• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Richard, all,
    I'd like to know when did Toppy die.
    Could you help?

Thanks in advance,
    David
    Last edited by DVV; 04-13-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Hi David.
      George Topping died in 1938, aged 71years, he suffered a heart attack.
      Regards Richard,

Comment

• Merci infiniment Richard.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
          Hi MalcolmX,
          I agree Proof is the issue here, i have none, only plenty of ' Yes Buts' etc , etc, but my friend none of us have, we are either pro/ anti Hutch.
          The signatures are the nearest i have seen on Casebook, but as yet they do close the case, as you rightly say , even if Topping was the Witness, he still could have told the biggest yarn imaginable.
          I would dispute that, but only my opinion.
          Regards Richard.
          yes very true, you need to soften up that relative that posted in; get proof off her, until then it's merely speculation.

it wont close the case anyway..... because we still wont have solved who JTR is, because it could still be HUTCH.
          Last edited by Malcolm X; 04-13-2009, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Nunners is at it again!!

Sorry Nunners, you’re just being silly now so I shall treat you like the silly child you are becoming.

You don’t need to tell me what I am suggesting, I made myself quite clear. I am not asking anyone to remain silent as well you know, what I am doing is asking you to stop rehashing the same old garbage if you cannot bring anything new to the party.

Your theories have been largely discounted as downright silly, but you still insist on keep dredging them up time after time. The thing is you never bring anything new to the discussion just the same old drivel time and time again.

As for there being very few researchers on the boards that is arrant nonsense. There are countless posters who have made valuable contributions to the subject, unlike you who seem to be imitating a stuck record.

As for my contributions to the board I think I will let others decide on the value of those. I certainly won’t pay any attention to a silly, whiny incompetent child like you.

I have bent over backwards to be patient with you, I have answered your points I have even done a lot of research trying to find some trace of this radio programme you keep whining about, in fact I would say that I have done more real research into it than you have. All you do is wait for a couple of weeks then pop a new post on the boards starting off with “ I heard a radio programme once…”

I really cannot be bothered with you any more Nunners, if others are happy with your continuous whinging and whining about how everyone else is cruel to you then fine, I certainly won’t be wasting my time with you any longer.

Comment

• Bob Hinton.
              This is my last post to you on Casebook, your attitude is one of extreme bad manners, and any respect i may have for you in the past, has now dried up.
              I can assure you sir that to be called a 'Silly, Whiny, incompetent child, on a message board, that i have actively posted on for ten years, has actually [ belief it ] rather annoyed me.
              So goodbye, and butt out of my posts, like i yours.
              Richard Nunweek

Comment

• Mr. Nunweek,
                Unless you've been banned, you are perfectly within your rights to post here. Hopefully you'll stick around and not be bullied off the boards.

Comment

• Hi Richard, don't worry about ridiculous bullying non - entities like the above, i don't post much but read a lot and find your contributions fascinating and illuminating. Maybe we can organise a petition to get Casebook to ban those who continously hound, bully and spout venom like the no - marks who keep victimising you and others on these boards and spoil everyone else's fun

Comment

• i agree too, that attack by Bob Hinton was way over the top..... proof? there is precious little of it, so all we have is speculation.

7 years i've been here and in that time i've discovered little........ just learnt a lot more about Victorian London...and a lot more about the night of Kelly's murder

but discovering HUTCH's identity is important, my guess is that we're very close... and he was outside Mary's for one of two reasons only..

i've ceratainly got enough for a decent book, because this suspect unlike Maybrick, Sickert, Tumblety was actually hanging around far too long outside Mary's room and that's far more than any other suspect.

Comment

• Malcolm X writes:

"this suspect unlike Maybrick, Sickert, Tumblety was actually hanging around far too long outside Mary's room and that's far more than any other suspect."

