JTR identified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
    There is one particular man who not only walked with a distinctive gait...
    ...but also murdered and dismembered his wife before burying her under the floor.

And no; i am not talking about Bury.

The man I am referring to was never arrested or caught and was only found out to be a murderer after his wife's body was found many years later.

There was an extensive police search for him, but by that time he was in the wind.

However, I have managed to trace his life after that time and have found some interesting data about him and IMO IF there's a link to be made between both sets of murders; Ripper and Torso killings; then he is a prime person of interest.

Im choosing not to say too much at this point, because the individual to whom I'm referring, is about to be named in an upcoming book, and out of respect for the author I will refrain to step on their toes.

This person of interest has never been spoken of before in context with the Ripper murders; but has been discussed briefly in conjunction with the torso killings.

I am waiting in anticipation to see what direction the book will go because the individual writing it, is one of the best and most accomplished esearchers.

If the Bethnal Green botherer was the Ripper; then the man soon to be named in the book is potentially a game changer for the case as a whole.

But awkward gaits were more common than we may think.

I have just identified a document relating to John Mccarthy, in which it states that he had "deformed feet" (check it out on Forums)

That by itself doesn't mean he walked with a gait; but it does prove that there are so many specific details about individuals connected with the Ripper case that we still know very little about even after all this time.

RD
    Interesting but I very much doubt The Ripper and The Torso Killer were one and the same. Also you've given away very little information most likely on purpose although that doesn't make it less annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

I've always wondered that too. I don't think that it would be Elizabeth Long, Israel Schwartz, Joseph Lawende, or George Hutchinson.
      Is there anybody who described someone who might have been the Ripper as having "an irregular gait"?
      "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Interesting but I very much doubt The Ripper and The Torso Killer were one and the same. Also you've given away very little information most likely on purpose although that doesn't make it less annoying.
        Yes, my apologies for sounding vague.

Its a long story but essentially I began researching someone who had never been considered as a Ripper suspect.
        I initially believed that he had never even been named in any thread on this site; which again was the case.

However, i then found that over on Forums the individual had indeed been highlighted as a potential person of interest in connection with the Torso killings.
        Furthermore, at least 2 leading researchers were currently researching the same man.

It then transpired that one of the researchers was in the process of writing a book; a chapter from which was dedicated to the same man I had also found.

I was then caught between a rock and a hard place because I knew I was on to something potentially very big...but so were others.

I then felt it would be unfair to release my data publicly because I knew that another researcher was in the process of writing a book.
        The fear being that I would ruin someone's else's work by naming the man before the book was released.

At the same time; I also endeavoured to research his entire life story just in case the writer of the book had missed anything out.

I am confident that I have identified at least 2 pieces of specific data that are currently unknown about, and so I am now waiting in earnest to see if the book mentions the same data.

If it does, then that's that; but if it doesn't, then I intend to share the additional data in due course, in a bid to supplement the book.

I have been working on a dissertation covering the individual in question and had planned to share the research publicly on this forum a few months ago.

However; out of courtesy for the individuals involved with the book; I have chosen to wait and see where the dust settles.

I was under the impression after a brief conversation online with the author; that the chapter in the book covering the individual in question; focuses on the Torso killings and not the Ripper crimes.

If that's indeed the case and the Ripper doesn't form part of the books narrative; then I will share my findings in conjuction with the Ripper crimes and see where it takes us.

There's no point in me approaching It from a Torso killer perspective; because that has already been researched extensively for the upcoming book.

I have no intention of ruining someone else's work.

Honour amongst Ripperologists and all that

Watch this space

RD
        "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

...I have no intention of ruining someone else's work.

Watch this space

RD
          Good afternoon Rookie D,

How can I say this really nicely, politely, correctly and in all ways acceptable to you, to everyone and especially in a manner so as to maintain my active participation in membership here.

Yes, as I understand protocol, the site is perfectly okay with you changing the thread subject (Suspect/Hyam Hyams) from the book written by Ms. Horton about her suspect Hyam Hyams. I want to make perfectly clear that I am also, completely 100% OK with you changing the subject. Changing to a discovery you have about someone else. Someone entirely different. If I understand you correctly..

But the thought just ocurred to me that I may not understand you correctly. Or I may not be sufficiently clued in to your secret. Which is after all a complete secret. Now that the thread is, at least temporarily altered 180 degrees away from Ms. Horton's book and suspect, please allow me to ask you one question if I may-

Does your secret have anything to do with Hyam Hyams?

Comment

Its a long story but essentially I began researching someone who had never been considered as a Ripper suspect.
            I initially believed that he had never even been named in any thread on this site; which again was the case.

RD
            Hi Chris.

Back in Feb. you messaged me about a suspect you thought might be of interest to me due to my suspicions about the man with an 'awkward gait / weird eyes', is this the same individual?

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Is there anybody who described someone who might have been the Ripper as having "an irregular gait"?
              None that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Goose View Post

Good afternoon Rookie D,

How can I say this really nicely, politely, correctly and in all ways acceptable to you, to everyone and especially in a manner so as to maintain my active participation in membership here.

Yes, as I understand protocol, the site is perfectly okay with you changing the thread subject (Suspect/Hyam Hyams) from the book written by Ms. Horton about her suspect Hyam Hyams. I want to make perfectly clear that I am also, completely 100% OK with you changing the subject. Changing to a discovery you have about someone else. Someone entirely different. If I understand you correctly..

