Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telegraph boys

Hello Mr. B.

"And the incident with the choirboy was a pure fiction dreamt up by the gutter press."

Oh, sure. But the telegraph boys? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Fish thinks so, but if he is wrong it really hurts his hypothesis.
      And why would you predispose such a thing, Gut? It would all depend on where the entrance was, if it wasn´t in Eldon Street - which it apparently was.

The best,
      Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
        And why would you predispose such a thing, Gut? It would all depend on where the entrance was, if it wasn´t in Eldon Street - which it apparently was.

The best,
        Fisherman
        Because I knew you'd bite!
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
          G'day Gut,

Yes, I remember the discussion now. A lot of sound and fury over nothing if you ask me. It's not like the alternative routes are miles different in terms of distance. To my mind, familiarity, simplicity and safety would be just as important considerations as a few yards here or there.

From Hanbury Street, for instance, he would most likely have continued straight along Brushfield Street, avoiding the more complicated and slightly longer (according to my map) 'short cut' along the most dangerous street in London. Unless he was heading for Skinner Street when he would have gone via Lamb St. and Spital Sq..

I really am puzzled as to why we have to have Lech actually walking down Dorset Street each morning to support his candidacy as Kelly's killer. Isn't it just as likely that he bumped into her in Commercial Street somewhere?

MrB
          This is interesting. You now lay down as fact that we have to have Lewchmere walking down Dorset Street every morning to support his candidacy as Kelly´s killer.

But nobody has said that, not at any stage. It has always been proposed that Lechmere did NOT only use one route, but instead varied in his choices, sometimes taking Hanbury Street, and other times taking Old Montague Street.

When he used the Hanbury Street route, he could leave Hanbury Street at a couple of places and cut through the streets inbetween Hanbury and Old Montague.

The general idea would be that he took advantage of whatever prey came along, no matter if it happened in Dorset Street, Hanbury Street or Buck´s Row. Or, for that matter, Commercial Street. However, Commercial Street travels from north to south, and Lechmere would have travelled at a ninety degree angle to that. That means that he would be a lot more prone to use street that took him in an east-westernly direction. The logic is obvious.

Apart from that, we do not know how much time he afforded himself if he set out to kill. It could have been enough to expand in many directions, taking him away from the main trails to Broad Street. We can´t know.

The one thing that is interesting is that we can easily see that if he used the trails that offered themselves as the best choices to get him quickly to job, then Tabram, Nichols, Chapman and Kelly were all killed on or directly alongside these trails.

Somehow, you earlier managed to claim that saying this on my part was to paint myself into a corner, which is something that I find a bit hard to take on board. I consider the geographical distribution of the murder sites and the coupling with the logical trails to Broad Street a major breakthrough. I always though that when we can see a total correlation inbetween these things and timings that seemingly correspond roughly too, then we have found something of the utmost importance.
          If we look at the Robert Black case, for instance, we can see how the police established that he had visited petrol stations close by the places where girls had been abducted and disappeared, and that was what clinched it for the police - they knew they had their man.
          Once this has happens in a case that went down 126 years ago, it is nothing short of amazing that we can do the same with a suspect from back then. Michael Connor pointed to the correlation, but he couldn´t make Stride and Eddowes make sense.
          Once Lechmere´s prehistory and his mother´s place were picked up on by Edward, it suddenly made all the sense in the world.

And the verdict? We are painting ourselves into a corner. Anyone could have had reason to go to those places at those times.

That´s why I am saying that Ripperland is the land behind the mirror.

Sorry if I got carried away, Mr Barnett. But we need to get these things correct.

The best,
          Fisherman
          Last edited by Fisherman; 10-18-2014, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Because I knew you'd bite!
            Aha. And now that I did, what´s your next move?

The best,
            Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              Hello Mr. B.

"And the incident with the choirboy was a pure fiction dreamt up by the gutter press."

Oh, sure. But the telegraph boys? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
              LC
              Hello Lynn,

Forgeries all!

