Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any updates, or opinions on this witness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
    Maybe we should try and be more realistic in our approaches.
    Here's a touch of realism:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1888 p3 Toppy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	667510

... is that coffee I smell?

Leave a comment:

• richardnunweek
    replied
    Hi all,
    It just goes to show if one has a suspicious mind, and incorporates that with acute imagination, anything is possible
    I am referring to the witness Hutchinson, who has been accused of all kinds of skulduggery , from Murder , possible Mugger, pimp, and if not those. a liar.
    Topping is the only man with the name Hutchinson, who has ever presented himself as the witness,
    Both of his sons were aware of this , also family members.
    Yet we persist in looking for other Hutchinson's throughout the universal, who may fit the profile more.
    No wonder we are no nearer solving this case, everything has been turned on its head, facts have been twisted to assist theories., figures in history have been named as possible culprits , as authors look for an audience.
    Maybe we should try and be more realistic in our approaches.
    Regards Richard.

Leave a comment:

• Darryl Kenyon
    replied
    One of the reasons given why Hutch [as a witness] didn't come forward at the time is that he may implicate himself. But the one person who could give veracity to his account, Lewis, when he did come forward, he doesn't mention. It just doesn't make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Which part of the body did Hutchinson recognize?
    Her two false teeth?

Leave a comment:

• harry
    replied
    It doesn't matter what time the inquest closed,it is only necessary to know at what time Lewis gave her evidene,to judge whether Badham could have known of her sighting.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Which part of the body did Hutchinson recognize?

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Rogan
    replied
    Originally posted by Varqm View Post
    Abberline letter:

"and I am of opinion his statement is true";

"and he has promised to go with an officer tomorrow morning at 11.30 a.m. to the Shoreditch mortuary to identify the deceased."

why was abberline confident when the witness has not identified the body yet? what if it was a different Kelly/woman? Although he was going to
    an additional "check",witness identifying the body/Kelly,whether this witness was relevant or not.But he got a long way to go,additional checks mentioned in a previous post would have made it surer.

---
    I don't think we'll ever know what gave Abberline confidence in Hutchinson. However, according to Hutch's press statement, at least, it wasn't misplaced;

"I went down to the Shoreditch mortuary today and recognised the body as being that of the woman Kelly, whom I saw at two o'clock on Friday morning."

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    I'm talking about Abberline's letter,:"and I am of opinion his statement is true".Trying to figure out what was going on at that time the letter was written.
    Really? - you mentioned Hutchinson's statement to Ben.

However, Abberline had resources available to him.
    Just because we cannot know how he arrived at that decision does not mean his decision was flawed.

Badham does not know Lewis's story about seeing the loiterer.

How do you know,the inquest finish hour(s) ago?
    We don't know when the inquest closed, so that can't be used as an argument.

From surviving accounts we know the police were represented by Supt. Arnold, head of H Div. who was based at Leman St. And, both Abberline and Nairn, both from Scotland Yard.
    No-one from Commercial street station. So no one to pass gossip among the officers, and no available transcript of all the witness testimony.

This was a Scotland Yard case, if you remember, so don't think every officer in the force knew what Scotland Yard knew.
    Last edited by Wickerman; 08-27-2018, 04:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Varqm
    replied
    Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Not least since she actually walked right into Millers Court, where Kelly´s dead body was found, and where Hutchinson stood guard outside, would I say that Lewis should have been mentioned! If Hutchinson had reason to remember but one person, it would be her.
    I agree,somethings wrong with the picture.

---

Leave a comment:

• Varqm
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Who would ask?
    Badham was the one taking the statement, Badham was not at the inquest, so Badham does not know Lewis's story about seeing the loiterer.

Abberline was the one to ask the questions, and that record has not survived.
    It just seems to me you are aiming your objections at the wrong people.
    I'm talking about Abberline's letter,:"and I am of opinion his statement is true".Trying to figure out what was going on at that time the letter was written.

Badham does not know Lewis's story about seeing the loiterer.

How do you know,the inquest finish hour(s) ago?

---

Leave a comment:

• Varqm
    replied
    Abberline letter:

"and I am of opinion his statement is true";

"and he has promised to go with an officer tomorrow morning at 11.30 a.m. to the Shoreditch mortuary to identify the deceased."

why was abberline confident when the witness has not identified the body yet? what if it was a different Kelly/woman? Although he was going to
    an additional "check",witness identifying the body/Kelly,whether this witness was relevant or not.But he got a long way to go,additional checks mentioned in a previous post would have made it surer.

---
    Last edited by Varqm; 08-27-2018, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    I do not understand.Just read Lewis's and Hutch;s testimony and police putting 2 and 2 together.If asked and he said he did not see the woman he is lying,end of story.
    Who would ask?
    Badham was the one taking the statement, Badham was not at the inquest, so Badham does not know Lewis's story about seeing the loiterer.

Abberline was the one to ask the questions, and that record has not survived.
    It just seems to me you are aiming your objections at the wrong people.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    A few years back, Edward Stow traced his tracks, and the result - which should give you a fair picture of his moves - is found here:

https://forum.casebook.org/archive/i...hp/t-6036.html
    Thankyou Christer, funny you should say that. I was on JTRForums yesterday reading Ed's comments on Able Seaman Hutchinson. I found his research interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    If I was the witness (Hutch) I'll easily testify I saw a woman.Nothing to hide.And if a dog passed by I would also include that in the testimony. "I saw a dog passed by a few minutes after the woman went into the court,I called it Chewy,Spotty,it did not respond".

---
    Not least since she actually walked right into Millers Court, where Kelly´s dead body was found, and where Hutchinson stood guard outside, would I say that Lewis should have been mentioned! If Hutchinson had reason to remember but one person, it would be her.

Leave a comment:

• Varqm
    replied
    If I was the witness (Hutch) I'll easily testify I saw a woman.Nothing to hide.And if a dog passed by I would also include that in the testimony. "I saw a dog passed by a few minutes after the woman went into the court,I called it Chewy,Spotty,it did not respond".

---

Leave a comment:

Working...
X