Alleged Incidents in Kosminski's Childhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alleged Incidents in Kosminski's Childhood

There was only one post in the last two days in this thread so I do not have a reference. I will look for further posts further back and edit this thread as needed:

Hello,

jeffl has just posted in the Kosminsky, Aaron forum of Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Forums under the title of Alleged incidents in Kosminski's childhood.

This thread is located at http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=5572

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Hi all

Just a quick note as I have checked out the above website. Most worrying.

You have to admit these people are very clever at twisting things aren't they. And where did they get the photos of shwartz and Kosminski from?

I don't think Rob House should blame himself in any way what so ever. His mental hypothesis were interesting conjecture. If we wish to get inside the mind of Jack the Ripper, that is all there is, conjecture.

However I do believe that it is a wake up call that we should all give serious consideration. The anti semitic pressure's of the time, are obviously as alive today as they were 1888 in some parts of the world.

It should give us some perspective why Swanson/Anderson would have been so cautious with their Polish Jewish suspect and what they choose to say in public.

For me, of course, this is a story about a little known mental condition Schizophrenia.

The fact that Kosminski was Jewish, or was not, is completely irrelevant.

However, I for one will be much more cautious about Jewish sensitivity about this matter from now on, someone did warn me and I sort of po po 'd them a little. There are obviously people out there willing to twist and manipulate the facts to their own sordid ends. We should all be mindful.

Yes these were horrid brutal crimes committed against real people, but the fact is they were almost certainly committed by someone not in control of their actions and unable to reason right from wrong. Unlike the filth who put this website together.

Yours Jeff

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

The following is the Google cache of this conversation, which only gets the first part, but at least it's more than what we have without it.

Feb. 11, 09:04 PM
    chris

At this site

There is the passage below:

Kosminski's Childhood
    There was no father in his childhood. He was raised by the mother and his two sisters, he saw the sisters as domineering mother figures. Aaron shares a bed with one or both of his sisters when he is living in the Pale, and begins to develop sexual fantasies involving his sisters. He witnesses his sisters' menstrual bleeding, and the fascination begins. Betsy would have been 12 years old in 1869, and Aaron was only 4 or 5 - and as a result of this becomes obsessed with the female sexual organs, imagining blood or violence to be associated with sexuality.
    Kominski Starts Hating Women
    At 16, during the Russian pogroms, he witnesses the rape of members of his family, and he enjoyed it. His sister's often ridiculed his compulsive masturbation, which in his mind signified their rejection of his sexual fantasies, and their rape was justice.

These seem very specific incidents but I have no idea as to the source.
    Has anyone seen these alleged incidents reported before?
    Chris

Feb. 11, 09:20 PM
    cgp100

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris
    At this site

There is the passage below:

Kosminski's Childhood
    There was no father in his childhood. He was raised by the mother and his two sisters, he saw the sisters as domineering mother figures. Aaron shares a bed with one or both of his sisters when he is living in the Pale, and begins to develop sexual fantasies involving his sisters. He witnesses his sisters' menstrual bleeding, and the fascination begins. Betsy would have been 12 years old in 1869, and Aaron was only 4 or 5 - and as a result of this becomes obsessed with the female sexual organs, imagining blood or violence to be associated with sexuality.
    Kominski Starts Hating Women
    At 16, during the Russian pogroms, he witnesses the rape of members of his family, and he enjoyed it. His sister's often ridiculed his compulsive masturbation, which in his mind signified their rejection of his sexual fantasies, and their rape was justice.

Chris

Apart from the fact that Aaron Kozminski's father died when he was 8, what you've quoted is sheer invention from start to finish.

Unfortunately, a number of anti-semitic websites have latched on to Aaron for use in their propaganda. The rubbish above is more blatant and offensive than most, though.

Chris Phillips

Feb. 11, 09:25 PM
    Jake L
    Inspector

I wouldn't trust a source that uses sources so liberally.
    Amongst other things, he has G.B. Shaw standing in for Schwartz!

/jake

* This is a very plausible explanation -one of the most plausible of all- until one sets out to analyze it.
    * The effort failed, like all the others, but it was none the less commendable for that.
    * Such speculation is little more than childish, for there is no evidence to support one view any more than another.

Feb. 11, 09:28 PM
    dannorder

Hi Chris,

These were originally wild speculations about what might have happened that were suggested by Robert House in the dissertation "Aaron Kosminski Reconsidered" (that goes to his website, but two different versions of it are also on this site). There's no evidence that any of that actually happened, it's just wishful thinking by someone coming up with plausible reasons to explain how he could have become a serial killer.

The web site you mention has basically lifted all of that as part of its blatantly anti-Semitic agenda in which no lie and distortion is too shameless. If I were Rob I would be horrified that my writing could have been lifted and abused by such disgusting racists. While sites can't get shut down for merely being vehemently racist or knowingly deceptive, there are a number of things there that might be a cause to get them in trouble for copyright violations.

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes - The International Journal for Ripper Studies

Feb. 11, 09:29 PM
    Stephen Thomas
    Chief Inspector

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris
    Chris

All fabricated I would imagine That looks like an Anti Semitic website. Still, a nice East End(?) photo I hadn't seen before. Thanks.

Further conversation, not in the cache file, revealed that the photo was not of the East End and that Rob House now regretted ever making the speculations about Kosminski's early life because of the way they had been misappropriated by this web site

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
    Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Thank you Dan! That was awesomely helpful. LOL..I think I am going to try it on other threads.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Working...
      X