I think I have found him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
    A little joking shouldn't be a problem but... yeah... some get vicious. There's a bunch of threads lately that should be interesting but instead get tuned out because some are, um, let's say overenthusiastic in their arguments. Nothing says learned discourse like the need to pound someone repeatedly online.
    Ha, ha....... "overenthusiatic", well there's a tactful euphemism! Untactful = anoraks who need to get out more, with an obsessive compulsive Ripper theory on the brain who would thump you in the face through their computer screen. If they could.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
      On a serious note...and if casebook admin are listening

I wonder if sometimes a simple LIKE buton or DISLIKE button might save the casebook ... traffic.. lots of simple time and band width?

I know the Facebook method isn't always preferable but sometimes...AND LIKE THIS POST...a simple LIKE would save a lot of time.. or DISLIKE for that matter?

Just an idea

Yours Jef

Hey, you're talking sense. Too many dislikes and you are fired a la Alan Sugar?

Comment

• Originally posted by EmaEm View Post
        You said it had been proved through dna. That claim was scientically disproved over a year ago. Maybe you get your Ripper information from The Daily Mail.
        That's not at all what I said. I said that Kosminski was apparently fingered by dna tests. If you read my original post correctly I clearly implicated that this isn't so.
        Btw, it hasn't been conclusively disproved that Kosminski's dna was on the shawl. The Finnish scientist who oversaw the procedures admitted having made a grave calculation mistake and grossly overestimated the probability that the mitochondrial dna they managed to extract from the shawl might've come from Kosminski. He corrected himself and said according to his new calculations the dna could be almost anyone's - which doesn't completely eliminate Kosminski. There's still a chance that he was indeed JtR. The deplorable shawl episode doesn't change that one way or the other.
        Sorry about my deplorable English, btw. As I said in one of my earlier posts I'm from Germany.

Comment

Let's face it, JtR will never be found, but what is interesting is new research.
          I've known who Jack the Ripper was for over 8 years.

Truth is,the arrogant "know it alls" are not interested.

For the moment two well known members of this and another site have the information in front of them.

There is no major part of the case that I cannot link this guy to.

Everything fits.

I can assure you that Pierre is wrong.

That basket case is closed.
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
            Mind you, Hercule, he did post in the JUWES thread yesterday with the title of his post being "I think I have solved this." So he does seem to have widened his scope.

Personally, he doesn't bother me at all, so I agree with your general philosophy, and I recall Admin's advice was to ignore his threads if he raises the blood pressure, but one can't ignore him if he posts in other threads (which he does!).

Maybe the Admin should tell him to write his "I think I have solved this", in his profile signature and come back in a year with his 'case closed' thread. In the meantime, he should keep the cover tight on his JTR hotpot and participate in the discussions like the others do.

I'm trying to imagine what Einstein's collegues would say if he kept telling them "I got this equation 'E= Mxsomething' that will explain everything, but I still can't figure out the 'something' part. I'll get back to you in a year. Hope I'm wrong and that it will explain nothing." They would lock him up in a rubber walled room. LOL

Respectfully yours

Hercule Poirot

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

For the moment two well known members of this and another site have the information in front of them.

Everything fits.

Don't you think it's fair to say that everyone who has a preferred suspect feels just as convinced as you do?

You can't all be right.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
                On a serious note...and if casebook admin are listening

I wonder if sometimes a simple LIKE buton or DISLIKE button might save the casebook ... traffic.. lots of simple time and band width?

I know the Facebook method isn't always preferable but sometimes...AND LIKE THIS POST...a simple LIKE would save a lot of time.. or DISLIKE for that matter?
                Those get abused all the time on other some sites when they hide comments after being down voted/disliked so many times. It would make finding posts that about some suspects and theories nearly impossible to find or get a discussion on them going. Not even mentioning folks who would consistently down other posters just because they don't like them. Not aimed at anyone specifically but it looks like there is a fair amount of grudge holding among some camps.
                It's fine in theory but in practice not so much. Every other post would be "Hidden Due to Down Voting" on here.
                I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                  Don't you think it's fair to say that everyone who has a preferred suspect feels just as convinced as you do?

You can't all be right.
                  You ain't seen the facts.

You are still convinced a gas lamp three doors down from Miller's Court would light the entrance

So which one do you prefer......the one in jail,in America,Scotland,hospital,etc.

They are just pathetic jokes.

Cross/Lechmere....crikey,what a laugh.

Comment

Everything fits.

Well, who is it then? With respect how can you prove it without dna evidence which will never be available?

Comment

Well, who is it then? With respect how can you prove it without dna evidence which will never be available?
                      Honestly,ya gonna have to wait for the movie.

Circumstantial evidence will outweigh any need for DNA.

Comment

• The scientist is on record stating that he told the author and publisher quite clearly that Mtrdna could not be pinpointed to one person. They both ignored him. Further discovered miscalculations in the mtrdna just tweak the percentages and are not that relevant. Even if they could have found Kosminski's nuclear dna on the shawl it proves nothing. Not even that he was just a client. It certainly does not prove he was a murderer or even JtR.

Comment

You ain't seen the facts.

You are still convinced a gas lamp three doors down from Miller's Court would light the entrance

So which one do you prefer......the one in jail,in America,Scotland,hospital,etc.

They are just pathetic jokes.

Cross/Lechmere....crikey,what a laugh.

There is absolutely no way to prove how much lighting there was (and what anyone said) unless you were there.

Are you a time traveller?

Comment

Circumstantial evidence? From 1888? Are you trying to be funny? In fact are you even au fait with basic law?

Comment

I, for one, can not wait to trash your suspect AND the technical merits of your movie.
                              I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

There is absolutely no way to prove how much lighting there was (and what anyone said) unless you were there.
                                If you read the correct newspaper article and know which numbers contained the different types of accommodation,the light was a minimum of three doors away.

You have butted into a friendly joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X