Hutchinsons statement....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
    I think the best one can say about old Hutch is that it is very suspicious that someone came forward and claimed the role of Sarah Lewis's lurking man. Did he know someone had seen him, did he know someone had seen someone?
    If, as others have tried to suggest, Hutchinson obtained (somehow), the story as given by Sarah Lewis, then he also KNEW, that the lurker was described as "not tall, stout, with a black wideawake hat".

You seriously think THAT, is distinctive enough to make Hutchinson come forward?
    Are you serious?
    (the pic is a joke, by the way)

The irony of this weak argument is, that IF Hutchinson did somehow get hold of Lewis's story, then he also KNEW he had no need to come forward.
    The description she gave could fit thousands; no age, no height, no detail of clothing, no facial details like moustache, beard, or hair colour - nothing.
    He can walk away scot free.

Why is it then that Blotchy doesn't come forward?
    Was he married?, maybe had a criminal record, was wanted for some other offense?
    It isn't difficult to come up with a reason.
    Last edited by Wickerman; 05-12-2017, 03:46 PM.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Hello Sam,

I am still not sure of the point that is being made here. Could Hutchinson have been Mary's killer and/or the Ripper? Yes, without a doubt but then so could every single person the police questioned. It would appear that the police cleared him attention to detail and all. Unless we have some hard evidence that the police were in fact fooled I for one have to put my faith in the judgment of the police.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        Hello Sam,

I am still not sure of the point that is being made here. Could Hutchinson have been Mary's killer and/or the Ripper? Yes, without a doubt but then so could every single person the police questioned. It would appear that the police cleared him attention to detail and all. Unless we have some hard evidence that the police were in fact fooled I for one have to put my faith in the judgment of the police.

c.d.
        I wouldn't do that if I were you

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

And it seems it only took a day or so for them to figure out he was full of it.

Ok Abby, we both know the police never made any such claim.

But we also know the Echo, on Nov. 19th, wrote that the police were still on the story.
          "Some of the authorities are inclined to place most reliance upon the statement made by Hutchinson..."

I didn't quote the whole paragraph as I'm sure you are familiar with it.

Then, three weeks later on Dec. 6th, we read of the arrest of Joseph Isaacs, where Abberline's words are mention:
          "It is further stated that the inspector was heard to say to one of his subordinates: "Keep this quiet; we have got the right man at last."

Then, on Dec. 8th, concerning the arrest of Isaacs, we read.

".....whose appearance certainly answered the published description of a man with an astrachan trimming to his coat."

The Hutchinson suspect looks to be front and centre for almost a month.
          And that's the historical record speaking, it will never change.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I wouldn't do that if I were you
            Hello Abby,

Well isn't that the default position until it can be shown definitively that the police were wrong?

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Ok Abby, we both know the police never made any such claim.

But we also know the Echo, on Nov. 19th, wrote that the police were still on the story.
              "Some of the authorities are inclined to place most reliance upon the statement made by Hutchinson..."

I didn't quote the whole paragraph as I'm sure you are familiar with it.

Then, three weeks later on Dec. 6th, we read of the arrest of Joseph Isaacs, where Abberline's words are mention:
              "It is further stated that the inspector was heard to say to one of his subordinates: "Keep this quiet; we have got the right man at last."

Then, on Dec. 8th, concerning the arrest of Isaacs, we read.

".....whose appearance certainly answered the published description of a man with an astrachan trimming to his coat."

The Hutchinson suspect looks to be front and centre for almost a month.
              And that's the historical record speaking, it will never change.
              Well of course there's the statement in the paper that his story was discounted, and a couple of nebulous press stories involving isaacs is hardly front and center.

Comment

Hello Abby,

Well isn't that the default position until it can be shown definitively that the police were wrong?

c.d.
                Wrong about what?

Comment

Wrong about what?
                  Their apparent conclusion that he was not involved in Mary's killing.

c.d.

Comment

Their apparent conclusion that he was not involved in Mary's killing.

c.d.
                    I don't think they even considered it.

Comment

• Hutchinson must have seen Sarah Lewis,the question is, would he have recognised her at a later date.If the answer was yes,then of course it would occur to him that she might also,on sight,at a later date,recognise him.Maybe this was a motivation,after three days of indecision,to come forward.

Comment

• All the more reason for Hutchinson to hi-tail it out of town. Not, walk in the front door of the police station.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• There is only one policeman,Aberline,who comments on the likelihood of Hutchinson telling the truth,and his is an opinion,not a decision accompanied by facts.

Comment

Well of course there's the statement in the paper that his story was discounted, and a couple of nebulous press stories involving isaacs is hardly front and center.
                            The claim of "discredited" was on the 15th, but the police were still looking for Astrachan on the 19th (as in my earlier post).
                            The hunt for Isaacs was two-fold.
                            - Mary Cusins identified him as the tenant who fled on the morning of the murder.
                            - The police believed he may have been responsible for the attack on Annie Farmer on Nov. 21st.
                            So yes, Isaacs was their only named suspect in these murders.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Not at all.Any sudden departure could be reported,especially of someone who had been associated with Kelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
                                There is only one policeman,Aberline,who comments on the likelihood of Hutchinson telling the truth,and his is an opinion,not a decision accompanied by facts.
                                It seems like the score is 1-0 then, unless you can come up with an official opinion against Hutchinson?

Check-mate?
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X