Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a doctor was responsible for the murders.......................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a doctor was responsible for the murders.......................

Hi All

I just thought if a Dr was responsible for the murders, why would he commit the crimes?

A theory about the organ s. As I understand, endoctrine glands the thyroid, pancress, ovaries and adrenal glands (situated above the kidney) were used for transplantation in the 1880s. Could this be a possible reason for attacking some of these specfic areas on the victims bodies? It could exlplain the 'careful' extraction of the kidney on Eddowes and the missing reproductive organs on some of the other victims.

Or maybe these organs were targeted so the Dr s could better understand certain medical conditions. After all the 1800s was the start of medical advances
    Last edited by Natasha; 08-02-2014, 12:10 PM.

Hello Natasha,

Are you saying that they were doing organ transplants in 1888?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
      Hello Natasha,

Are you saying that they were doing organ transplants in 1888?

c.d.
      Yes. The idea was conceived in the 1880s, I never said it was a complete success, but the idea was definitely conceived in the 1880s The organs I mentioned in my post were the starting points for the Dr s they also used testes

Comment

Hello Natasha,

Sorry, but I can't buy the idea that "Jack" was a methodical doctor eviscerating women in the name of SCIENCE. Whoever performed these murders was clearly a very angry individual whose actions are suggestive of a grudge against the opposite sex or at least a certain kind of woman. How do you explain the facial mutilations of Eddowes & Kelly?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Hello Natasha,

Sorry, but I can't buy the idea that "Jack" was a methodical doctor eviscerating women in the name of SCIENCE. Whoever performed these murders was clearly a very angry individual whose actions are suggestive of a grudge against the opposite sex or at least a certain kind of woman. How do you explain the facial mutilations of Eddowes & Kelly?
          Hi Harry

I am not 100% on this either, I just find it unusual that a serial killer took away reproduction organs. Most serial killers do indeed take trophies, but they always appear to be objects no body parts. If the ripper was a cannibal then it would make sense to take organs away to eat, maybe he drank blood that could explain the lack of blood at the scene as well

Comment

Ihave dealt eh those valid concerns here:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Harves.../dp/B00LNYU6JW
            David Andersen
            Author of 'BLOOD HARVEST'
            (My Hunt for Jack The Ripper)

Comment

Originally posted by David Andersen View Post
              Ihave dealt eh those valid concerns here:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Harves.../dp/B00LNYU6JW
              Hi David

Will have to read that, thanks

Comment

mutilations

Hello Natasha. Interesting idea.

If the organs were targeted, why all the other mutilations?

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

anger

Hello Harry. Why angry?

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Hi Lynn & Harry

I am not sure about the mutilations, but it is worth pointing out that Syphilis affected the nose and maybe the killer was trying to point out that these women were worthless, people would then assume a doctor was not involved. Maybe the killer wanted to make it look like someone with no medical knowledge committed the crimes.

Comment

targeting

Hello Natasha. Thanks.

"it is worth pointing out that Syphilis affected the nose and maybe the killer was trying to point out that these women were worthless, people would then assume a doctor was not involved."

OK, then why was the nose not targeted before Kate?

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                        Hello Natasha. Thanks.

"it is worth pointing out that Syphilis affected the nose and maybe the killer was trying to point out that these women were worthless, people would then assume a doctor was not involved."

OK, then why was the nose not targeted before Kate?

Cheers.
                        LC
                        Hi Lynn

To be honest, I'm not sure, but maybe someone was getting suspicious about the possible involvement of Drs, and the ripper had to make the killings appear more clumsy and less likely that a Dr had done it.
                        If a Dr did do it, and was making it look like someone else had done it, then I think the facial mutilations would then appear irrelevant (not a significant symbolic reason) and were just a way of diverting unwanted attention

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                          Hello Harry. Why angry?

Cheers.
                          LC
                          Hey Lynn,

If not anger, then what was Jack's motive? These didn't appear to be sexually motivated crimes. The manner in which the women were eviscerated and the targeting of the genital areas implies to me that Jack was pursuing a vendetta against the drabs of Whitechapel... probably for giving him syphilis.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                            Hey Lynn,

If not anger, then what was Jack's motive? These didn't appear to be sexually motivated crimes. The manner in which the women were eviscerated and the targeting of the genital areas implies to me that Jack was pursuing a vendetta against the drabs of Whitechapel... probably for giving him syphilis.
                            Hi Harry

How do you know they were not sexually motivated? Although he never left semen at the scenes the Yorkshire ripper peter sutcliffe's crimes were sexually motivated.

Although as you say JTR may have contracted syphilis, but as I have wrote in another thread, people mutilated faces to avoid sexual desire. Maybe JTR was disgusted that he felt sexual desire for these women.

Comment

sure

Hello Natasha. Thanks.

I think it is difficult to be sure about any of this. Well spoke.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Working...
                              X