Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst suspect

Hi,

People have a lot of theories about JtR-suspects and they have their own favourite suspects.

But if you seriously would suggest the worst or least favourable suspect - a suspect that you wouldn´t like to be JtR - who or what type of JtR would that be and why?

Pierre

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi,

People have a lot of theories about JtR-suspects and they have their own favourite suspects.

But if you seriously would suggest the worst or least favourable suspect - a suspect that you wouldn´t like to be JtR - who or what type of JtR would that be and why?

Pierre
    Am I correct in thinking that you are looking for confirmation of your thoughts about your own suspect...?

Comment

My worst suspects

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
      Hi,

Pierre
      I do not think these suspects are logical or viable:

"Lewis Carroll", Vincent Van Gogh.

I do not want the killer to be either of these suspects:

Francis Thompson, James Maybrick.

I would be very disappointed if any of these people turned out to be The Ripper:

Charles Dickens, George Bernard Shaw, Queen Victoria... And so on.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

I would be very disappointed if any of these people turned out to be The Ripper:

I think we can rule out Dickens as long as we don't believe in zombies. :-)

C4

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          Am I correct in thinking that you are looking for confirmation of your thoughts about your own suspect...?
          No, I only use original sources for that.

But hearing so much about who JtR may be or should have been, I think it could create some balance in the discourse about him to hear who he shouldn´t have been.

Pierre
          Last edited by Pierre; 09-24-2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post

C4
            Where was Thomas James in 1888???? Maybe after channelling Dickens's spirit to, uh, ghost write the ending of The Mystery of Edwin Drood, Ol' Chuck borrowed his body again to kill a couple folks? Because zombies are just ridiculous.
            I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

You "doth protest too much methinks"!

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post

C4

Well, that's why I'd be disappointed, Curious4! ;-) point taken, though...
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

Zombie and Son

Comment

Christopher Marlowe

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

Unless he was well hidden for 18 years, it can't be Dickens, who died (officially) in 1870.

I wouldn't mind if real proof showed it was Maybrick. He seems to have been a real brute toward Florence.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                        Zombie and Son
                        Was it Captain Cuttle, Mr. Toots, or John Carker then??

Comment

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
                          Christopher Marlowe
                          19th Century not 16th Century murdered dramatists. I suppose William Schwenck Gilbert or Dion Boucicourt. Sheridan Knowles?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                            19th Century not 16th Century murdered dramatists. I suppose William Schwenck Gilbert or Dion Boucicourt. Sheridan Knowles?
                            That's why he's such a bad candidate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post

No, I only use original sources for that.
                              But hearing so much about who JtR may be or should have been, I think it could create some balance in the discourse about him to hear who he shouldn´t have been.
                              Pierre please dont think I am being disrespectful, but you have stated on other threads that we would be upset if we knew your suspect. Yet you ask on this thread what would upset us, who would we least want it to be.
                              While I accept this is a good alternative thinking exersize. Can you accept that as you cannot give any information there could be doubts about your motive?

Pat........

Comment

Working...
                              X