MrB

Comment

This is interesting. You now lay down as fact that we have to have Lewchmere walking down Dorset Street every morning to support his candidacy as Kelly´s killer.

But nobody has said that, not at any stage. It has always been proposed that Lechmere did NOT only use one route, but instead varied in his choices, sometimes taking Hanbury Street, and other times taking Old Montague Street.

When he used the Hanbury Street route, he could leave Hanbury Street at a couple of places and cut through the streets inbetween Hanbury and Old Montague.

The general idea would be that he took advantage of whatever prey came along, no matter if it happened in Dorset Street, Hanbury Street or Buck´s Row. Or, for that matter, Commercial Street. However, Commercial Street travels from north to south, and Lechmere would have travelled at a ninety degree angle to that. That means that he would be a lot more prone to use street that took him in an east-westernly direction. The logic is obvious.

Apart from that, we do not know how much time he afforded himself if he set out to kill. It could have been enough to expand in many directions, taking him away from the main trails to Broad Street. We can´t know.

The one thing that is interesting is that we can easily see that if he used the trails that offered themselves as the best choices to get him quickly to job, then Tabram, Nichols, Chapman and Kelly were all killed on or directly alongside these trails.

Somehow, you earlier managed to claim that saying this on my part was to paint myself into a corner, which is something that I find a bit hard to take on board. I consider the geographical distribution of the murder sites and the coupling with the logical trails to Broad Street a major breakthrough. I always though that when we can see a total correlation inbetween these things and timings that seemingly correspond roughly too, then we have found something of the utmost importance.
                If we look at the Robert Black case, for instance, we can see how the police established that he had visited petrol stations close by the places where girls had been abducted and disappeared, and that was what clinched it for the police - they knew they had their man.
                Once this has happens in a case that went down 126 years ago, it is nothing short of amazing that we can do the same with a suspect from back then. Michael Connor pointed to the correlation, but he couldn´t make Stride and Eddowes make sense.
                Once Lechmere´s prehistory and his mother´s place were picked up on by Edward, it suddenly made all the sense in the world.

And the verdict? We are painting ourselves into a corner. Anyone could have had reason to go to those places at those times.

That´s why I am saying that Ripperland is the land behind the mirror.

Sorry if I got carried away, Mr Barnett. But we need to get these things correct.

The best,
                Fisherman
                No need to apologise, Fish. Your dogged support for your guy is commendable.

MrB

Comment

No need to apologise, Fish. Your dogged support for your guy is commendable.
                  With "supporters" like Fish, who needs prosecution attorneys?
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                    Same here! Probably Cadosch was the nearest witness to an actual murder by Jack and only heard a word "No!"
                    Second only to Mrs Long, who minutes before had heard the victim say "Yes!". Poor Annie Chapman... indecisive to the end
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      Second only to Mrs Long, who minutes before had heard the victim say "Yes!". Poor Annie Chapman... indecisive to the end
                      It's just all slotted into place - the killer was Michael Miles!

Comment

With "supporters" like Fish, who needs prosecution attorneys?
                        Actually, I am not one of the fanatics when it comes to Lechmere. They all congregate on the defense side.

The best,
                        Fisherman
                        Last edited by Fisherman; 10-18-2014, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Actually, I am not one of the fanatics when it comes to Lechmere. They all congregate on the defense side.

The best,
                          Fisherman
                          BTW, Fish, when is the documentary being aired?

I hear they used those little camera drones to fly above the streets of Whitechapel following Lech's routes.

MrB

Comment

Well, they have a good case
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Well, they have a good case
                              On what do you base that misconception? What is it you think clears Lechmere? Or is it more a case of you thinking there is not enough in it to convict him?

The best,
                              Fisherman

Comment

BTW, Fish, when is the documentary being aired?

I hear they used those little camera drones to fly above the streets of Whitechapel following Lech's routes.

MrB
                                Sounds captivating. I´m afraid I haven´t any answers for you, though.

The best,
                                Fisherman

Comment

Working...
                                X