I think I have found him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
    Man... nothing good comes out of H-Town. Or WashCo generally. Now I'm not sure I want to go.
    Cmon shaggy
    we can visit Poes memorial and drink some brandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      we've got a "b" now!!!!

does anyone know who "b" is? LOL!!!!
      Tom Wescott has..I believe. . the info on both b and p. It's up to him if he wants to share it though. ☺

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        Cmon shaggy
        we can visit Poes memorial and drink some brandy
        Seriously... who can say no to a good brandy? Honestly... unlike most on this thread that's a real question.

I need to know how much they're demanding for admission... Need to know how many organs I have to sell.
        I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
          Tom Wescott has..I believe. . the info on both b and p. It's up to him if he wants to share it though. ☺

Phil
          and now a "p"!!!
          getting closerrrrrrr.....

wait. BP. those are my initials...was it me???

Comment

Hey, I think it's time to start a Grampton thread!

Comment

Phil

Lowercase 'b' and upper case 'P' sometimes with an umlaut, if we're to be correct. And no, Phil, I don't think the team would want me discussing this yet.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
                I haven't engaged much on this research of yours, Pierre. Frankly, I hope it's credible, interesting, and leads to much debate.

However, I'll join the chorus and echo the thoughts of those who've speculated that all of this will lead to nothing whatsoever. As has been observed, we've seen this many times before. It's not new. Yet here you are, repeatedly attempting to bait the hook, offering nothing, defending yourself even as you've given no detail. In the end, it's all very odd.

Your approach reminds me very much of experiences I've had over the years on a few other boards where members of another - very different - subculture gather to share information. A few years ago I was active and competing in Olympic style weightlifting. I posted on a few boards. Lifters shared training experiences, injury recovery tips, all that. We had debates with respect to technique, form, how best to prep for a meet, all that. Many of us knew one another, hanging out at meets around the country/world. Like Ripperology, Olympic lifting is not a mainstream pursuit (at least hear in the states).

Invariably, a newcomer would pop up and claim to be a guru, training some new phenomenon who was going to take the world by storm and win the Olympics for the next 12 years. Someone - always under an alias - would begin posting that they'd made huge lifts in training and were going to unleash themselves on we pitiful also-rans and the next big meet. Yet, it never happened. There was always some injury, or tragedy that kept them from showing up. These posters were easy to identify. Grand pronouncements and claims ("I snatched 200kg in training yesterday!") coming from someone no one knew and who refused to be identified, sharing information that was unverifiable.

Thus, I began offering a reward to those who made such claims. $500 to anyone who could make 75% of a claimed lift in the training hall a few days before a meet (that percentage is less than what a lifter will take in training in the days leading up to competition). Not only did no one claim the money, no one ever even showed-up to make an attempt, even though the task was quite simple. For example. A fellow 105kg (230lbs) lifter once claimed that he was planning to clean and jerk 190kg (418lbs) for his OPENER at a meet in FABULOUS Las Vegas. That's not an outlandish claim, but it was plain to me that this fellow was full of something other than protein and steroids. So, I made my offer. $500 if he made 142.5kg (313.5lbs) at the training hall on Wednesday (meet day was Saturday). If he's making anywhere near 190kg in training, 142.5 would be - to put it mildly - a joke, literally his third or fourth warm-up on a moderate training day. EASY MONEY.

As expected, our man was a no-show. He made a few posts about an injury but soon was gone, never to be heard from again. Sadly, I expect something similar here, once you get bored. I hope to be proven wrong. It will be the first time.
                Hi Patrick,

Thank you.

Sorry to hear about your experiences.

I am only interested in science within the fields of history and social studies.

The only way I can make you disappointed is by telling you the name of the murderer or not when I am finished with this.

Regards Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
                  Seriously... who can say no to a good brandy? Honestly... unlike most on this thread that's a real question.

I need to know how much they're demanding for admission... Need to know how many organs I have to sell.
                  C'mon, Shaggy. Abby and i will find where you live and drag you kickin and screaming. Dont worry about admission. We'll sneak you in. Tell them that you are Pierre.
                  there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• After all that has gone on in last 2 days, part of me still wonders if this not all some elaborate leg-pull.

i would hate to think that, but you never know.

if it is on the level we have a asylum/care/rest home, probably private.
                    2 individuals so far, one being at said home in 1889. Apparently there is some religious connection with him, be that his occupation or faith. one assumes this is significant, but can we be sure after all the leads and hints.

just sit back and wait

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                      Lowercase 'b' and upper case 'P' sometimes with an umlaut, if we're to be correct. And no, Phil, I don't think the team would want me discussing this yet.
                      There is still a Non-Disclosure Order in place. Some people are sailing very close to the wind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purkis View Post
                        There is still a Non-Disclosure Order in place. Some people are sailing very close to the wind.
                        I think you mean the sun. you know like Icarus.

Comment

Hello Chris 23rd UK,

The manor house was , as far as I am aware, named after the The third Earl back in the 1680's..who lost the title after a rather naughty evening with one of Cromwell relations.
                          Can't for he life of me remember the name though. Perhaps others may know.

Phil
                          Hope he enjoyed himself, considering the cost of his title.

Comment

• Yup!

Originally posted by Brenda View Post
                            Hey, I think it's time to start a Grampton thread!
                            I found a William Grampton in London in 1880 who was a carman-- any connection to Cross/Lechmere, do we think?
                            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                            ---------------
                            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                            ---------------

Comment

• That's him. I reckon he was our man..HA.

Comment

Working...
                              X