thought experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Hi Dave,This didn't stop Klosowski from announcing himself as a mere "feldscher" to friends and family - this, despite his evident propensity to be something of a "Captain Bull$hit" in so many other ways. He seems to have had a good enough time in being a hairdresser and publican anyway: the womanizing, the boat, the American memorabilia, the la-di-da clothes, the self-confidence...
    If I am right all those features are fronts. I think chapman was a malignant narcissist, (a greatly exagerated self esteem) with delusions of granduer. When he failed at achieving one of those delusions ( being a surgeon) it left a profoundly deep psychological scar on him. In his own mind,he was a failure. At some point in his mind, he shifted guilt from himself to women, and began attacks. Once he knew he could experiment, he did.
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
      I think chapman was a malignant narcissist, (a greatly exagerated self esteem) with delusions of granduer.
      I might incline to agree with you there, Dave. However, whilst such a person might feel inclined to discreetly dispose of young, attractive women (ostensibly to make way for another young, attractive woman), I'd struggle to square such narcissism with the violent disembowelment of grubby, drunken forty-somethings in the open streets.

As to Kelly - he'd surely have been more inclined to date her, than to have torn her to bits? After all, his dealings with women were distinctly of the amorous kind - at least until he got fed up with them.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I might incline to agree with you there, Dave. However, whilst such a person might feel inclined to discreetly dispose of young, attractive women (ostensibly to make way for another young, attractive woman), I'd struggle to square such narcissism with the violent disembowelment of grubby, drunken forty-somethings in the open streets.

As to Kelly - he'd surely have been more inclined to date her, than to have torn her to bits? After all, his dealings with women were distinctly of the amorous kind - at least until he got fed up with them.
        I think somewhere in his make up there is a strong current of misogyny, targeted mostly severly at older (older than he) women.

Comment

I think somewhere in his make up there is a strong current of misogyny, targeted mostly severly at older (older than he) women.
          If so, then the misogyny he allegedly exhibits in 1888 is channeled rather differently 9 years later. During that time he switches from primarily wasted middle-aged women to rather attractive younger ones.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

If so, then the misogyny he allegedly exhibits in 1888 is channeled rather differently 9 years later. During that time he switches from primarily wasted middle-aged women to rather attractive younger ones.
            Agreed. He has definately changed the way it is expressed. But misanthropic people in general do not age discriminate. It could also be that he has passed through his mature fetish stage and is now more interested in contempories and younger. I believe age was in his variable portion of his fantasy.

Comment

I believe age was in his variable portion of his fantasy.
              ... not to mention manners, social status and physical appearance
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

... not to mention manners, social status and physical appearance
                To be sure, those were variables. It is a drawback to my approach that it remains so unvarifiable. It could also be that as he aged , younger women fit the targeted image in his mind.

Comment

... his "technique" seem to vary from murder to murder, Dave, that's for sure. This strongly suggests, not a learned skill, but a rookie experimenting with different approaches.
                  Agreed, looks alot like a junior surgeon with delusions of granduer to me.

Comment

It looks like just about anyone having a go with a sharp knife to me.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

It looks like just about anyone having a go with a sharp knife to me.
                      indeed it could be, but I believe the pathology fits better than others. At least the ones I have looked at. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Agreed, looks alot like a junior surgeon with delusions of granduer to me.
                        Do we know much about his mentoring relationships? I have as a child apprenticed to Mosho Rappaport and not much else. Have requested a copy of H.L.Adams through the school, not here yet. Thank you for enduring my questions.

Comment

Ben,

I agree with the skill part, just because he removed a kidney or uterus does not make him a skilled surgeon.

Just because a butcher slaughters a chicken, guts and cuts the bird for cooking does not make him a vet.

You do something enough times, and you become good at it.

BW
                          "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE WIZZARD View Post
                            Ben,

I agree with the skill part, just because he removed a kidney or uterus does not make him a skilled surgeon.

Just because a butcher slaughters a chicken, guts and cuts the bird for cooking does not make him a vet.

You do something enough times, and you become good at it.

BW
                            We are talking about removing human organs, at night. Where exactly would one practice that?

Comment

We are talking about removing human organs, at night. Where exactly would one practice that?
                              Yes where would one learn something like that......as darkly lit as those times were at nite?

All Im saying is, even if you took a failed medical student, put them in a pitch black room, blindfold them with a body in front of then and have them remove the kidney and ovaries............they could pull it off.

Now exactly how long and how efficiently is debatable. In the end I think they could pull it off.
                              Im just a guy with a flashlight and an open mind looking for answers. Before I do, I need to find the questions first.

Comment

Hi Dave,

A lot of serial killers, used there own homes for killing and dismembering the bodies, the black dahlia was not killed in the park in which they found her, she was sectioned for easy concealment and transportation to the park. To name a couple more, J.Dahmer and J. Gacy. killed them in their own homes.

They were very good at what they did.

BW
                                Last edited by BLUE WIZZARD; 02-05-2009, 08:29 PM.
                                "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”
                                Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X