What if The Ripper was a woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if The Ripper was a woman?

Has anyone ever considered that there's a possibility that it could've been a woman? I know it's farfetched, and there are facts proving otherwise but if I was living back then, being poor and middle aged and my husband would cheat on me with one or more of those women. I'd totally take revenge. And I've read the letters that have been sent to the police, and if it was really that person, it seems like a feminine handwriting.
    “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

"Has anyone ever considered that there's a possibility that it could've been a woman?"

Yes, in several different possible scenarios including a back alley abortionist.

"if I was living back then, being poor and middle aged and my husband would cheat on me with one or more of those women. I'd totally take revenge."

Most of the victims were a pretty sorry sight. They were themselves middle aged and extremely poor. Most had alcohol problems which had in turn created many of their economic woes. At least two were chronically/terminally ill. They were generally not seductresses tempting men away from hearth and home. Most of them at least attempted to earn a living outside the sex trade. Mary Jane Kelly is the exception to just about all these, except the extremely poor part.

"And I've read the letters that have been sent to the police, and if it was really that person, it seems like a feminine handwriting."

Everyone wrote like that back in the day. Penmanship was actually taught/studied. None of the letters which are considered to be possibly from JtR have particularly feminine handwriting and the 'From Hell' letter is aggressively masculine.

Another reason that a woman killer is unlikely is that the women were found in areas 'for business' which means they were probably with a punter who would have been male.

Comment

"Another reason that a woman killer is unlikely is that the women were found in areas 'for business' which means they were probably with a punter who would have been male."

I don't agree on that, so what if it was that sorta area, there weren't only men there, trust me. A woman is perfectly capable of going in diguise, not only that, but a woman walking around that neighbourhood at that time, men would see her as one of the others.
      “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

So this hypothetical wronged, middle aged, poor woman was also a master of disguise? She was so good at pretending to be a male that she could solicit business from a prostitute without the other woman noticing that she was female?

Could she have worn men's clothing? Certainly. Could she have adopted the walk and mannerisms of a man and spoken in a masculine voice? Unlikely unless she had really studied and practiced. Once we get to the point that this hypothetical wronged woman is studying male-impersonation and dressing in drag to kill fairly random street walkers.....we have reached a level of sociopathy that makes her cheating husband superfluous.

Comment

Working...
        X