12-2014, 04:50 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

• James K Stephen had a pathological hatred of women too as I recall. It does not automatically make one a murderer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                      James K Stephen had a pathological hatred of women too as I recall. It does not automatically make one a murderer.
                      That is stating the obvious.

Comment

Hello Mr B. Thanks.

Yet, the Drage knife was rejected--and how close was that to Liz?

Cheers.
                        LC
                        Hi Lynn,

Rejected, but not ignored. If the shawl was lifted by a light fingered PC, it would not even have been considered as evidence.

Edwards' attempt to locate the shawl in Mitre Square and identify it with the Michaelmas daisy patterned dress/skirt is absurd. Although not quite as absurd as the assertion that the 'Michaelmas daisies' were left as a clue to subsequent events.

MrB

Comment

• Originally posted by Theagenes View Post
                          Yes, actually that's very much in the ballpark. The big question is just how "remarkable" is that "resemblance" in actuality.
                          I haven't seen any evidence yet that the stain(s) that gave rise to the Kominski mtDNA (or nDNA, whichever it was) were semen stains. Only that they contained epithelial cells which could have come from just about anywhere. That is, I think, I fairly important point.
                          Prosector

Comment

• Originally posted by Prosector View Post
                            I haven't seen any evidence yet that the stain(s) that gave rise to the Kominski mtDNA (or nDNA, whichever it was) were semen stains. Only that they contained epithelial cells which could have come from just about anywhere. That is, I think, I fairly important point.
                            Prosector
                            Pro, in his BBC interview Dr Jari stated that he thought there was a possibility of finding sperm heads intact, as they were quite robust, but his spermatological colleague found no sperm heads, but epithelial cells that are often attached to sperm heads. Or words to that effect. No direct evidence was given that they were sperm stains - it was spoken of as though there were no doubt on the matter.

I have no idea whether or not that holds water. I'm just reporting what he said.

Comment

• Originally posted by robhouse View Post
                              What is your source for that, out of curiosity.
                              I don't remember the name of the poster. I've searched for the thread but can't find it. The poster had received the census,birth,and marriage records from Poland if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Hello Christopher. Thanks.

"1--are you claiming all "sexual" serial killers are sociopaths?

and

2--please explain the difference between sociopathy and psychopathy."

#1. Certainly not. I am merely trying to explicate one cornball theory, sadly much favoured by many ripper students.

#2. The former is merely a modern version of the latter.

Cheers.
                                LC
                                Yep they are as you and I are…We all sit on a sociopathic Scale. So its logical to assume that so do Serial Killers

Its probable that Serial Killers have little empathy with their victims and thus sit high on the Sociopathic Scale…

Most sociopaths (On which I am an expert) function well within society. Lower sociopathic scale often do well in tough jobs like banking

If there is a difference between Sociopath and Psycopath its that one has probably committed a recognised crime.

Yours Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X