Innocent, By George!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
    Ruby, why don't a huge percentage of New Yorkers and Londoners go to the police with information about a suspect immediately after a crime?

Mike
    Becuse they don't want to get involved. But boy he sure wanted to get involved that night and after the inquest.

Comment

• Abby, and the best reason for getting involved? because he knew a little and could get some money for it. 22 year old East Enders without regular employment, were probably not as altruistic was you or I... maybe just you would be,

Mike
      huh?

Comment

• [QUOTE]
        Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
        Ruby, why don't a huge percentage of New Yorkers and Londoners go to the police with information about a suspect immediately after a crime?

Mike
        [/QUOTE

..because the Police have a tendancy to treat all volunteering witnesses as potential suspects, which is frightening and unpleasant.

The Police do this because they have learned from experience that seemingly innocent witnesses to a murder may well be the prime suspects..

This is something that the Police were not aware of in 1888..
        http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

• May well be suspects? No. Have a slim chance of being, but most likely are not, yes.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

May well be suspects? No. Have a slim chance of being, but most likely are not, yes.

Mike
            Nevertheless, this is the reason that the FBI give for having difficulty nowadays with murder witnesses not coming forward...
            http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

• Fear of being incriminated. Is that what you mean? If so, that is completely different from BEING incriminated. I think young men throughout history have been afraid of going to police about stuff because young men, and especially urban young men, are always suspected. Anyway, you now have the simplest reason for Hutch not coming forth earlier.

Mike
              huh?

Comment

• If Hutchinson was the killer and he read the description in the papers, he wouldn't have believed his luck that the description was so vague. Why on earth would he want to present himself to the police based on that?

The only half decent explanation to me is that he was one of those who wanted to get involved in the investigation like a few others e.g. Ian Huntley. But then why didn't he do this after any of the other murders?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone placed Hutchinson in Whitechapel prior to coming forward? The Victoria home owners? Perhaps he was in Romford a few days more than he claimed, business didn't come his way, and on returning to the East End went for a pint, read the paper and thought here we go - could be a few quid in this.

I am absolutely amazed that Hutchinson, a man who could have been in the vicinity, gets far more in the way of air space than a man who was actually in her room on the night of the murder, particularly so when you discount Hutchinson no one else saw her that night - either leaving her room or in the streets - Blotchy is streets ahead of Hutchinson as a suspect!

Comment

• Mac,

His father and mother lived in the East End I think, but Hutchinsonians don't recognize those records because... I don't know.... maybe.... agenda?

Mike
                  huh?

Comment

His father and mother lived in the East End I think, but Hutchinsonians don't recognize those records because... I don't know.... maybe.... agenda?

Mike
                    GM, I was talking about the few days after he went to Romford, maybe he made a weekend of it as opposed to returning on the same day. Not exactly sure what business he could have that would have been sorted in a few hours and worth the 32 mile round trek on foot.

Comment

• Mac,

Okay. I'm sure the police checked him out as much as they could with regards to his whereabouts, but there is no record and that is a hotly contested item.

Mike
                      huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post
                        I agree with Abby -this was the latest killing (and most horrific in terms of mutilation), in a series of murders that had the East End, London, the Country, and the rest of the world in thrall.

Hutch not only knew (according to himself) the murder victim, lodged very nearby, but was standing outside the murdered woman's room (a putative
                        witness saw him) shortly before the killing.

It is impossible (IMPOSSIBLE) that he didn't hear of the murders on Friday, so why didn't he come forward for the inquest ? : He supposedly held the most
                        important and detailed description of Jack the Ripper going.

If Hutchinson was simply afraid of losing money by not looking for work, then it is amazing that he did not try asking for the reimbursement of the price of his bed and food for the time that he would have been at the Police Station ?

No wonder Abby starts seeing 'red flags'.....
                        Why is it impossible Ruby? I mean, what is your evidence to make that assumption?

Monty
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Hi Monty

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          Why is it impossible Ruby?
                          Because he was not deaf.

All the best

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                            Why is it impossible Ruby? I mean, what is your evidence to make that assumption?

Monty
                            I've said it before, I can't remember the last time I heard a murder discussed down the pub, so in all probability he wouldn't have heard about it there. That leaves newspapers. Perhaps he didn't buy them that often. In this age of information available from all angles, all sorts completely pass by me so I have no problem in believing that Hutchinson didn't know anything about it for a few days.

I'd say it's 50/50.

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
                              Hi Monty

Because he was not deaf.

All the best
                              You must assume everyone was talking about it. Why?

Comment

• Excellent joke, FM !

Comment

Working...
                                X