The man who laughed sternly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The man who laughed sternly

For sure, people who wear dark coats trimmed with astrakhan act strangely.
    Let's take, for example, the Dorset Street suspect, Mr Astrakhan.

Here we have a man that bursts out laughing, but right after, looks at Hutch "stern".
    He plays with Mary, kisses her, however he is said to have a "very surley looking".
    Last but not least, he can walk "very sharp" with his arm around Mary's shoulder.

Sequence :

1: burst of laughter
    2: stern look
    3: kiss
    4: sharp walk with his arm around Mary

Tomorrow is St Valentin's day. You all must make a test and try to walk sharp hand in hand with your sweetheart, and kiss her sternly all day.

Then I'll wish you a hot and surley night, from the bottom of my kidney.

possessive

Hello David. Hmm, sounds either possessive or defensive of Mary.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello David. Hmm, sounds either possessive or defensive of Mary.

Cheers.
      LC
      Hi Lynn. Lol. In which case, the less I can say is that it didn't work.
      Last edited by DVV; 02-13-2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

bivalence

Hello David. Indeed. Either GH was a liar or else an intrepid chap with far too much time on his hands.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

I tend to agree, Lynn. I should give it some stern thoughts this afternoon, while walking my bitch. Thankfully, the weather is very surley here in Provence.

Comment

don't say it

Hello David. You are inviting me to make a pun, but I shan't. In consequence, I must exit the thread now--I am beginning to weaken.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

You must keep posting sharp on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                For sure, people who wear dark coats trimmed with astrakhan act strangely.
                Let's take, for example, the Dorset Street suspect, Mr Astrakhan.

Here we have a man that bursts out laughing, but right after, looks at Hutch "stern".
                He plays with Mary, kisses her, however he is said to have a "very surley looking".
                Last but not least, he can walk "very sharp" with his arm around Mary's shoulder.

Sequence :

1: burst of laughter
                2: stern look
                3: kiss
                4: sharp walk with his arm around Mary

Tomorrow is St Valentin's day. You all must make a test and try to walk sharp hand in hand with your sweetheart, and kiss her sternly all day.

Then I'll wish you a hot and surley night, from the bottom of my kidney.
                This is gravely hilarious!

Comment

Hi DVV,
                  Lets put those four observations into context.
                  The laugh out loud was a reference to when Mr A, and Kelly first encountered each other, some distance away from Hutchinson, there is nothing wrong with that.[ although one is curious to what joke was shared]
                  The stern look, was after Hutch stooped down to look at the man's face,which is quite understandable
                  The walked sharp, may well be a reference to his style of walking not the pace he and Mary were covering the ground.
                  The kiss again is nothing unusual, after all the stern look was not reflected at Kelly, and the laughter showed the man to be amicable .
                  Regards Richard.

Comment

He walked very sharp and bluntly told me to bugger off. Saw I was carrying a model ship. Looked at me stem and looked at me stern. Put his left arm round Kelly's shoulder. Put his right arm round Kelly's shoulder. Told Kelly how broad-shouldered she was. They both then went up the court. Kelly had to turn sideways because she was so broad. I followed them but no one came out. Nobody could, as Kelly was stuck in doorway. Therefore I left.

Comment

Hi Abby,
                      Poor Astrakhan is togged up like a dummy and behaves like a Terminator.
                      Not sure he was shopping sharply in Petticoat Late two days after the murder, though.
                      The Sunday sighting is too stern in my opinion.

Comment

Hi Richard, don't you sense the whole account is trimmed with astrakhan ?
                        A man who is walking with a girl, kisses her, stops, talks, jokes with her, has his hand round her shoulder.... is unlikely to be remembered as a "very sharp walker".
                        Come think of it.
                        Last edited by DVV; 02-13-2012, 09:29 PM. Reason: my english is far too pure

Comment

Hi Robert, thanks for this new masterpierce.

Comment

Yes, it's true, Old Astroman was a fascinating enigma. Dazzlingly sharp and surly.

No wonder poor George forgot where that lampost was...

Comment

For anyone who's interested, there is to be a new JTR film examining Mr A and GH, with soundtrack by the Rolling Sterns, Pet Sharp Boys, and Surly Bassey.

Comment

Working...
                              X