Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    Hi Wick,

So based on your research, you believe that Sarah Lewis walked up the passageway and into the court to go to her mother's house, and whilst in the court noticed a man in a wideawake hat standing in front of Kelly's door. And this occurred at 2:30am? What about the couple she saw 'pass up' the court? She seems to be suggesting this might have been Mary Kelly and a man, though she doesn't say what the couple's destination was, assuming that 'pass up' the court means to have entered it from the street, presumably to go into a room. Very interesting.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Rather than go off topic I'll explain how I see the story evolve on another thread, "Who did Sarah see?"
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Why couldn't Hutchinson have been the midnight companion?Coming back to kill,is little different from staying to kill,except for the interval of abscence.He didn't have to remain near Millers court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        Read this...
        "Sarah Lewes, 24, Great Pearl-street, a laundress, said-I know a Mrs. Keiller, in Miller's-court, and went to see her on Friday morning at 2.30 o'clock by Spitalfields Church clock. In the doorway of the deceased's house I saw a man in a wideawake hat standing. He was not tall, but a stout-looking man. He was looking up the court as if he was waiting for some one. I also saw a man and a woman who had no hat on and were the worse for drink pass up the court."
        Daily News, 13 Nov. 1888.

.Regards, Jon S.
        this statement is wrong, she did not see anyone else at the same time she saw GH, ( in her first statement ) this has been added later.

i have never seen this before, or anyone else has ever mentioned this before, in all the years that we've studied MJK, IF THIS WAS SO, we would have been corrected years ago.....probably by Sudgen, or one of the founder Ripperologists here!

also i think you're wrong with regards to GH, you have no proof that he crossed the road and walked right up to the archway, he was seen standing on the other side of the road only.... you are quoting and manipulating information, that has never come to light before.

i now want to see all of what you have on a new thread and we'll go through it together
        Last edited by Malcolm X; 11-17-2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
          Hi Tom.
          Yes, apparently Hutchinson did stand opposite Millers Court outside Crossingham's, and then moved across to stand outside the archway of the passage. Only then he takes a walk up the passage and stood at Kelly's door. Lewis saw him looking up/into the court (at the back of Kelly's room), for a moment.

Different news stories use different terminology. Some call the 'passage' the 'court', while others use 'passage' and refer to the open space behind Kelly's as the 'court', which technically is the correct use.

The passage leads to the Court, the passage is not the Court.

Here is what I think Lewis saw, a man (in red) standing outside Kelly's door looking into the dark court.

Regards, Jon S.
          no not at all, all of this is new to all of us, she saw him standing on the other side of Dorset st staring up at the court...... nothing else

i'm a GH fanboy, but you're stretching the story too far, because this makes him look far too guilty, and unfortunately; her initial statement does not mention this at all..... and if this was to be interpreted like so, as you say back in 1888, then GH would have been far more of a suspect

do not go by what the tabloids say...... nowadays or even back in 1888, you can not believe anything they tell you and i would have thought that this was pretty obvious..... they have always told lies !!!!!

Comment

• whatever the case, i would like to see this info you have please Wickerman

Comment

• He lied most likely For the same reason people confess to murders they didn't do: Recognition, money to tell his story to the press, insanity, etc. I used to think he was the killer of MJK, now I think he's full of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Winsett View Post
                He lied most likely For the same reason people confess to murders they didn't do: Recognition, money to tell his story to the press, insanity, etc. I used to think he was the killer of MJK, now I think he's full of it.
                Many accuse Hutch of lying, but there's no real consensus on exactly what he lied about and why he might have lied.
                Its easy to just call him a liar..... its easy to call anyone a liar who you don't agree with.

Regards, Jon S.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• You are correct but I don't agree or disagree with GH. I think he made it up. JMHO. As posted before no one else ever saw the AM and he doesn't fit the other descriptions. So you have to pick the witnesses you think are most believable. I don't believe GH, that's all. Good point though.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Winsett View Post
                    You are correct but I don't agree or disagree with GH. I think he made it up. JMHO. As posted before no one else ever saw the AM and he doesn't fit the other descriptions. So you have to pick the witnesses you think are most believable. I don't believe GH, that's all. Good point though.
                    Hi John.
                    No-one else saw a man dressed like Astrachan, agreed.

Interestingly though, we don't even need Hutchinson's story.
                    Sarah Lewis saw the couple (ahead of Hutch) go up the passage, she also saw a man (Hutch) outside the passage in Dorset St., who eventually came to stand at Kelly's door.
                    Regardless what the male companion looked like, with or without the Astrachan coat, Lewis saw them in the passage heading towards room 13.

We don't need Hutchinson at all, especially if we discard the description he gave, what is left provides no value to the story.

Regards, Jon S.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                    X