No announcement yet.

For those who don't believe in "JTR"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murders involving dismemberment, such as the "torso murders" spanned a much wider territory and timespan and were likely perpetrated for a variety of reasons, from personal - as in the Harriett Lane case to even getting rid of evidence if a botched abortion turned fatal.

All of these murders were evidently committed in a more controlled environment than most of the WMs - Miller's Court and Pinchin Street being the obvious exceptions.
    Best Wishes,
    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
      Murders involving dismemberment, such as the "torso murders" spanned a much wider territory and timespan and were likely perpetrated for a variety of reasons, from personal - as in the Harriett Lane case to even getting rid of evidence if a botched abortion turned fatal.

All of these murders were evidently committed in a more controlled environment than most of the WMs - Miller's Court and Pinchin Street being the obvious exceptions.
      Hi Cris,
      While I would wholeheartedly agree about torso type murders pre 87 and post 89 and years apart with nothing in common-The thing is that the four torso murders committed between 1887 and 1889 (unprecedented when 3 where washed up in the Thames so close in time) were linked as a series by the doctors who had complete access to the remains, Bond and Hebbert. Hebbert was convinced they were killed by the same hand as a definite knowledge of disarticulation of joints was shown.
      I'm not too sure myself but I do know the 1887-1889 discoveries were definitely a unique cluster of torso murders.

Comment

And one of them was found in the East End, not too close to the Thames but close to the Stride scene.

Comment

I sense we are straying into cat’s meat alleys again, and a question presents itself: how much knowledge of disarticulation would a cat’s meat ‘producer’ have required? We are not talking about a purveyor of choice cuts for the fine diners of Mayfair, where a badly executed entrecote would have had the butler blowing a fuse. And, in any case, I doubt Mrs Forsdyke trundled a whole horse home from the nearest abattoir to Pinchin Street. It was probably just hunks of cartable raw horseflesh that would be boiled and then carved from whatever bones remained before being threaded on to wooden sticks. Any disarticulation would already been have been carried out in the abattoir. A bit of chopping or sawing here and there to make the pieces fit into the pot, perhaps, but a knowledge of the finer points of equine anatomy –I wouldn’t have thought so.
          Last edited by MrBarnett; 07-19-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

One person is straying in to Lechmere territory-and I sense one person is straying in to anti-R Michael Gordon terriotory too! it's so frustrating!

Comment

Mr B
              I'm not sure that others would welcome this thread being railroaded into a discussion about one suspect's potential ability to dismember and cart around body parts.
              But for the record as I said before, the cats neat business came in all.shapes and sizes.
              A horse flesh dealer for use in cat' meat.would in all probability be handling big sides of horse flesh. If that dealer was a lady of late middle age then I would assume that she had assistance in heaving the stuff about.
              I have spoken to people who assisted - as childten - in a cat's meat business and they took freshly slaughtered horses from a near by knackers yard. I would pressume some bits were removed before hand such as the tail and hoovers and maybe skin, but not that much more than that.

Comment

For all that is holy, please don't turn my thread into another Crossmere one. There's already a half a dozen of them if you want to entertain that theory.

I'm mainly interested in hearing from people who don't believe in one murderer for the canonical five, give or take Stride for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
                  And one of them was found in the East End, not too close to the Thames but close to the Stride scene.
                  This is the point at which I thought this was in danger of morphing into another Crossmere thread - god forbid!

My lame attempt to prevent it has obviously not gone down well - apologies.

But before I go, these children were manhandling whole horse carcases through the streets? WOW!

MrB
                  Last edited by MrBarnett; 07-19-2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Mr B
                    Who told you that children were manhandling whole horse carcasses through the streets?
                    Don't answer here.

Comment

Working...
                    X