No announcement yet.

Was Kosminski the real Leather Apron?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Kosminski the real Leather Apron?!

"There still exist two versions of the memoranda - the Aberconway version which was discovered in 1959, and the Scotland Yard version as seen by Donald Rumbelow in 1975. These two both detail Montague Druitt, Aaron Kosminski and Michael Ostrog, and also refute the claims against Thomas Cutbush.

Macnaughten's grandson Gerald Donner also had a copy, which was seen by Phillip Loftus in the 1950's. Unfortunately Loftus did not take a copy of the memorandum, and could only recall that it described (i) Michael [sic] John Druitt ... (ii) a feeble minded man who stabbed girls with nail scissors (either Cutbush or Coldicott) and (iii) a Polish cobbler nicknamed Leather Apron."

"He had a great hatred of women, especially of the prostitute class and had strong homicidal tendencies"

There is a good possibility that Kosminski was the one and only Leather Apron.

The Baron

Originally posted by The Baron View Post
    "There still exist two versions of the memoranda - the Aberconway version which was discovered in 1959, and the Scotland Yard version as seen by Donald Rumbelow in 1975. These two both detail Montague Druitt, Aaron Kosminski and Michael Ostrog, and also refute the claims against Thomas Cutbush.

Macnaughten's grandson Gerald Donner also had a copy, which was seen by Phillip Loftus in the 1950's. Unfortunately Loftus did not take a copy of the memorandum, and could only recall that it described (i) Michael [sic] John Druitt ... (ii) a feeble minded man who stabbed girls with nail scissors (either Cutbush or Coldicott) and (iii) a Polish cobbler nicknamed Leather Apron."

"He had a great hatred of women, especially of the prostitute class and had strong homicidal tendencies"

There is a good possibility that Kosminski was the one and only Leather Apron.

The Baron
    except piser was leather apron

Comment

I think Pizer was "fit-up" to be Leather Apron. He even may have been a police informant. The real guy was seen around Whitechapel, but never caught. It's possible Kosminski could have been Leather Apron -- but which "Kosminski"?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
        I think Pizer was "fit-up" to be Leather Apron. He even may have been a police informant. The real guy was seen around Whitechapel, but never caught. It's possible Kosminski could have been Leather Apron -- but which "Kosminski"?
        What would the police gain from this?

Comment

Agree Scott, I don't think Pizer was Leather Apron.

The Baron

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

except piser was leather apron
            I'm with Abby Piser was leather apron.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

What would the police gain from this?
              This is a good point from Joshua

Suppose Pizer didn't have an alibi for Polly's death. There is a possibility he may have been charged or at least leaked to the papers that they have the prime suspect in custody, [ Pizer was quickly cleared ] . Potential victims are off their guard making it easier for Jack to kill again. And what happened if he had have done. A police force already under pressure would have been made to look like fools. Nothing to gain, unless some kind of proof, hence the attempted ID with Violena.

Regards Darryl

Comment

Also following on from my last post, Pizer was given the opportunity to corroborate he was Leather Apron, and to clear his name . Which in both instances he did.
                What was he doing at the inquest anyway ? He had nothing to add to Annies death, time of etc . Seems to me the police wanted to move on from the Leather Apron scare and bring in fresh enquires .
                Regards Darryl

Comment

piser was also chased by an angry mob who thought he was the killer because many people knew he was Leather Apron. Its why he went into hiding at a relatives place. this was just before another murder, so he was holed up when the ripper struck next. Piser was leather apron and not the ripper.

Comment

Cast as Leather Apron, but was then compensated for clearly not being?
                    Last edited by AlanG; 08-27-2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Likely David Cohen was Leather Apron.

Comment

Likely David Cohen was Leather Apron.

Cohen or Kamnski?!

As we have it, it is Kosminski.

The Baron

Comment

Two points are in favour of Kaminski:

-He was a boot maker, a cobbler as in the Memoranda, David Cohen was a tailor.

-I've read that Nathan Kaminsky found out he had an STD in March and Ada Wilson was attacked the day after he was released, which is very interesting!

Was Nathan Kaminski the Kosminski?!

Its Ka-->Kos

Nathan Kosminski

The Baron

Comment

"you say Kaminski, I say Kosminski, lets Cohen the whole thing off!"

clowns

Comment

Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Was Nathan Kaminski the Kosminski?!
                              Not sure. When David Cohen was supposed to make his December 7th Thames Court appearance, one of the witnesses was an "N. Cohen."

Comment

Working...
                              X