But the thought just ocurred to me that I may not understand you correctly. Or I may not be sufficiently clued in to your secret. Which is after all a complete secret. Now that the thread is, at least temporarily altered 180 degrees away from Ms. Horton's book and suspect, please allow me to ask you one question if I may-

Does your secret have anything to do with Hyam Hyams?
                Ah, my sincere apologies.

I was at fault for posting on this particular thread and I failed to add in my post that I was not referring to Hyam Hyams.

I should not have posted that particular post on this particular thread and for that I am deeply sorry.

Just to confirm that the individual to whom I refer is NOT Hyam Hyams, and has nothing to do with Hyam Hyams.

Thank you for your post; and once again, please accept my apologies for effectively high-jacking this thread.

Just to be clear that I had no intention of doing so and my actions were careless rather than malicious.

I should have posted in the appropriate thread; or ar the very least, stated that I was not referring to Hyam Hyams.

I hope I have not caused any annoyance or aggrevation amongst fellow members on this site.

Sincerest regards

RD

*slaps own wrist

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Hi Chris.

Back in Feb. you messaged me about a suspect you thought might be of interest to me due to my suspicions about the man with an 'awkward gait / weird eyes', is this the same individual?
                  Hi Jon

Yes the message i sent you is in reference to the same man I am referring to.

And it's not Hyam Hyams

And the reason I messaged you was my way of being able to subtlety share with you that I was aware of another individual who walked with a distinctive gait and who had previously murdered and dismembered his own wife.. but without giving the name because I knew someone else was writing a book about the same guy in relation to the torso killings.

But for now, I must cease discussing this on this particular thread as I already feel annoyed at myself for detracting from the subject matter of this thread.

I personally can't stand it when a thread is derailed, and I have done just that; albeit unintentionally I must hasten to add.

Potentially exciting times ahead though

Regards

RD

Comment

Yes, my apologies for sounding vague.

However, i then found that over on Forums the individual had indeed been highlighted as a potential person of interest in connection with the Torso killings.
                    Furthermore, at least 2 leading researchers were currently researching the same man.

It then transpired that one of the researchers was in the process of writing a book; a chapter from which was dedicated to the same man I had also found.

I was then caught between a rock and a hard place because I knew I was on to something potentially very big...but so were others.

I then felt it would be unfair to release my data publicly because I knew that another researcher was in the process of writing a book.
                    The fear being that I would ruin someone's else's work by naming the man before the book was released.

At the same time; I also endeavoured to research his entire life story just in case the writer of the book had missed anything out.

I am confident that I have identified at least 2 pieces of specific data that are currently unknown about, and so I am now waiting in earnest to see if the book mentions the same data.

If it does, then that's that; but if it doesn't, then I intend to share the additional data in due course, in a bid to supplement the book.

I have been working on a dissertation covering the individual in question and had planned to share the research publicly on this forum a few months ago.

However; out of courtesy for the individuals involved with the book; I have chosen to wait and see where the dust settles.

I was under the impression after a brief conversation online with the author; that the chapter in the book covering the individual in question; focuses on the Torso killings and not the Ripper crimes.

If that's indeed the case and the Ripper doesn't form part of the books narrative; then I will share my findings in conjuction with the Ripper crimes and see where it takes us.

There's no point in me approaching It from a Torso killer perspective; because that has already been researched extensively for the upcoming book.

I have no intention of ruining someone else's work.

Watch this space

RD
                    Hi RD

Fair enough. I still don't think the Ripper and The Torso Killer were one and the same though. But I'm interested in reading more about this mystery person though in the book and potentially your dissertation if applicable.

Cheers John

Comment

Hello everyone, the individual in question who's writing the book is me, Suzanne Huntington. Thank you R D for being so thoughtful with you not naming your suspect. FWIW I have written a chapter of my forthcoming book 'The Thames Torso Murders Fact or Fiction?' Which relates to the discovery of a females skeletonised and dismembered remains in Blackheath in 1892. It is highly likely the remains are that of Eliza Flavell and that her husband, Frederick Smith Flavell murdered her in 1870. I don't believe Flavell was either tye Torso killer or JTR so whilst I appreciate the thought, RD, fire away with your theory.

Comment

Originally posted by New Ford Shunt View Post
                        Hello everyone, the individual in question who's writing the book is me, Suzanne Huntington. Thank you R D for being so thoughtful with you not naming your suspect. FWIW I have written a chapter of my forthcoming book 'The Thames Torso Murders Fact or Fiction?' Which relates to the discovery of a females skeletonised and dismembered remains in Blackheath in 1892. It is highly likely the remains are that of Eliza Flavell and that her husband, Frederick Smith Flavell murdered her in 1870. I don't believe Flavell was either tye Torso killer or JTR so whilst I appreciate the thought, RD, fire away with your theory.
                        Thank you kindly

There was absolutely no way that I would have named you or Flavell without you posting or mentioning him first.

I must say that I am relieved that you have posted and now have your blessing so to speak.

If there is anything whatsoever that you do NOT want me to discuss on this forum regarding Flavell; then please message me privately.

I am still aware you're writing a book and even though his name is now out in the open; I would not want to step on your toes because I know the amount of time and effort that you put into your research and writing.

I have far too much respect for you to cause any issue

Kindest regards

RD

Comment

Fire away RD! Go for it!

Comment

Working...
                          X