Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we construct a general "face" of JTR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we construct a general "face" of JTR?

Given the eye-witness testimony, is it possible to construct what JTR may have looked like? (Based on the accounts of people who last saw his victims?)

IE, given witness accounts, can we say Jack had a ginger colored mustache, was approximately in his late 20s, and wore a deerstalker cap?

Originally posted by RipperNoob View Post
    Given the eye-witness testimony, is it possible to construct what JTR may have looked like? (Based on the accounts of people who last saw his victims?)

IE, given witness accounts, can we say Jack had a ginger colored mustache, was approximately in his late 20s, and wore a deerstalker cap?
    Nope.

Can't even be sure any of them saw Jack.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

To RipperNoob

There is a Jack the Ripper face compiled from witnesses. If you google Jack the Ripper face I'm sure you will find it.

Cheers John

Comment

Is this the one?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
          Yes that's the one Joshua.

Comment

I would go by the descriptions of Lawende, marshall, Schwartz and possibly PC smith and the anon church street sighting description.

I'm very certain all probably saw the ripper that night as their descriptions seem to corroborate one another. The cincher that ties them all together is the cap with peak.
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

face

Hello RN. Here is a photo of the face seen by Mrs. Long.

Cheers.
              LC
              Attached Files

Comment

I doubt that Jack was rolling in money and sporting an extensive wardrobe. Still you would expect that he would have taken some pains to look and dress differently if at all possible whenever he ventured out with the intent to kill.

c.d.

Comment

Alas, we cannot construct much of anything about the case, because witnesses might be flawed in at least three different ways:

(1) they may be fabricating what they saw
                  (2) they may be honest about what they saw, but did not actually see the killer - their description is of an innocent bystander
                  (3) they may be honest about what they saw, and they did see the killer, but the killer was not "Jack the Ripper"

Recall, many don't believe that Stride was a Ripper victim. Some don't think Kelly was. Lynn Cates, who just posted here, doesn't even believe that Eddowes was a Ripper victim!

If you put a gun to my head and forced me to guess a physical trait of the killer, I would guess that he had light-colored hair with a reddish tinge, because I believe Lawende and Cox both saw the Ripper. But I could easily be wrong about either of them.
                  Last edited by Damaso Marte; 04-19-2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Id go with the mug shot of Aussie George Hutchinson.

broad face and shoulders, mustache-even the weak eyelashes!
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                      Jack the Ripper was Freddie Mercury!

Comment

He's a killer queen

Comment