Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    Dear Brenda

My understand of the Richard III DNA was that the mDna showed a link from the sisters descendents to the bone. The y chromosome show a break but this was a modern sample from a branch of the plata genes family. There was a break but no way of knowing when. So maybe no a break in rule line.

Anyway that's off topic but obviously interesting to both of us

Regards
    E
    Yes you are correct but that was too much 'splaining for me that moment!

And yes it is a topic I enjoy, love me some Plantagenets! There's a nice thread on here somewhere that got started back before the body was discovered all the way through the genetic testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenda View Post
      Yes you are correct but that was too much 'splaining for me that moment!

And yes it is a topic I enjoy, love me some Plantagenets! There's a nice thread on here somewhere that got started back before the body was discovered all the way through the genetic testing.
      Yes. There was a thread under "Pub Talk" about Richard III and the Car Park. It was a fun kind of thread, as it did go into the investigation and the controversy regarding where the King would end up being buried. As far as I recall the DNA evidence was hardly questionable, and everything fit pretty well, especially when they made (based on the skeleton's skull) that model of what the skull looked like (King Richard, of course). I don't think that there is any real question it is the king.

Back to the rest of this thread.

Jeff

Comment

• I had a dream about the crampon theory last night. It was revealed and there was a large old victorian house that belonged to the family where bags containing remnants of the crimes had been found hidden in the house. There was a brick wall with a name written in blood or red paint the name was "ben" something. There was a also ship where the guy who discovered the killer's identity gave interviews with reporters. He was a flashy author type with sunglasses that had flip up shades. It was a weird dream ha ha

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
          Yes. There was a thread under "Pub Talk" about Richard III and the Car Park. It was a fun kind of thread, as it did go into the investigation and the controversy regarding where the King would end up being buried. As far as I recall the DNA evidence was hardly questionable, and everything fit pretty well, especially when they made (based on the skeleton's skull) that model of what the skull looked like (King Richard, of course). I don't think that there is any real question it is the king.

Back to the rest of this thread.

Jeff
          I invite you to that thread in the pub, then, in which I point out that while the DNA results themselves are fine, the interpretations are not (and the only fact that fit well was the location of the skeleton - and nothing more). DNA really cannot help us with identification in the distant past, not for serial killers, and not for kings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karl View Post
            I invite you to that thread in the pub, then, in which I point out that while the DNA results themselves are fine, the interpretations are not (and the only fact that fit well was the location of the skeleton - and nothing more). DNA really cannot help us with identification in the distant past, not for serial killers, and not for kings.
            Thanks Karl, I'll take a look.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
              I had a dream about the crampon theory last night. It was revealed and there was a large old victorian house that belonged to the family where bags containing remnants of the crimes had been found hidden in the house. There was a brick wall with a name written in blood or red paint the name was "ben" something. There was a also ship where the guy who discovered the killer's identity gave interviews with reporters. He was a flashy author type with sunglasses that had flip up shades. It was a weird dream ha ha
              Wouldn't it be fantastic if there really was an old house with bags hidden away by JTR which were found today! Maybe you're psychic, Rocky!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                Wouldn't it be fantastic if there really was an old house with bags hidden away by JTR which were found today! Maybe you're psychic, Rocky!
                Hi,

I understand that you´d like to let off some steam after the mistake someone made with writing about the "Grampton solution".

Anyway, I find it hard to make jokes about the Ripper case, since I believe I know who he was. I also know that I have to report on my findings when I am finished with this. And that is another thing I don´t find amusing.

At this point I feel certain that this person is the serial murderer we are discussing here. But since feelings have no place in research, I put those aside.

I find it hard to accept that I might be the one who will solve this case. Why me?

I still hope I am wrong.

Regards Pierre

Comment

• Hi Pierre

You mentioned before that your suspect wrote a letter to the editor of two news papers, days before the November 9 attack.

This letter alluded to Mary, the address and the date; and was intended to taunt the police.

I’ve looked on databases for five major London papers (Times, Pall Mall Gazette, Morning Post, London Evening Standard, Daily News) for 4 days before the Kelly murder (ie. November 6 – 9).

While the exercise was an interesting insight into London life in 1888, I didn’t find any letter to the editor with what you were describing.

I’m assuming your letter must have been in one of these papers (as you mentioned you had a digital copy). I can’t find a digital archive for the other major papers – such as Daily Telegraph and Central News Agency.

Do I need to go back further on the above papers ?

You had provided us specific information on this letter, which made me think you were OK if we found it.

My understanding was the letter – on its own – didn’t reveal your suspect’s identify, so you may be OK in letting us see that letter ??

Providing a small piece of your data may help reassure us there is data behind your theory, without you revealing your suspect.

Could this be a useful compromise ?

All the best

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                    Ha yes it raises the question, if the killer kept trophies what happened to them? Did the ripper dispose of them before he died...if someone found them they might not be recognized. I think everyone has premonition dreams sometimes, doubt if this is one though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                      Hi,

I understand that you´d like to let off some steam after the mistake someone made with writing about the "Grampton solution".

Anyway, I find it hard to make jokes about the Ripper case, since I believe I know who he was. I also know that I have to report on my findings when I am finished with this. And that is another thing I don´t find amusing.

At this point I feel certain that this person is the serial murderer we are discussing here. But since feelings have no place in research, I put those aside.

I find it hard to accept that I might be the one who will solve this case. Why me?

I still hope I am wrong.

Regards Pierre
                      Rosella this post is hysterical, this guy is clearly a merrie melodie. I wouldn't trust this guy to put on my underpants, let alone solve a case. And I think the crampon solution could very well be just some people annoyed with pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig H View Post
                        Hi Pierre

You mentioned before that your suspect wrote a letter to the editor of two news papers, days before the November 9 attack.

This letter alluded to Mary, the address and the date; and was intended to taunt the police.

I’ve looked on databases for five major London papers (Times, Pall Mall Gazette, Morning Post, London Evening Standard, Daily News) for 4 days before the Kelly murder (ie. November 6 – 9).

While the exercise was an interesting insight into London life in 1888, I didn’t find any letter to the editor with what you were describing.

I’m assuming your letter must have been in one of these papers (as you mentioned you had a digital copy). I can’t find a digital archive for the other major papers – such as Daily Telegraph and Central News Agency.

You had provided us specific information on this letter, which made me think you were OK if we found it.

My understanding was the letter – on its own – didn’t reveal your suspect’s identify, so you may be OK in letting us see that letter ??

Providing a small piece of your data may help reassure us there is data behind your theory, without you revealing your suspect.

All the best

Craig
                        Hello Craig.
                        You may consider other newspapers. One of his references was the Freemans Journal (Ireland) in reference to the Lord Mayors Show. I have been reading the dailies, and it has a much different perspective, esp. re. Ch. Warren.
                        there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                          Hi,

I still hope I am wrong.

Regards Pierre
                          Why you? Why YOU? Because you're a talented and principled researcher, Pierre! THAT'S why you. Heavy is the head that wears the crown, my friend. Bear this burden. See it through. For the victims.......For all of us. God speed.

Comment

• Rocky agree 100%.

I have been wondering the same thing about the "solution ". Particularly given that Pinkmoon started that spoof thread in pub talk.

Whatever is going on is causing great damage to this forum I fear.

For all the rest of you. PLEASE stop playing games.

Regards to all

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig H View Post
                              Hi Pierre

All the best

Craig
                              Hi Craig,

You don´t need to go back any further on the above papers.

Regards Pierre

Comment

• ^ How many more months to go before Pierre can lay down his burden and change history? I can barely contain my excitement.

Comment

Working...
                                X