google earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• google earth

This is an image from google earth. The killing sites are the Orange markers. The blue field is therefore the killing field. the addresses and St. John's Square were found with simple search on GE. The white line is the most direct route betwixt the two known points, 70 East India Dock Road (Radin's shop) and the polish club at clerkenwell that Severin was said to attend religiously. Respectfully Dave
    Attached Files
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Dave, is that Mary Kelly's bed right in the middle of the blue field?

Comment

Dave,your map is helpful with regards to crime sites usually considered those of the ripper.However my interest in Chapman was sparked by two sites in particular:His known Whitehart pub link at the corner of George Yard where he worked as a barber in 1888 and his later address in 1888 at 126 Cable Street another barber shop address close to the crime scenes of Berner Street and Pinchin Street.
      Significantly, he was still living there in September 1889 at the time of the discovery of the Pinchin Street torso -the site being directly opposite his 126 Cable Street address .Why not refer to the Pinchin street torso in your mappping- after all the torso was said to be part of the body of yet another mutilated prostitute in Whitechapel and was discovered only nine months after Mary Kelly"s murder.Also we dont actually know how many women Jack murdered----or how many Chapman murdered.....
      Best
      Norma

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
        Dave,your map is helpful with regards to crime sites usually considered those of the ripper.However my interest in Chapman was sparked by two sites in particular:His known Whitehart pub link at the corner of George Yard where he worked as a barber in 1888 and his later address in 1888 at 126 Cable Street another barber shop address close to the crime scenes of Berner Street and Pinchin Street.
        Significantly, he was still living there in September 1889 at the time of the discovery of the Pinchin Street torso -the site being directly opposite his 126 Cable Street address .Why not refer to the Pinchin street torso in your mappping- after all the torso was said to be part of the body of yet another mutilated prostitute in Whitechapel and was discovered only nine months after Mary Kelly"s murder.Also we dont actually know how many women Jack murdered----or how many Chapman murdered.....
        Best
        Norma
        The sites com from a jack the ripper .kmz file and are not mine, perhaps one of our London peers will plot the cable street torso. Respectfully Dave

Comment

The White Hart is about where the bed is in the Blue Zone.
          Pinchin St Torso was just below #3, on a line intersecting Cable St, which runs east and west.
          Sink the Bismark

Comment

thank you !

Comment

i do not think so, no piled organs. for Cap'n's post
              Last edited by protohistorian; 08-22-2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                my interest in Chapman was sparked by two sites in particular: His known Whitehart pub link at the corner of George Yard where he worked as a barber in 1888 and his later address in 1888 at 126 Cable Street another barber shop address close to the crime scenes of Berner Street and Pinchin Street.
                Once again, Nats, the White Hart was simply not his "known" place of work in 1888.

The truth is that we don't know that he lived/worked at the White Hart in 1888 - only Wolf Levisohn's testimony could be construed as placing him there at that time, and that's by no means certain; the rest of the witness testimony points to his setting up shop in the White Hart a goodly time after the Ripper murders.

As I've shown, his Cable Street address could have been registered as late as December 14th 1888. Even then, we don't know that he lived in Cable Street, only that #126 was the address of the barber shop in which he worked. He might even have been living in West India Dock and walking back and forth to the shop at that time.

A close reading of the trial transcripts may in fact indicate that Klosowski was at Cable Street first, and the White Hart second - which is all of a piece with a recent immigrant gradually making his way out of his Yiddish/Polish comfort zone in the South to the more cosmopolitan heart of Whitechapel.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I am in Wales at the moment Sam,returning to London tomorrow.In HL Adam"s book he cites Levisohn, stating under oath at Chapmans murder trial in 1903,that he first met Klosovski/Chapman at the barber shop under the Whitehart pub in 1888.This is definite Sam as I have checked it several times and when I get back can give exact quote and page.
                  Secondly, Lucy Baderski"s brother or brother in law states categorically and again under oath [and similar cross questioning to that undertaken by Levisohn]that he first knew Chapman when he was LIVING at 126 Cable Street and that his SISTER [Lucy] WENT TO LIVE WITH HIM there after she married Klosowski/Chapman in October 1889.
                  Given that in order to have had his address recorded in the 1889 Post Office Directory he had to have applied before 2nd December 1888----or 14th December 1888 if you prefer.....my own thinking tends to favour him having made his move there sometime in the Autumn of 1888----between September and December anyway,
                  Best
                  Norma

Comment

Working...
                  X