No announcement yet.

The profession of Jack the Ripper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's because Ms Hercourt is French, with several degrees, the book was originally only available in French.

I don't think Florence was on the first book, but I am happy to be corrected on that

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
      Yes

it was a woman

Sophie Herfort.

there was a thread on this stated by someone who had very poor English, and was extremely arrogant and very rude, they were banned from the site after a mere 35 posts.

steve
      Yup that was it! Thanks for the correction... and Happy New Year

Jeff

Comment

• Yes, there was a discussion about the book on Casebook way back in 2008, which included Simon Wood. Apparently Sophie Herfort has degrees in philosophy and art history and has also studied criminal psychology during "extensive experience in hospitals." And her suspect is Melville Macnaughton-an important Scotland Yard police official.. Erm...for some strange reason I'm beginning to think I might come to regret referring to "Pierre" as a "bearded sociology lecturer."!
        Last edited by John G; 01-02-2016, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
          Yes, there was a discussion about the book on Casebook way back in 2008, which included Simon Wood. Apparently Sophie Herfort has degrees in philosophy and art history and has also studied criminal psychology during "extensive experience in hospitals." Erm...for some reason I'm beginning to think I might come to regret referring to "Pierre" as a "bearded sociology lecturer."!
          John

I must point out, that the person who posted and was banned was not Ms Herfort but a male supporter.

steve

Comment

John

I must point out, that the person who posted and was banned was not Ms Herfort but a male supporter.

steve
            Hi Steve,

Yes, but he seemed to have a very poor grasp of English, although admittedly no where near as bad as my French!

Comment

• Uh-oh,
              Someone's dirty secret got out
              “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

• John

Well the original book was "Jack L''eventreur d'Masqu'e. L'Enquete Definitive"

by Sophie Herfort, it appeared to be written as a play from the posts , I have not read it.

The latest one by Sophie and sister Florence is "Jack the ripper: Scotland Yard knew"

This is certainly given as a play, with historical characters, speaking dialogue by the writers, and apparently solves the subject.

The preface says:
                " it is for you to judge the credibility of this latest official theory, here transposed into a dramatic work. this fruitful investigation has been hailed by critics and approved by expert criminologists from Interpol."

just one question, what makes a theory "official" rather than "unofficial"
                ( I got a copy for my kindle, waste of £1.99i)

If that is what some people think is historic research, I almost understand Pierre's frustration with amateur writers, but as she has plenty of degrees he may not see her as such.

Anyway lets put this theory to bed, After all Pierre has already said at least 3 times that it is not MM

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by JadenCollins View Post
                  Uh-oh,
                  I still can't quite believe that I referred to "Pierre" as a "bearded sociology lecturer", particularly as I've just seen a photograph of Sophie Herfort and she looks really attractive..Oh dear, somebody just shoot me now!

Comment

• Originally posted by JadenCollins View Post
                    Uh-oh,
                    Sorry Jaden there can't be any link there.

its just an interesting look at a senior officer being named in the past, and a brief look at the poor research involved. abit off topic sorry.

John,

well we don't know if Pierre has seen her work. I don't see how his being bearded or not relates to her work.

Pierre has told us anyway at least 3 times its not MM.

he wouldn't mislead us

Steve
                    Last edited by Elamarna; 01-02-2016, 10:04 AM.

Comment

John

by Sophie Herfort, it appeared to be written as a play from the posts , I have not read it.

The latest one by Sophie and sister Florence is "Jack the ripper: Scotland Yard knew"

This is certainly given as a play, with historical characters, speaking dialogue by the writers, and apparently solves the subject.

The preface says:
                      " it is for you to judge the credibility of this latest official theory, here transposed into a dramatic work. this fruitful investigation has been hailed by critics and approved by expert criminologists from Interpol."

If that is what some people think is historic research, I almost understand Pierre's frustration with amateur writers, but as she has plenty of degrees he may not see her as such.

Anyway lets put this theory to bed, After all Pierre has already said at least 3 times that it is not MM

Steve
                      Hi Steve,

Reference to "official"", a metaphorical/allegorical play concerning Jack the Ripper...no, it couldn't be...could it?

Comment

• guys,
                        this thread is becoming very metaphorical itself.
                        can I suggest we get back on topic,

Steve

Comment

Sorry Jaden there can't be any link there.

its just an interesting look at a senior officer being named in the past, and a brief look at the poor research involved. abit off topic sorry.

John,

well we don't know if Pierre has seen her work. I don't see how his being bearded or not relates to her work.

Pierre has told us anyway at least 3 times its not MM.

he wouldn't mislead us

Steve
                          Hi Steve,

Yes, I'm sure Sophie...oops! I mean, "Pierre",wouldn't intentionally mislead us, especially regarding their real name/gender!

Comment

John

The preface says:

Steve
                            Steve, isn't Interpol more of a center for passing police information from one country in Europe to another regarding the whereabouts of wanted fugitives? I don't think it conducts investigations - and if it doesn't, what value are the "expert criminologists from Interpol" and their opinion on crime theories?

Sorry you wasted the nearly two pounds on the kindle of this play.

Jeff

Comment

• Sophie Herfort also believes that the "Dear Boss" letter from September 1888 was genuinely from the killer:

"On sait que près de trois cents lettres ont été revendiquées par l’éventreur, mais seuls quelques-unes sont véritablement de lui. Une spécialement a attiré l’œil de Sophie, elle est datée du 27 septembre. Elle n’a pas été diffusée à la presse et le grand public l’ignorait donc. L’assassin déclarait que la prochaine victime aurait les oreilles tranchées, or Catherine Eddowes a eu une oreille arrachée. Il semble donc que cette lettre a été écrite par le tueur lui-même."

Loosely translated:

We know that nearly three hundred letters were claimed to have been written by the Ripper, but only a few are truly by him. One which particularly caught Sophie's eye is dated 27 September. It was not broadcast to the press and the general public was ignorant of it. The assassin said that the next victim would have her ears clipped and Catherine Eddowes had a torn ear. So it seems that this letter was written by the killer himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                                I still can't quite believe that I referred to "Pierre" as a "bearded sociology lecturer", particularly as I've just seen a photograph of Sophie Herfort and she looks really attractive..Oh dear, somebody just shoot me now!
                                John OMG! DO NOT FALL IN LOVE! IT'S A TRAP! ABORT MISSION!
                                “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

Working...
                                X