Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mary Kelly really WAS a prostitute....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Having a military appearance only means he looked after himself, kept himself tidy, a well groomed groom I suppose...
    Clutching at straws now

Have a little bit of military training and can spot similar.

Strongly suspect Hutchinson was a personal groom.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
      Are you suggesting that Hutchinson lived with Carthy and that they had stables at Romford?
      He doesn't have to live under the same roof, but if he worked for Carthy then he may have frequented the house where Kelly worked.
      The potential for a connection cannot be dismissed without further investigation.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Clutching at straws now

Have a little bit of military training and can spot similar.

Strongly suspect Hutchinson was a personal groom.
        A personal groom is a valet, a groom looks after horses, but the groom must always be presentable as he is a reflection of his master in front of his master's peers at the horse track.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

He doesn't have to live under the same roof, but if he worked for Carthy then he may have frequented the house where Kelly worked.
          The potential for a connection cannot be dismissed without further investigation.
          So is this plumber Hutchinson who was not out of work or sailor Hutchinson or another?

Were did you get your information on Carthy of Breezer's Hill owning stables in Romford?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
            In your very unvaluable opinion perhaps, but what it actually "indicates" is that Hutchinson slipped up. Innocently or otherwise is for you to decide, but the mistake was obviously his.
            The mistake you make is the use of "obviously".
            We have no cause to assume Hutchinson knew the name of the pub he stood outside that night, in fact in his press account he only identifies it as "the public house".
            So if it was Hutchinson's mistake we would expect to see it repeated, but we don't.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

A personal groom is a valet, a groom looks after horses, but the groom must always be presentable as he is a reflection of his master in front of his master's peers at the horse track.
              Definition, Synonyms, Translations of groom by The Free Dictionary

Comment

The mistake you make is the use of "obviously".
                We have no cause to assume Hutchinson knew the name of the pub he stood outside that night, in fact in his press account he only identifies it as "the public house".
                So if it was Hutchinson's mistake we would expect to see it repeated, but we don't.
                Well....there is that gas lamp

Comment

Well....there is that gas lamp
                  Didn't all pubs have a lamp outside?
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

The other gas lamp

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben View Post
                      Go away.

Just for a bit (?).
                      Seems to be filling in for Pierre.
                      Must be his RDO
                      Mine tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

Were did you get your information on Carthy of Breezer's Hill owning stables in Romford?
                        I think it was a Ripperologist article, I'll see if I can dig it out...
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Thanks mate!

William Crossingham resided in Romford.
                          He owned Commercial Street Chambers at 15-20 Dorset Street,across the road from Millers Court.
                          Last edited by DJA; 09-04-2016, 08:19 PM. Reason: Crossingham.

Comment

• The piece about Romford came from Neil Shelden's book, Mary Jane Kelly and the victims of Jack the Ripper.
                            Kelly lived in Breezers Hill, only four houses were in that street, Stephen Maywood lived at No.1 from 1883-87, McCarthy lived at No.2, it was Maywood who was charged with some offense concerning the treatment of his horses at Romford.

I couldn't get all the details as the book was on my wife's ipad and the power ran out, it needs charging.
                            I'll see if I can expand on that issue tomorrow.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Thought there were 5 houses on one side of the street with Kelly and Carthy/McCarthy residing in number 1.
                              Sounds interesting.
                              Thanks again

Seems to be a number of Stephen Maywoods from Romford.

Last edited by DJA; 09-04-2016, 10:16 PM. Reason: Extended a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                                Ever hear of The Cleveland Street Scandal!

Same officials minus Warren who resigned in 1888.
                                Sure have, DJA and I take your point. I still feel that's it's wonky ethics to happily accuse people of conspiracy with absolutely no evidence of such, while continuing to refuse to name an alleged suspect because 'doing so will destroy Ripperology and upset Britain' or whatever it was he thought would happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X