He hung around for three quarters of an hour, Malcolm. But how do we know that? Because he himself told us so, that´s why. If he only needed to provide an explanation to Lewis´observation, he could have said that he stood there for a minute or two, and he could have given another reason altoghether for doing so than monitoring Kellys moves. He did not even have to tell the police that he knew Kelly.
                      And yet, this is precisely what he did - he told the police about how he kept an eye on the entrance to Miller´s Court for the better part of an hour, and he freely admitted that he knew Kelly.
                      If his sole incentive was to get off the hook himself, that was rather a strange thing to do.
                      Moreover, if he wanted to throw suspicion in a decidedly Jewish direction, then that did not have to involve admitting an aquaintance with Kelly either - he could have described her looks and clothing, and then he could have said that he had observed this woman in company with Astrakhan man.

And, not to forget: he could have stayed away from the police station altogether! But he didn´t, did he?

The best, Malcolm!
                      Fisherman

Comment

• Hi,
                        I would say we would all agree that Hutchinson , had a reason for arriving on the morning night to issue a statement to the police.
                        Reasons include.
                        To relay exactly what he saw , to the best of his ability, a honest account.
                        To offer the police an explanation , why he may have been seen in the immediate vacinty, this may have been because of the inquest reports[ if gh was present] or he may have encountered others, who saw him with Mary Kelly alone on the streets in the early hours of the 9th.
                        It is even possible that no Astracan man ever existed, and he man was invented by Hutch, because he himself had spent time in kellys room during the night, and may have left his own hankerchief there...
                        The above 7 lines, does not make Hutchinson her killer, he could have left her room at 6am ,to go back to the Victoria home, leaving Mary asleep , and very much alive, and upon hearing of her murder, and the estimated T.O.D, he was paranoid in becoming a suspect, and therefore fear made him intoduce that elaborate account.
                        But of course.
                        He could be a cold , vicious , sadistic killer, who like many serial killers in the past have introduced themselves into the investigation, for reasons known only to their sordid little minds.
                        They are the choices folks. pick one.....
                        Regards Richard.

Comment

• If his sole incentive was to get off the hook himself, that was rather a strange thing to do.
                          Not really, Fisherman.

It would be a fairly logical thing to do, since it would reinforce the suspicion that Astrakhan man was ensconced in room #13 with Mary Jane Kelly for a great deal longer than the average knee-trembling encounter. This was a necessary ingredient if he wanted to convey the impression that the surly Jewish man with a small black parcel was the ripper. It was also useful to account for the "unseen witness" factor. There was also the possibility that he was seen by other witnesses besides Lewis, so it's arguable that he needed to vindicate his presence for those occasions too, which meant acknowledging that he remained there for as long as he did.

Moreover, if he wanted to throw suspicion in a decidedly Jewish direction, then that did not have to involve admitting an aquaintance with Kelly either
                          But then if he didn't claim to have known Kelly, his preoccupation with the court for 45 minutes would be all the more difficult to explain and justify rationally. If he was following them because he knew Kelly, his apparent fixation would make more sense.

Best regards,
                          Ben

Comment

• Ben writes:

"Not really, Fisherman."

Well, Ben, it may not seem strange to you. But is DOES to me.

I am obviously very well aquainted with your interpretation of the events in and outside Miller´s Court. My own way to look upon things does not tally with it, however, and the development on the "Hutch in the 1911 census"-thread lies behind it to a very significant degree, as you may have guessed.

The best,
                            Fisherman

Comment

• Fisherman raises good points, because i've had these very same thoughts too (when i was most suspicious of Chapman)

but none of these made sense to me, until i thought that maybe HUTCH was the RIPPER....then for me, it all fell into place..

FISHERMAN doesn't need me to explain myself, it's all here on this forum and he knows exactly what my replies would be anyway...exactly the same as Ben's

Richard sais :- ``He could be a cold , vicious , sadistic killer, who like many serial killers in the past have introduced themselves into the investigation, for reasons known only to their sordid little minds.........They are the choices folks. pick one``

yes it's called the ``thrill/attention`` seeker, there's quite a few like that in the U.S.A

``They are the choices folks. pick one.....``

yes, that's about all we can say right now
                              Last edited by Malcolm X; 04-14-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Richard,
                                you're really a nice and civil man.
                                My views on Hutch are completely different to yours, but I enjoy the way you share your own memories.
                                Once again, I have no doubt you've heard Reg on the radio.
                                This only explains your personal interest and unshaken opinion.

Amitiés,
                                David

Comment

Working...
                                X