No announcement yet.

Jack the Ripper in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they free downloads or subscriptions?

Comment

Originally posted by JPGarc View Post
      From what i found they are most registration

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
        Is there another way of getting this as my dvd burner is broken and i would like to have it on dvd.
        I don't see it on the Discovery Channel online store or anywhere else yet, so no.
        “A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent." - William Blake

Comment

They're free. Just go to one of the file hosting sites. Hotfile/Rapidshare etc. Most make you wait for a period of time to start the download, like 60 seconds, then it starts downloading. You're an IT engineer?
          “A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent." - William Blake

Comment

Thanks, I found it free on

And lets see if I can get it up on Youtube.com soon.

Comment

Newbie help request

Hello all. :-) I am new to this board, so please bear with me. Last Sunday I watched the Discovery Channel's Jack the Ripper in America. The show brought out some very interesting facts and drew some conclusions that seemed new. Just on my limited knowledge, I searched in vain for a review of the show, and was unable to find much information on the documentary or even any video clips from the show, even on Discovery Channel and Discovery World's websites. Luckily for me, I had DVR's the show and was able to go back and watch it three times, before writing about the show. Instead of a straight review, I tried to lay out the premises of the story, from the viewpoint of Ed Norris, the cold case detective. In searching for links and photos, I stumbled upon this site, which to my eyes was like finding the holy grail of Ripper facts and is very impressive. Inside my post, I listed Casebook several times for people who wanted additional information.

If any one else has seen the show, please read what I described, and let me know if there is anything that is factually incorrect. This is not a sales pitch or ploy for traffic or spam, I really want to get this right. Any help or advice you can give me will gladly be credited to you in the post. In my mind, you guys are the experts, and if anything is off base, you will be able to spot it in 5 seconds.

Thank you in advance for any help or clarification you can give me.

Audiegrl :-)

this is the link: http://tinyurl.com/ya5cfp8

Comment

Is there anyone here aware that the Ed Norris guy was convicted in 2005 for using police deptartment money for his own personal use, including extramarital affairs?

Here is the article:

I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Hi JTR,

Even if true, it doesn't necessarily invalidate his research and conclusions. That would seem to be a separate issue.

c.d.

Comment

So he's not the ex-head of the NYPD's Cold Case Squad with years of experience working on old cases? Awkward.

Wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by audiegrl View Post
                      Hello all. :-) I am new to this board, so please bear with me. Last Sunday I watched the Discovery Channel's Jack the Ripper in America. The show brought out some very interesting facts and drew some conclusions that seemed new. Just on my limited knowledge, I searched in vain for a review of the show, and was unable to find much information on the documentary or even any video clips from the show, even on Discovery Channel and Discovery World's websites. Luckily for me, I had DVR's the show and was able to go back and watch it three times, before writing about the show. Instead of a straight review, I tried to lay out the premises of the story, from the viewpoint of Ed Norris, the cold case detective. In searching for links and photos, I stumbled upon this site, which to my eyes was like finding the holy grail of Ripper facts and is very impressive. Inside my post, I listed Casebook several times for people who wanted additional information.

If any one else has seen the show, please read what I described, and let me know if there is anything that is factually incorrect. This is not a sales pitch or ploy for traffic or spam, I really want to get this right. Any help or advice you can give me will gladly be credited to you in the post. In my mind, you guys are the experts, and if anything is off base, you will be able to spot it in 5 seconds.

Thank you in advance for any help or clarification you can give me.

Audiegrl :-)

this is the link: http://tinyurl.com/ya5cfp8
                      Good job, I really liked your review I posted a comment on your page.

Comment

Thank you JP, my husband thought I was crazy. ;-) I kept pausing the show, and running to my computer to make notes. LOL It was very intresting, and hopefully will foster more investigation and debate. There are so many theories out there, I hope one day someone will finally solve it. My only problem with the show was that it was too short. They could have used the second hour dedicated to examining the travels of Kelly and trying to find more American cases that could be tied to him. That would have been a great addition. They only got to cover 12 deaths, in 5 states during 4 years. I kept thinking (if my math is correct), if he kept that pace up, it would be over a thousand deaths during his 40 years of trolling. That's pretty scary. Thank you for taking a look at my summary of the show, you guys are the experts, so I appreciate the feed back. :-)

Comment

Thanks, I found it free on

And lets see if I can get it up on Youtube.com soon.
                          Tried that like it does not work for me at all

Comment

Sorry that';s the link I used to download the show on .avi I have converted it to MPEG so I should be able to upload it to Youtube. When/If I can, I will post the URL to the video.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

that would be great, please let me know if you get them uploaded. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X