Suspect battle: Cross/Lechmere vs. Hutchinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
    Ah but Hutchinson, he lived, perhaps, in the Victoria Home, so we can take it as a racing certainty that he would know all the streets within a mile radius and would have patrolled those streets in the small hours. The fact that we only know he walked down Whitechapel Road from Romford and up Commercial Street should tell us that he also must have known Berner Street. It is obvious that he can plausibly be placed in all the streets.
    And after all he said he knew Kelly for three years so he must have visited her at Breezer's Hill. Must have!
    I don't doubt that Hutch was proficient with a knife - wasn't everyone in those days?
    He placed himself quite close to Kelly on the morning of her death? Can any other suspect he placed by himself so close to a victim? Credible suspect I mean?
    We known he was interrogated by Abberline but that idiot cannot have really satisfied himself as to Hutch's bona fides.
    We know he wandered the streets on the night in question. That would be the best option for a murderer anyway as the police would never stop and search someone wandering the streets after a murder and he would not have been worried about wandering the streets after committing his crimes as he knew that he would have no blood on him that would be visible if he was stopped.
    It is obvious that Hutchinson was one of those serial killers who likes to insert himself in the investigation, and also go running to the press and accompany the police on their enquiries to attract attention. This is typical serial killer behaviour.
    Alternatively he felt compelled to come forward as Lewis saw him loitering - even though not a single press or police report connects him to Lewis's loiterer.
    And there is no way that Toppy was Hutch as Toppy was 'first' mentioned in a book that wasn't very good, and Toppy became a plumber so there is no way that he could have been a labourer in 1888, even though his father and uncle also started out as labourers and became plumbers - that is irrelevant.
    And of course he had free access in and out at any time of the day to the Victoria Home where he could eat body parts in the communal kitchen unnoticed. Yum yum.
    Case closed.
    All this post proves is how little is known about hutch. That doesn't mean more circumstantial evidence won't come to light. Yes there is circumstantial evidence for Lechmere but you certainly haven't proved he's the ripper like Edwards proved Koz

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Least sensible post I've ever read.
      Hi Gut,

I put it down to shawl envy.

MrB

Comment

Fisherman that is utter stuff and nonsense. Fancy trying to build a speculative case 126 yeas after the crime in such a manner? It is impermissible, for Cross (as he must be called) anyway - although wild flights of fancy are allowed for other much better suspects.
        And Cable Street was more like 200 yards from the arch in Pinchin Street.

Comment

Fisherman that is utter stuff and nonsense. Fancy trying to build a speculative case 126 yeas after the crime in such a manner? It is impermissible, for Cross (as he must be called) anyway - although wild flights of fancy are allowed for other much better suspects.
          And Cable Street was more like 200 yards from the arch in Pinchin Street.
          Sorry. I let my imagination run away with me. It wonīt happen again.

Fisherman

Comment

Rocky
            Virtually nothing is known about Hutch - particularly if you refuse to accept he was Toppy. Which means that anything can be made up out of the blue. That is how Ripperology prefer things.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
              Sorry. I let my imagination run away with me. It wonīt happen again.

Fisherman
              I think we are all suffering from delusions.

The cats' meat business in 1891 was being carried out from 18 , St George Street, even further from the Pinchin Street arch.

Did Mrs F never live in Pinchin Street? I wonder where I got that from?

MrB

Comment

. Which means that anything can be made up out of the blue. That is how Ripperology prefer things.
                Ed, that`ll be Suspect Ripperology that you refer to.

Comment

But the Pinchin Street Torso wasn't fund in 1891.

Mrs F lived in Pinchin Street in 1881 and as Mrs C also lived there with CC but it was called T Street in 1861.

Jon - no all in virtually aspects of Ripperology things are made up out of the blue. There doesn't have to be a suspect involved. Take a look at Goulston Street as just one example.

Comment

Jon - no all in virtually aspects of Ripperology things are made up out of the blue. There doesn't have to be a suspect involved. Take a look at Goulston Street as just one example.
                    What example do you refer to regarding Goulston Street ?
                    I bet it can be somehow traced back to someone trying to push a suspect by ignoring, stretching or overplaying known facts.

Comment

Yeah he must have been a look out.
                      If Hutch went to Romford it must have been to visit Crossingham as no one ever goes to Romford unless they are visiting Crossingham and it is clear these murders were put on by the lords of the lodging houses for their own entertainment (or as a turf war) and they made all the witnesses keep schtum.
                      Because the Ripper crimes were very similar to the usual run of brawls that turn nasty that inevitably happen in places like a late Victorian Lodging House in a poor quarter of town. Weren't they? They were not unusual in their savagery were they?
                      Is this more irony? Or have you found the true faith at last?

As far as I know, Crossingham didn't move to Romford until around 1900. But of course, then as now, Romford had plenty to offer a penniless young man about town. Especially in 1888 when the river Rom broke its banks and flooded the brewery. The streets were literally flowing with free booze.

I have a rather amusing image extolling the virtues of the town at the time (approx), but I don't know how to load it onto Casebook.

MrB

Comment

It'd probably be more useful to look at Stephen Maywood if you were after a personal contact in Romford. He lived in the area all his life - except for in those few 1880's years when he hung out in the East End.

That's all.

Except that it's illuminating to note that a Hutch 'debate' can apparently run without any input from the so-called Hutchinsonians.

I see that he's ahead in the poll, too. Well done him.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                          I think we are all suffering from delusions.

The cats' meat business in 1891 was being carried out from 18 , St George Street, even further from the Pinchin Street arch.

Did Mrs F never live in Pinchin Street? I wonder where I got that from?

MrB
                          Delusions? Joseph Forsdike died on December 10, 1889. He was listed as living at 147 Cable Street on his death certificate.

The Pinchin Street torso was found exactly three months earlier, on September 10, 1889.

Maria Louisa, Charlesīmother, was listed as a catīs meat woman in 1891. She may therefore have been a catīs meat woman in 1889 too, living at that time at 147 Cable Street.

Iīm not sure where you got the delusion bit from.

The best,
                          Fisherman

Comment

Jon
                            Theories abound, about the graffiti, about the apron, about the letters, about the role of the police, about the nature of the press, about the social conditions in the East End, and so on and so on - sometimes in support of a suspect sometimes in support of a pet hobbyhorse.

Comment

No Hutchinsonians? Well you're here now Sally.

Comment

Jon
                                Theories abound, about the graffiti, about the apron, about the letters, about the role of the police, about the nature of the press, about the social conditions in the East End, and so on and so on - sometimes in support of a suspect sometimes in support of a pet hobbyhorse.
                                Surely, that should be opinions rather than theories
                                Which is a tad different.

Comment

Working...
                                X